No announcement yet.

SIU @ WSU game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First timer here. If I may offer my 4 cents (inflation you know). Just finished watching the replay on Cox22 and the crowd was definitely louder in person than what came across on TV. In regards to the dog and monkey show I was curious how the little guys stayed planted in the saddle. Duct tape maybe? If I had followed my dreams and never gave up it would have most likely ended with a restraining order from the 1976 version of Farah Fawcett. :welcoming: After about 3 minutes of prancing around the court, I started hoping PETA would show up and put an end to his dream. On another subject, after watching EO's shot blocking clinic I thought it would be nice if they added a segment to the opening video of him walking through Shocker BBall history. The added video would show some of his more outstanding erasures, maybe a graphic of his record setting blocks (if/when he gets there). Then have him turn to the camera and wink/nod/smile. Maybe this could be done towards the end of the season. Thanks for listening. Keep it going SHOX!

Over and Out

Comment

• It just occured to me that if Seck had one more year and was playing under Hinson that SIU might be dangerous. I think ol' SIU is gonna be back in the top 3 of the Valley in just a couple years.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        Monkeys riding Dogs catching frisbees, now you're on to something.
        Now if they could flip 5 freaking bowls on their heads while riding the dogs ...

Comment

• Also, was it just me or did Coach Marshall really get into Nick for not shooting the ball at the under 8 media TO I think it was. He spent a lot of time talking to him and to me it looked like he was telling him to shoot the ball. I thought he passed up some shots he should have taken.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Now if they could flip 5 freaking bowls on their heads while riding the dogs ...
            I guess you did kind of have to admire the guy for admitting that his childhood dream was to own a monkey. Maybe he should do some of those Dove, I'm definitely comfortable in my skin commercials.

Comment

• His border collies inevitably end up in rehab. Once they get past the denial, they admit it, "Yeah, I've got a problem. I've got to get this monkey off my back".
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                His border collies inevitably end up in rehab. Once they get past the denial, they admit it, "Yeah, I've got a problem. I've got to get this monkey off my back".
                You might say his childhood dreams were a bit primitive. And clearly they never evolved.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Also, was it just me or did Coach Marshall really get into Nick for not shooting the ball at the under 8 media TO I think it was. He spent a lot of time talking to him and to me it looked like he was telling him to shoot the ball. I thought he passed up some shots he should have taken.
                  I would say, if thats the case, Nick is making very good strides.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    when siu started shooting like that, i could have sworn i saw monkeys fly out of my butt.
                    And at halftime we found out where they landed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      And at halftime we found out where they landed.
                      Yes we did. It will take a while for everyone to forget that travesty of a halftime show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I heard he's working on "quick changing" the color of the monkeys fur at the exact time all 10k fans blink at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          His border collies inevitably end up in rehab. Once they get past the denial, they admit it, "Yeah, I've got a problem. I've got to get this monkey off my back".
                          That was better than the half time show.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            I wasnt there, but how can monkeys riding on the backs of dogs not be entertaining?

Where is everybody's inner 7 year old?
                            Because they didn't do anything. The guy just talked on and on about his dream to own a monkey etc. I think everybody expected them to do SOMETHING and it never happened. A big talk and no action. Pretty boring and very strange.

Any 7 year old would have been totally bored.

I heard that WSU paid the guy $1500. If that is true, WSU was robbed!

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              Because they didn't do anything. The guy just talked on and on about his dream to own a monkey etc. I think everybody expected them to do SOMETHING and it never happened. A big talk and no action. Pretty boring and very strange.

Any 7 year old would have been totally bored.

I heard that WSU paid the guy $1500. If that is true, WSU was robbed!
                              I agree with everyone here in that it was a disaster of a half time show. However, after looking at some videos, the guy seems to do almost all outdoor events where the dogs (think horses) and monkeys (cowboys) herd goats and sheep and do it very well. Not only into pens, but, one I saw, 5 male goats to jump on to the back of a pickup and from there, on to the roof of the truck cab, all 5.

I guess if I was having them at a half time basketball game, I might ask just what all he could do inside on a wooden court.....obviously not herd goats. So I'd put the blame on whoever hired the act.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Doc, do you know if the Sweet 16 Shocker Volleyball team is on the schedule to be honored at halftime this season?
                                On tonight's halftime of the WSU-UNI WBB game Becky Endicott said they would be honoring the Shocks Sweet 16 Volleyball team at the halftime of the Indiana State game on January 29th and unveiling the Shockers first ever Volleyball Sweet 16 banner.

Comment

Working...
                                X