Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Creighton Program a bit over-rated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it.

2 Sweet 16's in 7 years is pretty impressive; Creighton is still yet to have 1 in its lifetime.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I love it.

2 Sweet 16's in 7 years is pretty impressive; Creighton is still yet to have 1 in its lifetime.
      This kind of talking is inviting the trolls. Although it might be fun. Now that I think if it, they won't show up because of current events.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        I was rooting for CU to win.

But . . . it needs to be pointed out that Creighton and WSU have the same number of NCAA wins in the last 15 years: four.
        To be fair, Creighton does really have the lead on us in a very important category: losses. 9 vs 2.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
          This kind of talking is inviting the trolls. Although it might be fun. Now that I think if it, they won't show up because of current events.
          Most Creighton fans go on "cruises" after losses.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I love it.

We haven't gone to the tournament often. But when we do, we prefer sweet 16's.

Stay thirsty, my friends.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I was pulling for CU against Duke last night and no shame to lose to that team. Hope we get a shot at Duke this year...

But I was amazed to hear that CU hasn't beaten a top 10 team since 1974. That is crazy.
              Last edited by MadaboutWu; March 25, 2013, 06:34 AM.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Creighton's a fraud. That's really the easiest way to convey it. They have no pedigree, outside of a freakish ability to win a conference tournament.

They're (or were) the Missouri Tigers of the MVC. Big hat, no cattle.

Comment

Creighton got hosed. Dook gets all the whistles, just like KU does. Dougie, Echinique, and Gibbs had 14 fouls between them. I'll wager that has NEVER happened in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Creighton got hosed. Dook gets all the whistles, just like KU does. Dougie, Echinique, and Gibbs had 14 fouls between them. I'll wager that has NEVER happened in their careers.
                    Im not really disputing this but how many fouls did plumlee and kelly have in just the first half alone?

Comment

You know, I think you all need to show just a little more RESPECT for Creighton. I mean, it's pretty difficult to be as good as they are and continue to keep the streak going of never winning a Sweet 16. That's pretty hard to keep going.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

CU is shooters and Dougie. No shooty, no laundry.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

MVC Sweet 16 Teams Since 1994 (Wins)
                          1994 -- #12 Tulsa (UCLA, Oklahoma State)
                          1995 -- #6 Tulsa (Illinois, Old Dominion)
                          1999 -- #12 Missouri St. (Wisconsin, Tennessee)
                          2002 -- #11 S. Illinois (Texas Tech, Georgia)
                          2006 -- #13 Bradley (Kansas, Pittsburgh)
                          2006 -- #7 Wichita St. (Seton Hall, Tennessee)
                          2007 -- #4 S. Illinois (Holy Cross, Va. Tech)
                          2010 -- #9 UNI (UNLV, Kansas)
                          2013 -- #9 Wichita State (Pittsburgh, Gonzaga)

From a national perspective, people around the country only remember what you did on a national stage. When I am in other states and wear WSU gear people come up to me and talk about two things. They remember the Baseball national championship and they remember the Sweet Sixteen run. I am not sure what people in other states would say to Creighton fans but I am guessing it is not much.
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

To be fair, Creighton seems to have our number in the MVC, as evidenced by beating us 2 out of 3 this season, so you could say they've won the battle. But I would say our 2 sweet 16 appearances to their none is much more important than them beating us up in the MVC. I don't think they are overrated, but I do think that when it comes to a national stage, we are just a bit better, or we get hotter or luckier at the right time, however you wanna say it.

Comment

I worked with a girl who went to Creighton, she was a huuuge basketball fan. Always wore KU gear. When I asked her why she didn't cheer for Creighton, she replied, "Because they suck." case-closed.

Also, in spite of those two giant flaws. She was a nice person.

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                                MVC Sweet 16 Teams Since 1994 (Wins)
                                1994 -- #12 Tulsa (UCLA, Oklahoma State)
                                1995 -- #6 Tulsa (Illinois, Old Dominion)
                                1999 -- #12 Missouri St. (Wisconsin, Tennessee)
                                2002 -- #11 S. Illinois (Texas Tech, Georgia)
                                2006 -- #13 Bradley (Kansas, Pittsburgh)
                                2006 -- #7 Wichita St. (Seton Hall, Tennessee)
                                2007 -- #4 S. Illinois (Holy Cross, Va. Tech)
                                2010 -- #9 UNI (UNLV, Kansas)
                                2013 -- #9 Wichita State (Pittsburgh, Gonzaga)

From a national perspective, people around the country only remember what you did on a national stage. When I am in other states and wear WSU gear people come up to me and talk about two things. They remember the Baseball national championship and they remember the Sweet Sixteen run. I am not sure what people in other states would say to Creighton fans but I am guessing it is not much.
                                according to MVCFans, winning the conference and tournament in STL is more impressive than getting to the Sweet 16, some have said if WSU can get to the elite 8 then their season will be slightly better than sCUMs.

Comment

Working...
                                X