Northern Exposure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    Its quit simple. Think Mo Evans and Perry Ellis. Whether you believe it or not were in a recruiting war with the ugly buzzards. MU is now finding the same thing out. KU is refusing to schedule them. It funny to hear the MU fans now voicing the same things us Shockers fans have said 4 years. Why risk losing and possibly turn a kid like PE into a Shocker when you dont have to
    Don't forget Antoine Carr, Greg Dreiling and Aubrey Sherrod. Ku wanted all 3 of them badly (Dreiling did transfer there after WSU got put on probation, but he initially committed to WSU and played his freshman season at WSU).

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      Curious...why isn't there a thread about K-State not playing us? An in-state brethren, would be good for the fans, and they're not exactly an RPI killer - what' up with the preoccupation with KU? K-State doesn't schedule us for the exact same reasons KU doesn't, but they should be given a pass?
      That's one of the easier questions to be posed around here lately: because K-State has made a more recent and bona fide effort to schedule WSU. The Kittens are scared and full of themselves, too -- and we'll see how much Bruce Weber's head swelled during his attempt to move beyond "this level" at Illinois -- but not nearly to the same degree as the almighty Chickenhawks are.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        That's one of the easier questions to be posed around here lately: because K-State has made a more recent and bona fide effort to schedule WSU. The Kittens are scared and full of themselves, too -- and we'll see how much Bruce Weber's head swelled during his attempt to move beyond "this level" at Illinois -- but not nearly to the same degree as the almighty Chickenhawks are.
        This subject gets tiresome. Like clockwork, every freakin' year during basketball season, some Shocker fan decides to create a 'woe is me KU and KSU aren't playing fair' thread. The Admins might as well create a 'sticky' thread regarding the subject since it keeps coming back like a cockroach.

For the umpteenth time, THEY ARE NOT SCHEDULING US................EVER! The faster you guys accept this fact, the faster some of you can quit your pity party about the subject and move on. Questioning and bitching about why they refuse to play us is futile. It just perpetuates the 'little brother' perception. Some of you want to get rid of the Mid-Major moniker, well then part of that starts with eliminating the sour grapes attitude.

Comment

For being tired of this subject, you have now posted 3 times in this thread KC. That's more than what you've done in a lot of WSU game threads combined this year.

For the record, I don't really care one way or the other about either school. We really don't need them. But for the state of Kansas, it would be nice to see all 3 of them play. And don't EVER say NEVER. Because Lord knows your WSU predictions or absolutes have never come back to bite you in the ass..... or...... :blue:
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Whenever I read KC Shox saying NEVER then I get optimistic something might happen!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              For being tired of this subject, you have now posted 3 times in this thread KC. That's more than what you've done in a lot of WSU game threads combined this year.

For the record, I don't really care one way or the other about either school. We really don't need them. But for the state of Kansas, it would be nice to see all 3 of them play. And don't EVER say NEVER. Because Lord knows your WSU predictions or absolutes have never come back to bite you in the ass..... or...... :blue:
              We're talkin' about predictions now? BFD. If I had the gift of foresight, then you'd start seeing scholarship funds and arena and stadium improvements made in my name. I digress and will stay on point. You're right, I've made comments on this thread but this topic gets me fired up like very few do. I can't stand the self loathing from some when it comes to this subject. Lastly, you're right, I shouldn't deal in absolutes when it comes to playing KU or KSU. Let me retract my comment by saying that we will eventually play KU or KSU, when by chance we get matched up in the NCAA tourney or some pre-season tournament.

Comment

I just love any reason to re-tell the story that Turgeon himself told on his radio show about Self agreeing to play if he set it all up with ESPN, so Turgeon did just that and Self still stiffed him, Mr. Jayhawk-lover. You could feel the resentment, frustration and near-embarrassment in Turgeon's voice as he finished the story. All his life he was told he couldn't do this or that, and when he did it, he got his due or whatever reward he was after. This time it was different. He did what he was challenged to do in order to secure the game but got shut down anyway. That was the first time I felt that Turgeon "got it" and probably hastened his exit. Of course, then he lost Tad Boyle and then lost his team so he had to get out...in true Larry Brown style.

