News Sources from South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
    both jobs are going to be third in terms of importance to football and baseball respectively. LSU is relatively close to N'orleans, and Columbia has southern charm and hospitality.

LSU probably has the edge in overall athletic department. South Carolina has a newer, nicer basketball arena.

But yeah I don't really see any advantage of one over the other. Carolina is probably a better recruiting base BUT they have to compete with Duke, UNC, NC State, Wake, etc. for those recruits.

Either school would do well with Anthony Grant who plays an up-tempo style that is favored among SEC fans, and he knows the conference and recruiting areas.

Comment

I must have missed where English said he wanted the job. Was that posted somewhere?
      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Interesting thought about English...

I remember an interview with Lenny Wilkens a while back when he was coaching the Olympic team. He said he had given some instruction to Shaq one day and Shaq came back with, "Come on coach, you've never even played at this level." Wilkens told Shaq to go home and ask his stepdad about Lenny. Shaq came back the next day and said "My dad said you were cold!"

The point to my rambling is; I wonder how many potential recruits know abot Alex English. I saw him play in the day and could flat score.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Hello Shocker Fans.........USC Alum here and was curious to know if you guys have heard any more on the GM Situation.

After the statement released on Monday......we all got what we thought we would get...........NOTHING

Any News.........Great Board by the way

Comment

Well, Coach never met Ol Ball Coach ever and Coach doesn't want to talk about USC for now

Comment

Originally posted by Snake
              Hello Shocker Fans.........USC Alum here and was curious to know if you guys have heard any more on the GM Situation.

After the statement released on Monday......we all got what we thought we would get...........NOTHING

IMHO, if the job is offered to him, he will go. It's his choice to go or stay. Its obvious we all want him ti stay, but thats a choice for him and his family to make. The only thing that hurts is that him leaving would send this program back in terms of recruiting and continuing to build on that Sweet 16 run.
              ________
              Ferrari colombo engine history
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

If there is any news, it will probably come from your direction. Marshall has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to talk about it. So the ball is in USC's court. I wouldn't expect any developments until after WSU's season is over.

But FWIW, Marshall's words outside the official statement make it sound like he's very excited to coach this year's recruiting class. On his Monday coach's show (after releasing the statement) you could hear it in his voice when he discussed the recruits.

Comment

I see where Alex English was mentioned as a possible replacement.......he's not really a popular choice here in Columbia......Our Basketball program needs a young energetic guy.

We are tired of being the coaching "Graveyard" for Football and Basketball and GM fits the mold.

The one thing that scares us about Anthony Grant is the possibility of returning to Florida or Miami in the Future to get back close to home.

With Marshall......we know at Winthrop that he called USC his "dream job" and we want someone with ties to the state.

Comment

I see where Alex English was mentioned as a possible replacement.......he's not really a popular choice here in Columbia......Our Basketball program needs a young energetic guy.

We are tired of being the coaching "Graveyard" for Football and Basketball and GM fits the mold.

The one thing that scares us about Anthony Grant is the possibility of returning to Florida or Miami in the Future to get back close to home.

With Marshall......we know at Winthrop that he called USC his "dream job" and we want someone with ties to the state.
                    Welcome to Shockernet Snake. Look forward to discussing this issue and sharing news for the next few months.

Comment

Thanks KCShox You guys were such a classy bunch on our board.....I thought I would drop by and try to join in on this topic :good:

Comment

We should get a pool going to see which thread lasts longer.....Orupke or HCGM to USC.

Sorry...morbidly joking........

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Grant

I don't quite understand all the worry about and emphasis on Anthony Grant.

So far, we have The Troll Fromerly Known as KC Shox offering his learned opinion that Marshall is USC's second choice behind Grant -- unlike the South Carolina reporter who actually might know something and had Marshall fifth on his list, behind Grant and several others -- and we have the Wichita TV sports bozos, with their vested interest in stirring the pot, claiming that they think Marshall will be offered the job.

But no one who actually knows anything is credibly suggesting that will happen, there are several other likely candidates aside from Marshall, and there are good reasons why Marshall might very well be having second thoughts about his alleged "dream job" anyway.

My money is on the Orukpe thread ending up longer, but this one is much sillier and more pointless.

Comment

The only way the Ehimen thread doesn't last longer is if he shows up within the next month :D
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Re: Grant

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                              So far, we have The Troll Fromerly Known as KC Shox offering his learned opinion that Marshall is USC's second choice behind Grant -- unlike the South Carolina reporter who actually might know something and had Marshall fifth on his list, behind Grant and several others -- and we have the Wichita TV sports bozos, with their vested interest in stirring the pot, claiming that they think Marshall will be offered the job.
                              Thanks man, but you are giving me far too much credit for being the only one on this board to offer an opinion on what GM will do after the season. I had no notion that my opinions were so influential and are paramount above all others on this board. Obviously it made an impact on you or you wouldn't have decided to call me out.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                                We should get a pool going to see which thread lasts longer.....Orupke or HCGM to USC.
                                Gimmie Okrupe for $5. Someone's gonna get pissed this story still lives and start swinging the Banhammer and Delete Axe...
                                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                                Students > Alumni
                                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Working...
                                X