Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right now my wish on WSU and Conference realignment is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right now my wish on WSU and Conference realignment is...

Stay in the MVC
    Leave the MVC for the "new C-7 league"
    In the fast lane

1. Go to the Mountain West
    2. Stay in the MVC
    3. Leave the Valley for the C-7

Totally opposed going to a depleted A-10. The current A-10 is iffy at best, with so many east coast teams and "Evansvilles" at the bottom of the conference. A depleted A-10 looks worse to me than the Valley.

Also I am not impressed with the C-7. The best part of that conference will probably be the teams they add to the original 7. The original 7 really don't excite me. Too many east coast teams and really not that appealing ones at that right now (Providence College, Seton Hall, St. Johns).

Baseball in the C-7 would be downright horrible. Both for the quality and the distance to travel for road games (same with the A-10).
    Last edited by shox1989; January 2, 2013, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Forget this post, I was trying to set up a poll.

Well, computer dumb me can't seem to create a poll anymore.

I was going to ask you to vote for

1. Stay in the MVC

2. Leave the MVC for the new "C-7"

3. Leave the MVC for the A-10

4. Leave the MVC for the MWC

And just vote for what you would like best, not considering if it is a long-shot, which they all probably are except #1,
      Last edited by tropicalshox; January 2, 2013, 05:37 PM.
      In the fast lane

Comment

A-10 would be my choice if we were to move
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

MWC

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            A-10 would be my choice if we were to move
            Even if the A10 loses Xavier, Dayton and Butler to the C7? Xavier and Butler are locks to leave as members 8 and 9. A10 could also lose Dayton, SLU or VCU as member 10 and potentially 2 or more of those if they go to 12 or more. Say for of those 5 join the C7, which is very likely, would you still want in the A10?
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

MWC, especially if San Diego St. stays in the MWC. If this happens, I would get to see at least one Shocker game on a regular basis live. Even without that, the MWC is the best option.
              "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Personally, If I had to choose with how things are looking, I'd choose the MWC. Especially if SDSU rejoins. SDSU, USU, UNLV, UNM is a strong group. Wyoming, Boise, CSU and AFA aren't horrid either.

My second choice would be the C7 as it would contain Georgetown, Butler, Xavier, Dayton. It'd probably have Creighton and VCU if we were being added as well. The weak sisters of the C7 are much stronger than the weak sisters of the A10.

Option 3 is bring back football and hope we can find somewhere else eventually. I don't see the MVC getting any stronger than it is right no really. Best case scenario is CU stays, ISU continues to build, Bradley gets it together and the four of us can be the primary strength and you hope that the weaklings can pull enough weight not to hurt the upper half too much. I also think if nobody leaves, the MVC needs to seriously look into going to 12 with smart adds through lots of research.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

My choice is go to the MWC.

Although I would prefer a move east than west, I'm too concerned about the A-10 losing Butler, Xavier and possibly VCU. I'm pretty convinced CU will be leaving in the next few years and nothing good is going to replace them. If the C-7 takes CU, Butler, Xavier and VCU, that would be OK also, but I'm not thrilled with the the orginal 7.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Right now, my 3 favorite things would be:

1. Get an invite to the unnamed C7 conference
                    2. Go to the MWC as a non-football member
                    3. Stay in revamped MVC
                    4. Go to depleted A-10 with Creighton
                    5. Stay in depleted MVC

Let me explain number 3 in more detail. Staying in the MVC may be worthwhile if the C7 conference stays with 10 teams, and the 3 that get picked are Xavier, Butler, and VCU/Gonzaga (Gonzaga if travel permits). Then the MVC would be worthwhile, especially if they could pull Dayton and Saint Louis away from the A-10.
                    Last edited by CBB_Fan; January 2, 2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I have just enough nostalgia that I would rather stay in the mvc but only if there were about 3-4 changes to the mvc.

Something to the effect of cu is still here 2 bottom feeders are gone and some nice additions are made to replace them.

Comment

I sincerely doubt the C7 will invite WSU with the only chance being a travelling partner for Creighton. In fact, I would think the chance of joining the leftover Big East programs would be higher. On the Mountain West forums WSU is coming up in several discussions as a possible "patch" for Hawaii so that is a far greater possibility.

Comment

My choice would be a move to the MWC. My concern there is short-term. Marshall built his coaching staff for recruiting the eastern half of the US. It may take time to shift the recruiting focus.

Comment

Who says we'd have to change? We don't play near where most of our recruits are from as it is so it's not like that's a major issue. And we've already gone into Las Vegas and landed a good one. I wouldn't be too concerned. Especially if we keep winning. That solves a lot of issues.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

My wish would be the C7, because I question how many of those MWC schools will get swallowed up by the Pac-12 and Big 12 when conference expansion resumes. I like what could potentially be in the MWC, but question if it is a long term solution.

However, I think the MWC is a much more likely long shot, and it would be easier to find another quality conference should the expansion hit the MWC hard in the future.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                              X