No announcement yet.

Hall's role upon returning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm leaning more towards keeping Cotton and bringing DWill off the bench upon The Beast returning to the lineup.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Cotton and Williams are both good defensively. Its nice having the ability to call on 2 seniors at the 2.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Whatever coach has to do, he will. It must be really nice being able to just know that you have a position covered regardless if it is the started or the fourth guy on the depth chart. I think that position will be filled by committee and the starter is just a mere technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Cotton and Williams are both good defensively. Its nice having the ability to call on 2 seniors at the 2.
          You do realize Cotton is only a sophomore don't you?
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            You do realize Cotton is only a sophomore don't you?
            Thats the beauty of it. We get the senior for 2 more years.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I was 3 paragraphs into trying to make things work with Early switching to a 3/4 combo. I erased because Orukpe needs frequent breaks and I don't think Hall is just going to be ready to go for 10 minute stretches right away. No matter how I tried, I had to keep bringing White in at either the 4 or 5, which had the domino effect of taking minutes away from Cotton, which is just wrong.

I was also trying to use Cotton and Wiggins at the same time (offense and defense) with any 2 of the 3 main post players. The substitution pattern to make tht work was tough even on paper. I'm glad I'm not the coach. What we've seen out of the former bench depth (Cotton and Early in particular) makes Hall's return a coaching challenge.

I would like to see Hall and Early on the court at the same time. Their different styles could lead to an inevitable "Beauty and the Beast" reference.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The first thing that happens is that Hall takes all of Lufile's minutes and all of White's minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I was 3 paragraphs into trying to make things work with Early switching to a 3/4 combo. I erased because Orukpe needs frequent breaks and I don't think Hall is just going to be ready to go for 10 minute stretches right away. No matter how I tried, I had to keep bringing White in at either the 4 or 5, which had the domino effect of taking minutes away from Cotton, which is just wrong.

I was also trying to use Cotton and Wiggins at the same time (offense and defense) with any 2 of the 3 main post players. The substitution pattern to make tht work was tough even on paper. I'm glad I'm not the coach. What we've seen out of the former bench depth (Cotton and Early in particular) makes Hall's return a coaching challenge.

I would like to see Hall and Early on the court at the same time. Their different styles could lead to an inevitable "Beauty and the Beast" reference.
                  Beauty and the beast! That is gold

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    The first thing that happens is that Hall takes all of Lufile's minutes and all of White's minutes.
                    This. And that is doom for our opponents. Hall owns those two and we've been winning WITH those two.

Comment

When Hall is ready for 20+ minutes, we have a nice rotation of Hall, EO, and Cle to man the two inside positions. They probably can take the large majority of the 80 minutes for those positions. Someone (White) will still be needed for foul trouble minutes, and to replace EO at the end of the game to make sure that we have two good free throw shooters in the game is we know are expecting a foul. It'll probably be in the 5-10 minute a game range for White. The bench will be shortened at that time, I think. I think that we have very talented (and enough numbers) players at the 1-3 positions (Armstead, DW, Cotton, FVV, Wiggins, and Baker if and when he comes back), that Cle won't get a lot (if any) of minutes at the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        When Hall is ready for 20+ minutes, we have a nice rotation of Hall, EO, and Cle to man the two inside positions.
                        I think that I may have understated the word "nice" a little. :)

Comment

Working...
                        X