Clearing up one thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why not lance harris? i am feeling a win tomorrow night by the way

also, Steven Beard is accurate in saying that all that "he" sees is HCGM screaming and yelling and that is why Steven Beard is a moron.

Comment

Excerpt

Marshall is paying the price for all the coaches who said they were not interested in a job, and then later took that job. It’s not fair, but the media and public are no longer inclined to believe coaches. Fans and the media have seen too many under-the-table deals and pledges of loyalty rendered meaningless. The media is paying the price for the reporters and commentators who made mistakes or say and write outrageous things with little regard for perspective or the facts. Coaches are not inclined to trust the media, in some cases, because of loose talk and sloppy reporting.

At this point, I think the story goes away until March. Marshall has addressed it, probably more than many coaches would. His statement won’t satisfy fans who want his unending devotion. It was a pretty standard non-denial denial. It also seems to accurately describe the situation. We don’t know much, and Marshall says there is not much to know.

I talked to Bill Stutz, father of WSU recruit Garrett Stutz, this afternoon. He talked with Marshall over the weekend and gives him a rock-solid endorsement for his handling of the situation. He is confident Marshall will coach his son next season, something that should give Shocker fans some relief. I write more about it in Wednesday’s Eagle.
      The media gets to tell its side. Here is Marshall’s:

“Here’s what I’ve learned from this - you can’t believe everything you read in the newspaper,” he said. “You can’t believe everything you hear on the radio. You can’t even believe your local news. I have heard things that are not true, said about this, myself. Not true. Just simply not true. I guess it’s newsworthy. I don’t know why it’s still a story.”

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Beard
        I think that it would have been a positive for WSU to get rid of Gregg Marshall. He is egotistical and thinks he is the best coach WSU has every seen. Well wakeup Gregg you ego is way to big for Wichita to deal with. I all saw on the News was him yelling at the referees plus screaming out of control at his players. I am not impressed with him at all. We need a new coach at WSU.
        Wow.

I feel the same way about this guy that I do about Lawmaker.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Coach is tired of it? Heck, I think many of us are tired of it.
          I know I am.
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

hahah heres my response

the internuts is fun!!

Dear Mr Beard,

You are an idiot. At no point in your rambling, did you even come close to an intelligent thought. I award you no points, And may God have mercy on your soul.

With all due sincerity,

Shocker Nation!!

Comment

I heard that Gregg Marshall doesn't wear underwear at home games and tortures baby kittens when we lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                hahah heres my response

the internuts is fun!!

Dear Mr Beard,

You are an idiot. At no point in your rambling, did you even come close to an intelligent thought. I award you no points, And may God have mercy on your soul.

With all due sincerity,

Shocker Nation!!
                http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?s=7744657
                Good job, ASM. You made the internets a little bit better today and for that, you get a gold star.

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Garrett will be our anchor man of the future.

Excerpt from Paul's article in the today's Eagle:

Stutz said he first heard the rumors on Friday. He put no stock in them, he said.

"Coach (Marshall) has enough integrity that if it was on the front-burner, he would tell us," Stutz said. "He is telling us the same thing he is telling everybody else. He is focused on making Wichita State the best program it can be -- this week, next week, next month, next year."

Comment

And there was this from the same article:

Marshall talked to Garrett Stutz, a WSU recruit from Kansas City, Saturday afternoon about the speculation surrounding the open coaching job at South Carolina.

An hour later, Garrett and his family walked out of a Wichita sports shop with a bunch of Shocker gear.

"If that doesn't show confidence... ," said his Stutz's father, Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                      Wow.

I feel the same way about this guy that I do about Lawmaker.
                      :good: :yes: :good: :yes:

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

An hour later, Garrett and his family walked out of a Wichita sports shop with a bunch of Shocker gear.
                        I read this this morning also, and it put a hop in my step.

Bring on Northern Iowa!!

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

I read this this morning also, and it put a hop in my step. .

I just thought you had a wedgie or a DOA, or maybe you were feeling a bit "special" today, I didnt want to poke fun, but now that I know it was a hop in your step... :D
                          The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence,
                          regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
                          Vincent T. Lombardi (1913 - 1970)

Comment

"Only one statement concerning this issue...and that is that his team hasn't said one word to him about it, because they know he would address the issue with them if there was something to it."

This is one lesson the media and fans could take a lesson from. If there is a story, it will be addressed at the appropriate time.

Comment

Working...
                            X