No announcement yet.

WSU versus Indiana State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be fun (and encouraging) if the last 25 minutes of the Bradley game was a wakeup call for the offense and a permanent step forward for a team with a VERY high ceiling.

The comment about Gregg having disciplined teams and not getting recognition for it quite possibly is the best take ever by an opposing fan, well done sir.

I've been impressed from the get go with what Coach Lansing has accomplished. The key tonight is who can impose their will...if ISU is able to turn it into a half court Jake Odum show, we're in deep crap. If we play our A game, it's going to be more of the same for the Trees in Wichita (8 straight losses as of this morning).

As far as I'm concerned, just win baby.

But I'll admit that another eye catching beat down won't offend me.

Comment

One last thing:

If you were paying attention, you may have noticed an unfurled banner behind 125 at the last game.

That is for the VOLLEYBALL program and it will be released tonight, I believe during one of the media timeouts. I hope the fans see fit to give them the love they deserve for an incredible post season run that included a win over Kansas in Lawrence.

Go Shocks!

Comment

I predict the Trees score more than Bradley did. But who wouldn't? (I would love to be proven wrong on that)

WSU 78
        InSU 67
        Last edited by rrshock; January 29, 2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Heavilly Muscled Arms: 67

Primate Arms: 60
          If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
            That bailout call at the end of the UNI game was horrendous.
            Your critique of Indiana State is a good one. I was expecting nothing but underestimates of the teams depth and talent. However I do have to disagree that the foul call was horrendous. I was at the game and thought it was a pretty weak call myself until I saw this video shot by the local news from the sideline.[IMG=http://a.yfrog.com/img805/9051/6okjhqxghmfsfscbaglauo.mp4][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              The key tonight is who can impose their will...if ISU is able to turn it into a half court Jake Odum show, we're in deep crap. If we play our A game, it's going to be more of the same for the Trees in Wichita (8 straight losses as of this morning).
              This. Wichita's worst nightmare is letting ISU hang around. Lansing's keyword for the whole season has been "grind." If WSU lets us grind on them for the whole game (ok, that doesn't paint a pretty picture, but go with me here), we have had a knack for finding ourselves in a position to win. I can't believe I'm saying this about an ISU team, but we have actually gotten other teams tired. When we play our defense, we are really, really hard to score on. That wears on the other team.

The best scenario for the Shocks is to jump on ISU early and often. Get ISU down by a big margin at the half, and the game should be yours. Of course, we were down 19 to New Mexico in the second half and took that game to OT, but that's because the second half became the Jake Odum Show. If he only did that more...

And pressure. LOTS of pressure on the ISU guards. Our guards don't handle it well. I think that's a hallmark of WSU defense, is it not? That could spell doom for my Trees.

I was deadly serious when I said that I just don't see how we match up with you guys. I kinda feel like Herb Brooks talking to his wife at the skating rink in Lake Placid the day before they played the Soviets. "We just don't match up..." Of course, that game turned out well, but that's why they play the game.

I'm really looking forward to the game tonight. I hope the Trees give the Shocks a game. I just pray we don't get dismantled like we did the tournament last year...

Comment

Trees - 62
                Wushock Bunyan - 73

Comment

77-60 good guys
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
                    This. Wichita's worst nightmare is letting ISU hang around. Lansing's keyword for the whole season has been "grind." If WSU lets us grind on them for the whole game (ok, that doesn't paint a pretty picture, but go with me here), we have had a knack for finding ourselves in a position to win. I can't believe I'm saying this about an ISU team, but we have actually gotten other teams tired. When we play our defense, we are really, really hard to score on. That wears on the other team.

The best scenario for the Shocks is to jump on ISU early and often. Get ISU down by a big margin at the half, and the game should be yours. Of course, we were down 19 to New Mexico in the second half and took that game to OT, but that's because the second half became the Jake Odum Show. If he only did that more...

And pressure. LOTS of pressure on the ISU guards. Our guards don't handle it well. I think that's a hallmark of WSU defense, is it not? That could spell doom for my Trees.

I was deadly serious when I said that I just don't see how we match up with you guys. I kinda feel like Herb Brooks talking to his wife at the skating rink in Lake Placid the day before they played the Soviets. "We just don't match up..." Of course, that game turned out well, but that's why they play the game.

I'm really looking forward to the game tonight. I hope the Trees give the Shocks a game. I just pray we don't get dismantled like we did the tournament last year...
                    I don't have the scout for the Trees but I suspect you're going to see plenty of pressure. Even though we're still 2 starters down, we're as healthy as we've been in 9 weeks and our pressure has been effective against almost all teams. Perhaps we won't press early, but I expect you'll see it later. And in full force.

I also don't think the Trees will tire out WSU. Frustrate yes, tire, no. This team possesses athleticism not seen in the Valley in a very, very long time.

Comment

'wichita state press, when they use it, is quite formidable. they don't use it all of the time (see: at evansville), but when they do use it, which is more this year than last year, i sense that i'm watching a legitimate national contender type of team (getting better and better at it). blah blah so, we'll have to see what odum does when early is at the point of the press, with armstead and or van vleet and cotton at the side- 'hard to say right now, before the game is played, how insu handles it. 'should be interesting.

but i would take insu and the 12 points.
                      Last edited by another shocker; January 29, 2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Everyone just needs to think back to the bradley game. First half, slow down half court game low possession game, butt ugly. 2nd half, full court pressure up tempo high energy, butt kicking. If Ind state can control the tempo they have a chance.

Comment

Feeling uneasy about this game. If we are going to lose at home this season, it's tonight. Thinking a one possession game, possibly two.

Shox by 5.

Shoxerz 68
                          Syco's 63
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I must be in the minority.

I feel if we play like we have been recently, the Vegas line looks right on, and then some.

Control the tempo.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I must be in the minority.

I feel if we play like we have been recently, the Vegas line looks right on, and then some.

Control the tempo.
                              If we get Wiggins 5 shots, we cover.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                If we get Wiggins 5 shots, we cover.
                                If we don't win this game I'm gonna need 5 shots

Comment

Working...
                                X