Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Taking Stock, Hoop Thoughts-Style: Which..." by Seth Davis of Sports Illustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Regarding Tennessee and their 4th-place SEC prediction, wasn't that with their best player?

I have to think the pollsters expected us to beat UT in their weakened state. WSU didn't meet those expectations and they were penalized in the polls as a result. Now poll mechanics will trump records and resume comparisons.
    As I recall WSU was also down 2 starters when they played Tennessee, but maybe the pollsters didn't realize that.

Comment

The good pub is great, but for now we just need to beat Bradley. I'm sure that HC3G realize that. Just keep winning and eventually the polls numbers will come.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        As I recall WSU was also down 2 starters when they played Tennessee, but maybe the pollsters didn't realize that.
        We were only down Wessel. EO played limited minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          We were only down Wessel. EO played limited minutes.
          I couldn't remember for sure if EO played or not, but I do remember that he was injured. Just checked the box score and you are right, he played 7 minutes. WSU still had 2 injured starters with one not playing at all.

Comment

The link found and shared by the SN WuShock Reaper for our reading is a breath of fresh air. Not many teams at this level are successful when facing the adversity we have endured. Thus, we hope the winning recipe to land us at the Dance continues to develop. We are cleaning glass, playing the tough as nails D, and all of our players are adapting to and accepting their role for executing our team's best interest. We never know from game to game who will step up, but by committee, we just are going with the flow and all 12 Shocks have had nice games for us this Season already. Now get us back to at least 11 players, keep improving each and every game, and making shots. Yes, one game at a time and a team that is used to finding wins no matter what the obstacles that happen by. Last but far from least, 3G and his Staff have had us prepared, focused, and winning. So far, so good.
            Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 5, 2013, 05:30 PM.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              The link found and shared by the SN Reaper for our reading is a breath of fresh air. Not many teams at this level are successful when facing the adversity we have endured. Thus, we hope the winning recipe to land us at the Dance continues to develop. We are cleaning glass, playing the tough as nails D, and all of our players are adapting to and accepting their role for executing our team's best interest. We never know from game to game who will step up, but by committee, we just are going with the flow and all 12 Shocks have had nice games for us this Season already. Now get us back to at least 11 players, keep improving each and every game, and making shots. Yes, one game at a time and a team that is used to finding wins no matter what the obstacles that happen by. Last but far from least, 3G and his Staff have had us prepared, focused, and winning. So far, so good.
              And I'll emphasize what you said, "so far, so good".

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                And don't forget the part "one game at a time." What we have achieved actually defies logic, or does it, when we have 12 solid players from top to bottom? Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  And don't forget the part "one game at a time." What we have achieved actually defies logic, or does it, when we have 12 solid players from top to bottom? Stay tuned.
                  Yes it does defy logic to some. But HCGM is a master at what he does and he and his staff have done an excellent job recruiting and developing players. 12 solid players is what will continue to nearly cause you to have a heart attack from all the excitement of the Shockers winning over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    Hey KC, relax--we did it. Emphasis noted and I reiterate---"So far, so good."

Comment

Working...
                    X