Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Taking Stock, Hoop Thoughts-Style: Which..." by Seth Davis of Sports Illustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Taking Stock, Hoop Thoughts-Style: Which..." by Seth Davis of Sports Illustrated

Seth Davis has written a little piece on his best peforming teams of the season. He has rated each stock (team)as a Buy, Sell or Hold. This year he was surprisingly bullish. Among the 42 teams he rated, 19 earned a Buy, 13 earned a Sell and nine earned a Hold. One team earned the rare and coveted Buy-Plus.

P.S. the only team to receive a "Buy-Plus wasn't Duke, or Indiana, or Kansas, or Louisville, well you will just have to read the article to see.

Seth seems to pay a little bit better attention. Now everyone should know about. That is good pub.

Comment

Very cool! But we have to follow it up on the court and take care of business.

Comment

How about that? I couldn't agree more with what he had to say :)

We are about to add the best post player in the conference to a 13-1 team.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
          Very cool! But we have to follow it up on the court and take care of business.
          Yep.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
            How about that? I couldn't agree more with what he had to say :)

We are about to add the best post player in the conference to a 13-1 team.
            You are absolutely correct. This will be a totally different team with Beast back. :)

Comment

I'm putting my life savings in WSU stock.

Comment

I'm questioning whether or not I can make a claim like that so I pulled up the stats.

Hall was 13.9 pts 7.6 rbds and 1.9 blks
                GE is 11.1 pts 7.7 rbds and 1.6 blks
                Carmichael is 17.3 pts 8.3 rbds and 2.1 blks.

I'm still going with hall because of the win %. Carmichael looks great but his team is 9-5.

Comment

Wow!!!! This was well written on ALL teams, but sounded great about the Shockers! Seth obviously has watched TONS of hoops!

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777 View Post
                    I'm putting my life savings in WSU stock.
                    I think alot of us did that when we went to school at WSU :)

Comment

:good:
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Seriously, this is some nice publicity. I'm not sure how many people read this but more stuff like this and we should start getting more attention in the polls.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                          Seriously, this is some nice publicity. I'm not sure how many people read this but more stuff like this and we should start getting more attention in the polls.
                          You are absolutely correct.

Comment

Just keep winning and we will get the attention deserved.

Comment

But 13-1 isn't getting the attention that teams from other conferences would be getting with the same record. There is attention, but there should be more from the pollsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X