No announcement yet.

News Sources from South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the fans have some say in what coaches are considered or hired, I would think

Comment

Lol....Only fans that write big checks to the university have much of a say. And I mean BIG.

Comment

Andy Katz in his daily word had a comment regarding the South Carolina search and Coach Marshall.

"How much do you think Wichita State's Gregg Marshall wishes he stayed at Winthrop, where he might have succeeded Dave Odom at South Carolina? Hard to say, but clearly he would have had more of a shot from Winthrop then he ever would at Wichita State.

I still believe, at this juncture, that Anthony Grant of VCU would make the most sense at South Carolina. Dave Dickerson, a native of the state, is doing wonders keeping Tulane competitive but most ADs want to see an NCAA Tournament on the resume and that's why Grant would make more sense."

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
          Lol....Only fans that write big checks to the university have much of a say. And I mean BIG.
          BINGO!

Comment

Hate to feed this monster, but why would Grant want to go to USC? With his resume, there could be, you know, an actual basketball school that wants him.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoWu
              Hate to feed this monster, but why would Grant want to go to USC? With his resume, there could be, you know, an actual basketball school that wants him.

It will be interesting to see the coaching carousel get to work this year, as I think at least one other SEC school (LSU) could be hiring. List for me what schools you consider to be basketball schools. Just curious.

Comment

I agree. Grant could easily be a hotter hire than South freaking Carolina.

Comment

How can you overlook English...first he's not bound by NCAA rules ala Huggins. Second, he's available now and says he wants the job. Third, he's a homer. At last, he's got clout coming from the NBA.

I think if I was the AD I would be all over that!

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
                    Originally posted by WyoWu

It will be interesting to see the coaching carousel get to work this year, as I think at least one other SEC school (LSU) could be hiring. List for me what schools you consider to be basketball schools. Just curious.
                    USC would not be on my list.

Comment

In conjunction with what Charlie alluded to...

Fox Sports brings us this little nugget...

Athony Grant could be a candidate at LSU

Seems Mr. Grant could have his pick of head coaching job after this year.

Comment

I would think LSU is a more attractive gig than South Carolina.

Comment

both jobs are going to be third in terms of importance to football and baseball respectively. LSU is relatively close to N'orleans, and Columbia has southern charm and hospitality.

Comment

Why not pile on to the hysteria. I just saw a scroll for I believe Jocks and Jills requesting that Shocker fans come by and sign the poster to keep Coach Marshall.

??????

What? Is he sick?

Comment

Our dysfunctional clan of Shocker fans wouldn't be complete without the hysterical paranoid types - kind of the crazy uncles of the family.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

They think Coach ain't staying. Even though reading that huge list of coaches quelled most of my fears, i still have a thought inkling from time to time Coach might bolt.

Comment

Working...
                                X