I truly think he was both mad and embarrassed that the program he loved sooo much would do him so dirty.

Comment

KC, I didn't start this topic due to pity? You have no idea what you are talking about. I only wanted to point out the falsehood. The game would be a huge event and would help the city at a time when it could really use a little help, yet it doesn't happen.

I think it's weak that KU won't play us, I openly admit. But I think it's chickenshit that they have to lie about the reason they won't. It's not because they have nothing to gain by playing us as they openly suggest. Why doesn't Self just be honest and say that they are afraid of losing because of how it might affect their ability to recruit this area? I have no respect for a liar.

Just like some people on this board should just come out and say they love KU rather than pretend that they are Shocker fans first when they aren't. Just admit it and quit trying to lie about it.

Comment

The fact is, a KU WSU game at intrust would sell out, no matter the ticket price.
                    Also worth noting is that godKUgod is the flagship institution and we would do well not to push them.
                    In addition, KU has no reason to schedule anyone that might gain an advantage by beating them, so they make sure they don't. There is no way on Gods green earth that WSU could ever beat them so we need to just scurry off and play with our little MVC friends. There is no way any of them could beat godKUgod either.
                    WSU simply does not have the level of talent to compete with a real basketball team. I mean look, do we really expect to win? James Freaking Naismith was their first basketball coach. It's not like WSU sent three players and a coach to the most controversial Olympics ever and come out with a Gold. Haha, nooooo, little ones. We just need to sit in our high chair and play with our Cheerios and etrade apps.
                    How would we even compete? They have the cream of the crop. They have been ranked for how many years? Besides, we just whine and ***** only when we thin WSU is good. We aren't good. We don't have any players. The last time we sent a player to the NBA, we had to ship him to Texas first. Lets just face it guys. We are the little brother with wiener envy.

Chaps my ass.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Who was it that said, "when you think you are good, you'll tell everyone. When you are really good, others will tell you."

There is zero talk of a KU matchup fron anyone outside WSU. When it is truly time, there will be pressure by folks outside our program.

We need to just shut up and go about our business and worry about who we do play. We arent turning any heads, or ourselves any favor by bitchin for a game when we cant win in St Louis or the NCAAs. Whether its veiled under the guise of benefitting the state, or whatever. Its bitchin for a game.

By your logic, KU could play Duke at Intrust, and we all should be happy. Or am I wrong?
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        Who was it that said, "when you think you are good, you'll tell everyone. When you are really good, others will tell you."

There is zero talk of a KU matchup fron anyone outside WSU. When it is truly time, there will be pressure by folks outside our program.

We need to just shut up and go about our business and worry about who we do play. We arent turning any heads, or ourselves any favor by bitchin for a game when we cant win in St Louis or the NCAAs. Whether its veiled under the guise of benefitting the state, or whatever. Its bitchin for a game.

By your logic, KU could play Duke at Intrust, and we all should be happy. Or am I wrong?
                        Yeah that's wrong, because of local interest. Locally, WSU and KU are kings and everyone is complaining that Intrust isn't making money. Seems logical to me, but I know that logic isn't the most welcome line of thinking.
                        What are sports to fans but bragging rights among friends? That game would be the talk of the town for months! Talk of the eastern half of the state for years! It would be huge!
                        Personally, I want to be able to shove it in some faces.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I think KU/Duke would sell out intrust.

Comment

When KU plays at Intrust over the next 1-2 years with Perry and Connor, I'm guessing it won't be against WSU.

I'm also expecting the weeping and gnashing of teeth on this board to approach epic proportions.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Yep and yep.

Comment

And it will look better if we are coming off multiple NCAA berths with wins, and top 25 rankings when the gnashing and whining commences.....
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X