Hall's role upon returning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
    I'd have Carl come off the bench for two or three games to get his legs back under him.

After that I would have a starting lineup of:
    PG - Armstead
    SG - Williams
    SF - Early
    PF - Hall
    C - Orukpe

Subs Off The Bench: (In order of playing time)
    PG/SG - Cotton
    PF/C - Lufile
    SF/SG - Wiggins
    PG - Van Vleet
    PF/C - Jake White
    I'm not sure CJ has earned to be that high on the subs list. I like your starting lineup, but think Early would still play som PF to keep both White and Lufile's minutes down. CJ has not looked good the past few weeks which is a shame for him because that was his opportunity to show he deserved more. I'd guess White will get more minutes than CJ will. I'd list the bench, in order, Cotton, FVV, Wiggins, White, Lufile. And White could get more minutes than Wiggy.

Wiggy needs to D up some so he can get on the court!
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't know which will hurt worse - Carl's thumb or the rim on that first dunk.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        I'd list the bench, in order, Cotton, FVV, Wiggins, White, Lufile. And White could get more minutes than Wiggy.

Wiggy needs to D up some so he can get on the court!
        I'm close but I think it's Cotton with Wiggins right on his tail. Wiggins has been stepping up huge lately. In fact, who gets in first off the bench between Cotton and Wiggins is just a matter of who needs a breather first and/or who gets in foul trouble first: Williams or Early.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I'm close but I think it's Cotton with Wiggins right on his tail. Wiggins has been stepping up huge lately. In fact, who gets in first off the bench between Cotton and Wiggins is just a matter of who needs a breather first and/or who gets in foul trouble first: Williams or Early.
          Wiggy has to start playing better D for that to happen. Cotton would be in first for either Early or DWill right now.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I don't care if Hall comes back, Baker comes back, Wessel comes back, Carr and Levingston come back, Cotton is gonna keep gettin 20 minutes.

Comment

Tekele should really be named Tekele Steele, Cotton just doesn't seem to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Plus, yelling Cotton loudly is a very difficult thing to do. As a fan, it's one of the things I spend the most time on during practice, but it's still hard to simulate live games. I've nearly hurt myself on multiple occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Effin' A, Cotton, Effin' A!

Comment

When Carl's ready and in shape he will be put back into the starting lineup with Cle and EO. Cle can move out to the 3 and and is quick enough be an adequate defender. If somebody did get by him, guess who's waiting, EO and Carl. Eraser 1 and Eraser 2. Add the guards ability to apply pressure out front and you have a winning defense. Tekele will get his minutes but I believe it will be off the bench. That would allow us to rotate 4 guards at two spots. Much better situation in my opinion. The other three big guys can earn their minutes based on situations and how they are playing. You could still play Tekele at the 3 but for shorter stints. In a league where good bigs are at a premium, why would you not play them together as much as possible.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

why not just play cle at the 3? Interior defense wont be an issue with Carl and EO. Cle is obviously not a defensive liability and can play both inside and out. He has GREAT size and creates more mismatches than causes.

But what do I do know I just like to get hammered and call in to pregame shows... Ill hang up and listen off the air.

Comment

the biggest problem with Cle at the 3 is his ball handling. He's adequate but against a good guard, he'd get stripped a lot - look at the Bradley game when he'd try to drive into the lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          the biggest problem with Cle at the 3 is his ball handling. He's adequate but against a good guard, he'd get stripped a lot - look at the Bradley game when he'd try to drive into the lane.
                          What happened to him happens to them all when you get careless and try to do too much. He is a capable ball handler and would present serious match up issues for the opponents.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

How many times did MA get stripped? Should he stop handling the ball? Cle handles just fine. And you know what, he can also post the crap out of a smaller guard and have his way.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

My starting five once Hall is capable is:

EO
                              Hall
                              Early-time for him to learn the 3 if he hasn't already
                              Cotton
                              Armstead
                              In the fast lane

Comment

I would go for that, but it's kind of between Cotton/Williams - we really somebody that can hit from outside at the two. Baker eventually - hopefully this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X