Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t7017s
    Originally posted by BostonWu
    OK we get it, he's not your biggest fan...to each their own. Personally I like the job he and Randy have done, which fills a void in Wichita.
    Damn man sorry for taking the time to explain myself. I do appreciate the effort they put into it and the job they are doing. And it does fill a void in wichita. Just thought it only right to point out that the honesty he brought was a two way street and I thought it only fair to be honest as well.
    Yes, but he came on here and gave us information we may not have ever received if it wasn't for him. There are times you should be honest with someone and tell them you don't like what they do, but that time isn't when they're going out of their way to give you information. I doubt you would like it if you went out of your way to help someone, they turned around and said "I'm not your biggest fan, but thanks anyway." - Just my personal opinion that rarely means anything to anyone anyway. :good:
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I xertainly am glad Chris helps keep us informed on SN. And Doc what press conference? :posterwu: 8) 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
        I xertainly am glad Chris helps keep us informed on SN. And Doc what press conference? :posterwu: 8) 8)

I'm going to guess it was the HCGM press conference held today.
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
          Originally posted by kcshocker11

I'm going to guess it was the HCGM press conference held today.
          Ah thanxs! :posterwsu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu:
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
            Originally posted by t7017s
            Originally posted by BostonWu
            OK we get it, he's not your biggest fan...to each their own. Personally I like the job he and Randy have done, which fills a void in Wichita.
            Damn man sorry for taking the time to explain myself. I do appreciate the effort they put into it and the job they are doing. And it does fill a void in wichita. Just thought it only right to point out that the honesty he brought was a two way street and I thought it only fair to be honest as well.
            Yes, but he came on here and gave us information we may not have ever received if it wasn't for him. There are times you should be honest with someone and tell them you don't like what they do, but that time isn't when they're going out of their way to give you information. I doubt you would like it if you went out of your way to help someone, they turned around and said "I'm not your biggest fan, but thanks anyway." - Just my personal opinion that rarely means anything to anyone anyway. :good:
            I hear what your saying. I dont dislike them for the record. Its more of a compliment if you think about it though for someone who "isnt the biggest fan" to give such props. And to be personally honest i would appreciate it if someone was so frank an honest with me. But yes I see what your saying and the point is valid. My intent was not to offend but to compliment. My appologies to chris if it offended him.

Comment

Marshall speaks

Posted
              12 minutes ago

Which happened first? A media outlet blew a story out of proportion and fudged the facts in the interest of a hot story? Or a coach fudged his or her interest in an open job and toyed with the affections of fans?

That is the chicken-or-the-egg place we are at with the Gregg Marshall-and-South Carolina story. He thinks the attention to the story is overblown and the media is treating him and his family unfairly. As far as I can tell, most of his gripe is with talk radio and TV. KGSO’s Chris Allison gave him a chance to identify the mistakes. Marshall declined, although he later said a report stated he is friends with South Carolina football coach Steve Spurrier. In fact, they have never met, Marshall said Tuesday. I can find that reference here at the KWCH Web site. I don’t know if it has been repeated elsewhere.

Blog also says Gal is sick and did not practice today. Discusses many other topics.

Comment

I read the Spurrier thing on one of the USC sites when they first were talking about Odom retiring.

The "USC out" in the Winthrop contract idea came from there as well, IIRC.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                  I read the Spurrier thing on one of the SC sites when they first were talking about Odom retiring.

This is the way I remembered it, but wasn't positive.

Comment

Found this reader response on KWCH:

Originally posted by Steven Beard
                    I think that it would have been a positive for WSU to get rid of Gregg Marshall. He is egotistical and thinks he is the best coach WSU has every seen. Well wakeup Gregg you ego is way to big for Wichita to deal with. I all saw on the News was him yelling at the referees plus screaming out of control at his players. I am not impressed with him at all. We need a new coach at WSU.
                    Steven, if you were man enough you'd post that stuff here and have your a** handed to you.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                      I read the Spurrier thing on one of the SC sites when they first were talking about Odom retiring.

This is the way I remembered it, but wasn't positive.
                      Someone should email Richard Smith and ask him who is source was.

It doesn't seem too hard to prove his "source" is an anonymous USC poster if he won't answer.
                      -John Wooden

Comment

I think that it would have been a positive for WSU to get rid of Gregg Marshall. He is egotistical and thinks he is the best coach WSU has every seen. Well wakeup Gregg you ego is way to big for Wichita to deal with. I all saw on the News was him yelling at the referees plus screaming out of control at his players. I am not impressed with him at all. We need a new coach at WSU.
                        Steven, if you were man enough you'd post that stuff here and have your a** handed to you.
                        Only a moron would develop his opinion based on the few video snippets he sees on the news. :wacko:

Please don't encourage those types to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

Only a moron would develop his opinion based on the few video snippets he sees on the news. :wacko:

Please don't encourage those types to come here.
                          Yeah! What he said! Besides, staff is busy enough as it is :)
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I had no idea there was any kind of PC today. I need to pay attention. Gal's sick? That's not good. Lance Harris starting PG if Gal can't go? :D
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I hope that people can let all this go...I think Marshall is getting tired of it...It could push him away if given the chance

Comment

Coach is tired of it? Heck, I think many of us are tired of it.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X