No announcement yet.

Northern Exposure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only time it's going to happen is in a tournament setting.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wouldn't it be special if the tournament committee not only awarded a regional at Intrust but forced KU to play in it with the evil Shockers.

Comment

Curious...why isn't there a thread about K-State not playing us? An in-state brethren, would be good for the fans, and they're not exactly an RPI killer - what' up with the preoccupation with KU? K-State doesn't schedule us for the exact same reasons KU doesn't, but they should be given a pass?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            Curious...why isn't there a thread about K-State not playing us? An in-state brethren, would be good for the fans, and they're not exactly an RPI killer - what' up with the preoccupation with KU? K-State doesn't schedule us for the exact same reasons KU doesn't, but they should be given a pass?
            They aren't given a pass, rants about them not playing us pop up on Shockernet too. This one just happens to be about Ku.

In all fairness, Kstate has played WSU a lot more in the last 25 years than Ku has, including several trips to the roundhouse. It doesn't excuse them for not playing WSU now, they BOTH should play WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
              Bill Self says he won't play WSU because he has nothing to gain by playing the Shocks. Can somebody tell me what KU gains by playing SEMO, Chattanoga, Richmond or American University?

Can you imagine what Old Town would look like for a weekend if KU would agree to play WSU at 1pm on a Sunday in November? It would be great for fans of both teams but huge for the City of Wichita. Too bad Self won't put his own selfish interests aside and help the community that he likes to cherry pick recruits from. Can you imagine how crazy the environment would be for that game?

How's that for gratitude? Time to "Man-up" Self and help our city.

Note to Lutz and Suellentrop, why don't either of you guys beat this drum?
              I see a handful of issues/problems with this line of thinking:

1. He does have nothing to gain. If you get lucky and beat them on some Saturday afternoon in Novemeber or December it would be inarguably one of the biggest wins in WSU history. T-shirts would be made and Wichita would explode. Conversely if Kansas wins it is a nice win. Ho-hum. Nobody in Lawrence does cartwheels. So Bill Self is effectively speaking the truth. He has very little to gain. Especially compared to what he would be risking.

2. Why would the University of Kansas need to look out for the welfare of Wichita State and Wichita, KS? Is this charity or something? WSU and Kansas are two of 330 some D1 programs. They don't owe your program anything.

3. In the vein of point #2. What is Gregg doing to help the city of Lawrence?

I am sure this game would be exciting and whatnot. For the people of your state but I find it silly that you think that Bill Self owes you something or whatever. That just doesn't compute.

Comment

gee................logic...........

Comment

It's all related to recruiting.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

You forgot the other important point Casey.

Why the $&@* is a 330 RPI-rated MSU Bare fan giving two shits about what WSU fans think of THEIR scheduling practices?

Bug off.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The ChicKUns will schedule us the very second our program takes a big step back. This is the way a ChicKUn does business.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Really my point is, the game would be an absolutely great benefit to the City of Wichita and Old Town. Really, it doesn't matter to me if it's KU or KState, it would be a blast.

I just think that if KU really had the interest of the State at heart, they would play here, at Intrust. They might win a few people over by doing it. I've read more than a few idiotic posts in my opinion in this thread. For example, what has Gregg Marshall done to help the City of Lawrence. Really?

Self gets his paycheck from the State, he ought to be willing to help the State, by virtue of helping the City of Wichita, generate a boost in economic activity where it is needed most right now. But he won't because Self is Selfish. Is it hypocritical to take a huge paycheck from the State but refuse to help generate revenue and interest for the State?

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                          The ChicKUns will schedule us the very second our program takes a big step back. This is the way a ChicKUn does business.

T

...:cool:
                          Bingo! We have a winner.....
                          Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                          Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Its quit simple. Think Mo Evans and Perry Ellis. Whether you believe it or not were in a recruiting war with the ugly buzzards. MU is now finding the same thing out. KU is refusing to schedule them. It funny to hear the MU fans now voicing the same things us Shockers fans have said 4 years. Why risk losing and possibly turn a kid like PE into a Shocker when you dont have to
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                              I see a handful of issues/problems with this line of thinking:

1. He does have nothing to gain. If you get lucky and beat them on some Saturday afternoon in Novemeber or December it would be inarguably one of the biggest wins in WSU history. T-shirts would be made and Wichita would explode. Conversely if Kansas wins it is a nice win. Ho-hum. Nobody in Lawrence does cartwheels. So Bill Self is effectively speaking the truth. He has very little to gain. Especially compared to what he would be risking.

2. Why would the University of Kansas need to look out for the welfare of Wichita State and Wichita, KS? Is this charity or something? WSU and Kansas are two of 330 some D1 programs. They don't owe your program anything.

3. In the vein of point #2. What is Gregg doing to help the city of Lawrence?

I am sure this game would be exciting and whatnot. For the people of your state but I find it silly that you think that Bill Self owes you something or whatever. That just doesn't compute.
                              I disagree that KU doesn't have anything to gain by playing in Wichita. They feel the need to spend advertising money by putting up billboards all over our city trying to lure prospective students to their university. Why not put your best product in front of them to see once every couple of years?
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                                Its quit simple. Think Mo Evans and Perry Ellis. Whether you believe it or not were in a recruiting war with the ugly buzzards. MU is now finding the same thing out. KU is refusing to schedule them. It funny to hear the MU fans now voicing the same things us Shockers fans have said 4 years. Why risk losing and possibly turn a kid like PE into a Shocker when you dont have to
                                I think wins in March are much more important to recruits. I don't think a November game would have much of an impact.
                                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X