No announcement yet.

MVC conference games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Valley of Cannibalism is in full force this season. Could there end up being only 2 top 100 teams? What a disaster that would be.....

FYI, beat Evansville.

Steal and 3 by Eitel gets it 5 and SIU will shoot 2 again. Missed & good, 74-68 with :15 left.

Comment

• Ballgame. SIU shooting 2 up 6 with 6 seconds left.

Comment

• 76-71 Final.

Comment

• 76-71 final. SIU wins. Valley loses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
            The league is going to be just like last year. 2 teams separated at the top, a big wad in the middle, and 2-3 teams in the cellar. Status quo.
            Yeah, but who would of thought Illinois State was going to be on of the 2-3 teams in the cellar.

Comment

• Maybe the Salukis aren't as bad as we thought they were...

What a crap conference. Illinois State is an abomination. Indiana State is proving to be a fraud.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I hope Elgin is enjoying his Valley of Even.

Comment

• It's Jekyl and Hyde. There can be an upset in any given game. Comparing scores does no good, as the team you are facing may come with a totally different effort from one game to the next. Consistency. All we can control is our own effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Maybe the Salukis aren't as bad as we thought they were...

What a crap conference. Illinois State is an abomination. Indiana State is proving to be a fraud.

Barry is a good coach whether MSU fans want to admit it or not...perhaps he's not a great coach, but he's a damned good one.

Lansing is a good coach but ISUb doesn't have much depth, options or room for error. It cost them tonight, and it will cost them again down the road. However, I don't believe they will be 0-4 against CU and WSU....just hope that we aren't one of the victims.

ISUr has no excuses. I know there are people that will say they were overrated coming into the year, and while there MAY be a hint of truth to that, which group (outside CU and WSU) would you take, sight unseen? I promise you, it's ISUr. I wouldn't want to be Coach Muller right now....and I damned sure wouldn't want to be Coach Ford coming back to CKA to answer to 3G on Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Yeah, but who would of thought Illinois State was going to be on of the 2-3 teams in the cellar.
                      I was careful to not suggest we knew who would bring up the rear. :)
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                        It's Jekyl and Hyde. There can be an upset in any given game. Comparing scores does no good, as the team you are facing may come with a totally different effort from one game to the next. Consistency. All we can control is our own effort.
                        I also think there teams that are just bad match-ups for other teams. There seems to be more diverse styles than ever before.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• ISU 71
                          SIU 76

Final

Jackson had another nice game for SIU with 29 points and 8 rebounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Barry is a good coach whether MSU fans want to admit it or not...perhaps he's not a great coach, but he's a damned good one.

Lansing is a good coach but ISUb doesn't have much depth, options or room for error. It cost them tonight, and it will cost them again down the road. However, I don't believe they will be 0-4 against CU and WSU....just hope that we aren't one of the victims.

ISUr has no excuses. I know there are people that will say they were overrated coming into the year, and while there MAY be a hint of truth to that, which group (outside CU and WSU) would you take, sight unseen? I promise you, it's ISUr. I wouldn't want to be Coach Muller right now....and I damned sure wouldn't want to be Coach Ford coming back to CKA to answer to 3G on Wednesday.
                            Especially as little as he was being paid there. sWOMO had a bargain and fired him. They will be very hard pressed to find some one better and keep them for any time at all with as little as they pay.

Maybe it is time for them to sell some more cows.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Incredible. There is nothing that can explain the Redbird meltdown at this point. At 0-5 it's going to take a miraculous run to stay out of the Thursday round in St. Louis....everybody that had Illinois State in the play in game, raise your hand.
                              I cannot on Illinois State, but I picked SIU and UNI. Does that count?
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• With the loss at SIU, Indy st drops from #26 to #40 in the warren miller rpi. That is a pretty big hit for a road loss and it was blunted somewhat by Ole Miss beating Missouri tonight.

I hope WSU is paying attention. The Shocks need to take care of business at Ue.

Comment

Working...
                                X