Northern Exposure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
    When KU plays at Intrust over the next 1-2 years with Perry and Connor, I'm guessing it won't be against WSU.

I'm also expecting the weeping and gnashing of teeth on this board to approach epic proportions.
    Also, it will sell out. Quickly. At premium prices.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

They could probably charge $100 a ticket for a Ku-WSU game at INTRUST and between the two fanbases it would easily sell out.

Comment

If WSU stays in the top 40-50 RPI, which I think we will under Marshall, I believe that KU and KSU will schedule WSU. Those games will probably be in Sprint and/or IBA. It would be a shame that a top-10 college basketball arena like Koch wouldn't host the game.

KU has a home and home with San Diego State and Temple. KSU is playing Gonzaga and they've travelled to some dogs too.

Comment

I agree that Self should play WSU...I don't see the longterm negative if they lose. It was mentioned before that Indiana will not suffer due to the loss with Butler, and I agree. But maybe I've just missed it...has Self said ON THE RECORD that he won't play WSU???

Comment

Say What ?

[QUOTE=SubGod22;353380]Get over it. It's going to happen. The thought of win is much less with the Shockers than with the other teams you mentioned. I'm not saying Self is scared of us, but he knows we're capable of beating them on any given day and can't afford to give us that kind of opportunity. And lets admit, being Kansas, they don't have to,and they're not going to play us in leotards. It They refuse to come down from their royal thrones to associate with the Shocker minnions.If they were to accept a game,it would be at gunpoint ,or they would be plastered.

Comment

Speaking of plastered, may I suggest a course in Keyboarding 101 or How To Use a Quote Button for Dummies?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Recruiting. That's all it is.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Recruiting. That's all it is.
                  Butler will not out-recruit Indiana now that they beat them on a neutral court. That is all.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Butler will not out-recruit Indiana now that they beat them on a neutral court. That is all.
                    Just for clarity, you are saying that Butler cannot out-recruit Indiana, or you are saying that just because they beat them on a neutral court nothing has changed? I think it's the latter, in which case I agree. But if it's the former, I think Butler may be in a position to out-recruit Indiana currently. At least they have one helluva story to tell right now.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I kind of get the idea of KU having nothing to gain and everything to lose. (I do not think that applies to KSU)

However, it is freaking KU! One of the 4,5 blue blood basketball programs of all time. They really can't take losing to WSU? That logic is getting thinner and thinner.
                      Last edited by ABC; December 27, 2012, 03:58 PM. Reason: monkey

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        You forgot the other important point Casey.

Why the $&@* is a 330 RPI-rated MSU Bare fan giving two shits about what WSU fans think of THEIR scheduling practices?

Bug off.
                        How many threads do you think he has on playing Missouri over the last 5 years or so?

Comment

I get it. I hate KU, too. I would love nothing more than for my beloved Shockers to beat those conceited, a-hole douche nozzles. It would awesome.

The fact is, that we are in no position to approach them as equals, and as far as tradition and all, highly unlikely that we ever will be. The best we can ever hope to be, is the situation between Louisville and Kentucky. Louisville is freaking great, and guess what, Kentucky is still the king of the roost there, and always will be. We are both Kansas schools... Big whoop. Do we as WSU fans feel any loyalty to KU because we are both KS schools? I don't. Why should they? We are all separate institutions and can run our programs as we see fit, and that includes scheduling.

KU does what they want, they've earned the right to do what they want. Good for them. Our best move is to give them a call every year, ask them if they want to play a game, if there is interest, work to make it happen. If not, say thank you and move on.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            How many threads do you think he has on playing Missouri over the last 5 years or so?

I'm glad you mentioned this. Most Missouri State fans are indifferent to playing MethZoo. We wouldn't lower ourselves by begging them to play us. Someday when our great play merits, they won't be able to say no to us.

I am impressed with the fact that many of your fans have that mindset and have differed from the original poster.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                              Someday when our great play merits, they won't be able to say no to us.
                              wut
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Just for clarity, you are saying that Butler cannot out-recruit Indiana, or you are saying that just because they beat them on a neutral court nothing has changed? I think it's the latter, in which case I agree. But if it's the former, I think Butler may be in a position to out-recruit Indiana currently. At least they have one helluva story to tell right now.
                                The latter. Butler is getting good recruits but I don't think they're getting the quality Indiana is and will be getting. They, as a program, could pass Indiana given their building uptick. However, that one little game in early December is not gonna change the overall recruiting for both programs. A recruit isn't going to magically pick Butler just because they beat em 1 time on a neutral court in Indy. If they pick Butler, it's because they wanted to be at Butler for other reasons, from the onset likely.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X