Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall in the Driver's Seat for Recruiting!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall in the Driver's Seat for Recruiting!!!

You know...Greg Marshall is being talked about being potentially "Coach of the Year". Wow!!! He can honestly go to a recruits home and visit with the parents...look them in the eye and honestly say...

"Thank you for having me in your home tonight. I'll make this fairly quick. I've been head coach at Wichita St. for six seasons now. Here is what I've accomplished thus far (handing the parents a glossy showing Wins, Championships, etc.) This season we were picked 4th in our conference. I lost all 5 of my starters from last season that went to the NCAA tournament. This year we lost 3 starters due to the injury bug. My team is currently 19-2 and will be ranked #13 in the nation come this Monday. I can COACH. I wanna go to the Final Four. I'd like your son to come play for me. Thank you...Goodnight"
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

As an incentive tell him it would be awsome to have 3 Canadians on the National Championship team.

Comment

I guess I was the only one seeing it like this. Lol
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

OK. I'll give you a ....well forget it my phone doesn't have a....oh there it is, +1.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          As an incentive tell him it would be awsome to have 3 Canadians on the National Championship team.
          Could the Shox evolve into the Canadian Olympic team?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            As long as we are dreaming I would like to pose a correction. Change to the "back to back" National Championship team. If HCGM does win national coach of the year it will rear the ugly head of where is Gregg Marshall going. Unlike Turgeon I'm of the opinion that HCGM won't leave for anything but a perennial top 10 to 15 type program. In looking at who's underperforming with those kind of credentials I stumbled upon this article.

There they were again, the Texas Longhorns, heads hanging after another stomach punch defeat. Those kind of loses have come to define Texas basketball over the past few years in the tournament. Whe…

In the meantime I intend to enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
              Unlike Turgeon I'm of the opinion that HCGM won't leave for anything but a perennial top 10 to 15 type program.
              Oh, you mean Wichita State? :)

Comment

As long as we are dreaming I would like to pose a correction. Change to the "back to back" National Championship team. If HCGM does win national coach of the year it will rear the ugly head of where is Gregg Marshall going. Unlike Turgeon I'm of the opinion that HCGM won't leave for anything but a perennial top 10 to 15 type program. In looking at who's underperforming with those kind of credentials I stumbled upon this article.

There they were again, the Texas Longhorns, heads hanging after another stomach punch defeat. Those kind of loses have come to define Texas basketball over the past few years in the tournament. Whe…

From what I have heard, Marshall does not want to go to a program just to try and rebuild it. That would be a very risky proposition that will not necessarily end better than where he is now. Exceptions for blue-bloods.

Instead, I think that he will not jump ship unless he can go to a program where the coach is stepping down because of health or age, not incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                  From what I have heard, Marshall does not want to go to a program just to try and rebuild it. That would be a very risky proposition that will not necessarily end better than where he is now. Exceptions for blue-bloods.

Instead, I think that he will not jump ship unless he can go to a program where the coach is stepping down because of health or age, not incompetence.
                  Unless it is a situation like Roy Williams leaving KU to go "home".

Comment

Not going to Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

I believe what will lure 3G away from WSU will be a long established, highly respected university with a traditional student body in a BCS conference in a southeastern state where basketball is king and is not far from 3G's old stomping grounds. A university with a long established basketball program which has seen great success in the past but has fallen on hard times the last few years due to a lousy Head Coach who is summarily hated by the fan base, making 3G a savior. A basketball program that plays in a fairly new 14,400 seat arena and despite being a loser still draws nearly 9,000 fans per game. A basketball program that currently has a pretty talented roster that 3G would turn into a winner as soon as he stepped foot on campus. A basketball program that could easily afford 3G's salary and benefits.

You have three guesses.
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                        I believe what will lure 3G away from WSU will be a long established, highly respected university with a traditional student body in a BCS conference in a southeastern state where basketball is king and is not far from 3G's old stomping grounds. A university with a long established basketball program which has seen great success in the past but has fallen on hard times the last few years due to a lousy Head Coach who is summarily hated by the fan base, making 3G a savior. A basketball program that plays in a fairly new 14,400 seat arena and despite being a loser still draws nearly 9,000 fans per game. A basketball program that currently has a pretty talented roster that 3G would turn into a winner as soon as he stepped foot on campus. A basketball program that could easily afford 3G's salary and benefits.

You have three guesses.
                        Savannah State?

Comment

You have three guesses.
                          When we win our National Championship here, all bets are off.

Comment

Georgia Tech.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

You have three guesses.
                              I don't think Wake Forest (attendance 9,199, capacity 14665) would appeal to him. Same for either Virginia or Vanderbilt.

Comment

Working...
                              X