Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clearing up one thing!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clearing up one thing!

    Don't let false information get in the way of a good story, right? Maybe in a novel, but not in this case. Somewhere along the line it was mentioned that Marshall and Spurrier are friends...even best friends. Actually, according to Gregg, they've never met. Obviously frustrating to him. Interesting press conference today. Only one statement concerning this issue...and that is that his team hasn't said one word to him about it, because they know he would address the issue with them if there was something to it. Also said that they've dealt with the issue with their recruiting class. He's frustrated with local and national media...here's my take...papers, television stations, and sports talk radio stations attack the topics that are on the minds of fans...with the internet and sports talk radio, the fans can speak louder than ever now. So discussing the "what if" factors is natural and fair...it's not fair when mistruths are spoken or written...and that's certainly what happened with this Spurrier story...and we, along with other local media outlets, are not innocent. I want to make sure the record is straight on that topic!

  • #2
    Go Shocks...it's time for a little six game run to get us out of the MVC cellar!

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, Chris.

      One of the common themes I've noticed is that when these items of misinformation appear, they seem to originate from "those close to the coach/situation", or so says the reporter.

      Well, "those close to the coach/situation" appear to be full of crap.

      Comment


      • #4
        Chris,
        Thanks again for your support of WSU! Most of us realize you have a job to do and must report on stories tht may or may not be popular to the WSU masses... regardless, you and Randy continue to provide a quality product that is both entertaining and informative. I hope everyone takes the time to read what you posted.
        I wish you, Randy and KGSO nothing but the best… great things come to good people.
        SFL is back!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Clearing up one thing!

          Originally posted by SportsRadio 1410 KGSO
          Don't let false information get in the way of a good story, right? Maybe in a novel, but not in this case. Somewhere along the line it was mentioned that Marshall and Spurrier are friends...even best friends. Actually, according to Gregg, they've never met. Obviously frustrating to him. Interesting press conference today. Only one statement concerning this issue...and that is that his team hasn't said one word to him about it, because they know he would address the issue with them if there was something to it. Also said that they've dealt with the issue with their recruiting class. He's frustrated with local and national media...here's my take...papers, television stations, and sports talk radio stations attack the topics that are on the minds of fans...with the internet and sports talk radio, the fans can speak louder than ever now. So discussing the "what if" factors is natural and fair...it's not fair when mistruths are spoken or written...and that's certainly what happened with this Spurrier story...and we, along with other local media outlets, are not innocent. I want to make sure the record is straight on that topic!
          Chris I would like to start by saying that I'm not your biggest fan. That said I think you are getting better everyday. I am really impressed with you taking the time to come here an comment on this today. Its a classy and resposible thing to do and you have gained a great deal of my respect. Honesty goes a long ways with me as well as being up front. I felt it only fair to state off the bat that I'm not your biggest fan because its the truth and after all a two way street. Keep up the hard work and thanks again for taking the time to report something of this nature because its important that the correct information is presented for people to make decisions on where they stand on issues. Again much respect.

          Comment


          • #6
            OK we get it, he's not your biggest fan...to each their own. Personally I like the job he and Randy have done, which fills a void in Wichita.

            Comment


            • #7
              I am going to echo ( ;-) ) BW yet again.

              I have a feeling KGSO is going to be really big in the next couple of years.


              Perhaps another urban legend is the "USC clause" in his contract that magically disappeared?


              I sense a wave of good fortune headed our way.


              Fortune that we are mightily overdue in receiving.


              :goshocks: osterwu: osterwsu:

              Comment


              • #8
                Anyone know if the press conference is available via podcast?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by WuDrWu
                  I am going to echo ( ;-) ) BW yet again.

                  I have a feeling KGSO is going to be really big in the next couple of years.


                  Perhaps another urban legend is the "USC clause" in his contract that magically disappeared?


                  I sense a wave of good fortune headed our way.


                  Fortune that we are mightily overdue in receiving.


                  :goshocks: osterwu: osterwsu:
                  :rofl:
                  ________
                  FREE GIFT CARD
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BostonWu
                    OK we get it, he's not your biggest fan...to each their own. Personally I like the job he and Randy have done, which fills a void in Wichita.
                    Damn man sorry for taking the time to explain myself. I do appreciate the effort they put into it and the job they are doing. And it does fill a void in wichita. Just thought it only right to point out that the honesty he brought was a two way street and I thought it only fair to be honest as well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Their morning show is a hell alot better than trying to listen to Heartl and Lutz
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        Anyone know if the press conference is available via podcast?

                        You want to share Doc?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Newstalk please dont listen to Bruce and Bob if you dont like them. You just cant the truth when it dont agree with you thats all

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wushock
                            Newstalk please dont listen to Bruce and Bob if you dont like them. You just cant the truth when it dont agree with you thats all

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nothing made me cringe more than listening to the "sports people on tv" talk about this issue.

                              Everyone wrote him off as leaving and would lead into their stories as such.

                              I would like to take this time to announce that unless your Kobbe THEN EFF YOU BUZZ!!!

                              Chris and Randy do a good job. A Really good job. THanks guys I enjoy listening in the morning and since im taking a day off Ill actually get to finish a show.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X