WSU versus Indiana State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU versus Indiana State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. We need to do another Shocker Tunnel commercial for the tube with our own Kung Wu leading the way doing some karate junk moves. Right behind him will be the Beast, Early who is never late, and EO who gets more ink on SN than a pen factory. Now That will make these Sycamores tremble and want to leave like the trees that they are. If so, they better warm the bus up early. Jake Odum, meet Mr. Armstead. Once he wears you down, we will put a fresh FVV in on you and see how you like that. If we can build on what I just witnessed against Bradley for around 28 minutes, the twees will wilt like dandelions in the Mojave Desert at High Noon and will be in a heap of trouble compounded with pain!!! Now That is some groooovy graaavy baybay. Can u dig it?

Shocks----------------70

Wilt-Twees-Wilt-------59
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Mal is the only point guard in the league who can guard Odum straight up. I'm looking forward to seeing the frustration on his face after he gets his pocket picked for the third time on a crossover move.

WSU 68
    ISU 55

Comment

When our Defense really gets active, it results in a flurry of Offense that comes in leaps and bounds. We have been wanting to finish off teams like we did tonight and have seen the potential to do just that. When we are hitting shots, rebounding like rock stars, and playing stingy Defense, we are very, very good.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        Here's the deal. We need to do another Shocker Tunnel commercial for the tube with our own Kung Wu leading the way doing some karate junk moves. Right behind him will be the Beast, Early who is never late, and EO who gets more ink on SN than a pen factory. Now That will make these Sycamores tremble and want to leave like the trees that they are. If so, they better warm the bus up early. Jake Odum, meet Mr. Armstead. Once he wears you down, we will put a fresh FVV in on you and see how you like that. If we can build on what I just witnessed against Bradley for around 28 minutes, the twees will wilt like dandelions in the Mojave Desert at High Noon and will be in a heap of trouble compounded with pain!!! Now That is some groooovy graaavy baybay. Can u dig it?

Shocks----------------70

Wilt-Twees-Wilt-------59
        Two things.

when you mention "the tunnel" i was reminded of Jay Tunnel! (Patting my own back fr remembering that guy in reference to Indy st.)

Second, "a fresh FVV" is my new favorite nickname for him...

Fresh van vleet

Comment

20 home wins in a row=20 wins this Season=beating Indiana State Tuesday=4 Seasons in a row with 20 for Coach Marshall=Shocker record that no other Coach has ever accomplished here. WOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            20 home wins in a row=20 wins this Season=beating Indiana State Tuesday=4 Seasons in a row with 20 for Coach Marshall=Shocker record that no other Coach has ever accomplished here. WOW!!!
            Speaking of 20. Wichita State will be the first team (D-1) in the nation to win 20 games with an Indiana State win on tuesday. Although Gonzaga tied the Shocks with 19 wins last night, the Zags will not play their 20th game until jan. 31.whereas the Shockers play theirs on jan.29.The Zags will have to win their game as well for 20 wins. We will still be first if we win. Goooo Shockers!!!

Comment

I have to disagree with the comment about Mal playing Odum straight up. First, I'll be a little surprised if Mal even guards Jake as I expect Cotton to get that assignment. Odum is a long, crafty faker flopper, and I think would be a bad matchup for Armstead.

The Trees are well coached (that's not to imply the Shocks are not by the way) and disciplined. We have more than enough talent, depth and coaching to impose our will but even more so than against Bradley, it will take a full on effort and execution to fell the Trees.

One at a time. I like the way the guys put the hammer down last night. I'd love to see that become more habitual.

Comment

Agree - Cotton will likely "handle" Odum.

Comment

Very good thoughts, Wu Doctor....great effort tonight, and a fun challenge ahead...

Shockers 66
                  ISU Blue 56

Comment

Regardless of who is guarding Odom, that person needs to not raise their hands and slap air while near him as the refs have a tendency to call ridiculous fouls on his defenders. That bailout call at the end of the UNI game was horrendous. Malcolm is crafty and quick and may match up well with Odum but Cotton is more than capable of getting the job done too. My only concern with Malcolm would be his ability to stop Odum's penetration. Last season at Koch, Odum scored 21 on us and was 4-6 from 3 point land. I don't expect to see those numbers from him this time around.

Indiana State is having a pretty good season and are a solid team. Indiana State is currently 3rd in the Valley standings at 6-3 and they have a marquee OOC win against Miami on a neutral court. They have also played SDSU on a neutral court and New Mexico at home. All three Valley losses were on the road but they won't be intimidated in the second half and fall apart like Bradley did last night. Indiana State has a new face, Gonzaga transfer Manny Arop, that very long and athletic. Arop is averaging 13 a game and can create his own offense much like Early for WSU.

We will need to play a solid game for 40 minutes like we did against Bradley. I expect the Shox to get it done in a much closer game than we saw yesterday.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet.com - Indiana State

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I predict that Odum will get plenty of garbage from the student section. You can trust me on that one.

Shox - 78
                        Saplings - 62

Comment

Shox - 74

Trees - 63
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I have to disagree with the comment about Mal playing Odum straight up. First, I'll be a little surprised if Mal even guards Jake as I expect Cotton to get that assignment. Odum is a long, crafty faker flopper, and I think would be a bad matchup for Armstead.
                            It'll be interesting to see whether Tekele draws Odum or Arop. I had assumed Arop would be the choice since he's a physical guy who likes to shoot the 3, slash and post up.

Comment

Early has to guard somebody. Isn't Arop one of their bigger players (a wing and he posts up)?

Comment

Working...
                              X