No announcement yet.

MVC conference games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would we be a 1 bid league with us and Creighton on pace to be locks?
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
      I usually dont "hate" anything. But I think I "hate" msu...

seriously, its possible we end up with a one bid conference again....
      What he said. Seriously, looks like we can only afford to lose to cu.

Comment

Our win @ Drake must not have been that good....
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I usually dont "hate" anything. But I think I "hate" msu...

seriously, its possible we end up with a one bid conference again....
          Unless the Bears beat WSU and CU, what they do will have little to no effect on whether the Valley gets multiple bids or not.

Comment

Again, it would take a total collapse by either us or CU for this to be a one bid league. Get a grip people
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This league is all about which team of unathletic hayseeds is hitting their treys tonight? Thats pretty much it. The hayseeds that are, win. The hayseeds that dont, lose.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

It has been a somewhat odd start to the league schedule no doubt. However, it's likely that normalcy returns through an 18 game schedule and what we thought about teams and position pretty much comes through. It's the balance of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  Our win @ Drake must not have been that good....
                  Yes but our win over UNI must be REALLY, REALLY GOOD since UNI beat the Redbirds in Normal.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    It has been a somewhat odd start to the league schedule no doubt. However, it's likely that normalcy returns through an 18 game schedule and what we thought about teams and position pretty much comes through. It's the balance of nature.
                    With a 0-3 start including 2 loses at home, it is doubtful that Ill St is going to finish as high as was expected. Also Miss St is almost 3-0 (their one loss was on the road in OT). I have a feeling that Miss St may not finish in 25th place in the Valley afterall.

Comment

Illinois State will finish in the top 4. Missouri State will be playing on Thursday in St. Louis. As Gregg likes to say, "It's a marathon not a sprint".

Comment

MSU has improved their RPI to 283.

The two teams they have beat have RPI's of 220 and 217.

This just goes to prove that there is parity in college basketball and there's not that much difference between RPI 210 and RPI 310.

Edit: I didn't make the link on the word "college" that goes to an ad. What's up with that? And after I edited th post, the link disappeared.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I predict a season similar to last. WSU and Creighton separating from the rest waiting to see if anyone tags along. There will be a logjam in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            I predict a season similar to last. WSU and Creighton separating from the rest waiting to see if anyone tags along. There will be a logjam in the middle.
                            That appears to be the Valley for many years - if CU stays in the Valley for many years.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Again, it would take a total collapse by either us or CU for this to be a one bid league. Get a grip people
                              Lets say we lose at home to MSU, combine that with a loss @ creighton, a loss @ ILST or INST, and two more valley losses, and we have dropped 3 of our last 6 games, and 5 conference losses. I dont think we get a at large with that...due to losing 3 of the last 6. And that is not unreasonable to lose 3 if we drop the one against MSU. Creighton has a little more leeway because of their schedule at the end and their ranking all season. But yeah...

it could get real ugly.

Comment

Lets say we lose at home to MSU, combine that with a loss @ creighton, a loss @ ILST or INST, and two more valley losses, and we have dropped 3 of our last 6 games, and 5 conference losses. I dont think we get a at large with that...due to losing 3 of the last 6. And that is not unreasonable to lose 3 if we drop the one against MSU. Creighton has a little more leeway because of their schedule at the end and their ranking all season. But yeah...

it could get real ugly.
                                I also wouldnt call a 4 loss conference schedule a total collapse, 5 loss is not a total collapse either and might cost us a bid if we lose to MSU at home

Comment

Working...
                                X