No announcement yet.

Southern Miss game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't think about the promoter issue. Or non issue next year.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Zach Bush‏@JustMe_Z_235

Man Intrust bank arena was hyped last night! Wish we played there more!
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
        Zach Bush‏@JustMe_Z_235

Man Intrust bank arena was hyped last night! Wish we played there more!
        That says a lot about the amount of grumpy old fogies on their hands, corporate no-shows, and tweener fans that make up Koch Arena. Kinda sad really if you think about it when players are preferring IBA over Koch. Makes sense given the piss poor atmosphere and practical pleading by the head coach at Koch so far.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• My two cents:
          1. I bought eight of the cheap seats, gave six away, and moved down to empties in the lower bowl, so I could yell at their coach more;
          2. Marshall coached his ass off, plain and simple. Adjustments on the fly, offense and defense subbing, inciting the crowd;
          3. Wiggins gets it a little more each day, and just wow.
          4. EO and Cotton still don't have two good legs, so we are really down to six healthy players.
          5. The war chant needs to catch on and quickly. Imagine 10,000 screaming that thing? I will do what I can to see if we can get the words up on the scoreboard and I suggest everyone else do the same.
          6. Anybody that could've went to that game that lives here and didn't blows chunks.
          7. The effort the players and the coaching staff give could be a life lesson for many of us 12 games into the season.

Comment

• You can compare the atmospheres of Koch and IBA all you want, but when was the last time we had a substantial comeback in Koch? How crazy was it? Probably much crazier than it was last night...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              That says a lot about the amount of grumpy old fogies on their hands, corporate no-shows, and tweener fans that make up Koch Arena. Kinda sad really if you think about it when players are preferring IBA over Koch. Makes sense given the piss poor atmosphere and practical pleading by the head coach at Koch so far.
              It also says a lot about the quality of opponent, fan expectation, and circumstances of the game whether at Koch or IBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                My two cents:
                1. I bought eight of the cheap seats, gave six away, and moved down to empties in the lower bowl, so I could yell at their coach more;
                2. Marshall coached his ass off, plain and simple. Adjustments on the fly, offense and defense subbing, inciting the crowd;
                3. Wiggins gets it a little more each day, and just wow.
                4. EO and Cotton still don't have two good legs, so we are really down to six healthy players.
                5. The war chant needs to catch on and quickly. Imagine 10,000 screaming that thing? I will do what I can to see if we can get the words up on the scoreboard and I suggest everyone else do the same.
                6. Anybody that could've went to that game that lives here and didn't blows chunks.
                7. The effort the players and the coaching staff give could be a life lesson for many of us 12 games into the season.
                I would have helped with the war chant but I don't know the words.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  You can compare the atmospheres of Koch and IBA all you want, but when was the last time we had a substantial comeback in Koch? How crazy was it? Probably much crazier than it was last night...
                  The comparisons need to be with NIT games. That is when you have a similar kind of crowd (no corporate zombies). Something like the Florida State game (the last NIT games at Koch were blowouts but they still had great atmospheres).

Let's face it. It is the NIT crowds that got us listed in the top 10. The regular season crowds just aren't nearly as good because the corporate zombies fill most of the rows closest to the action.

Comment

• -Put some boxes in at the top, move the corporate people there. Not quite sure if it could be done but they really need to figure out if they can do this somehow.

-Reduce student tickets to 500 and sell the rest as season ticket with no SASO requirement. There are never more than enough students to go half way up. I know the tickets not taken by students sell GA but if you offered those as season tickets with no SASO at the start of the season I promise they would sale out quick and would always be full.

Oh and just for me please somebody replace that 90's looking (oddly I think its from the early 00's) shocker maniacs canvas covering the tunnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      It also says a lot about the quality of opponent, fan expectation, and circumstances of the game whether at Koch or IBA.
                      So now you're suggesting Southern Miss was a name opponent? Which is it, flippy?

By the way, I wasn't the one that made the tweet. A WSU player did.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                        -Reduce student tickets to 500 and sell the rest as season ticket with no SASO requirement. There are never more than enough students to go half way up. I know the tickets not taken by students sell GA but if you offered those as season tickets with no SASO at the start of the season I promise they would sale out quick and would always be full.
                        Are you serious???????

How about if we give the students the PRIME seating and put the "corporate zombies" behind the basket? The university is about the students and not the financial backers.

IIRC, a substantial committment was made from student fees to support the Koch rehabilitation. The student body needs to be more involved, not less.

--'85.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

-Put some boxes in at the top, move the corporate people there. Not quite sure if it could be done but they really need to figure out if they can do this somehow.

Oh and just for me please somebody replace that 90's looking (oddly I think its from the early 00's) shocker maniacs canvas covering the tunnel.
                          I think I really like this.

Comment

-Put some boxes in at the top, move the corporate people there. Not quite sure if it could be done but they really need to figure out if they can do this somehow.

Agreed with your first and third points.

Your second point is not a good one. It's a student section. It needs to be filled with students, not 40 year olds. It's the image of our university. Instead, a better effort should be made by WSU to get the students out there. ORGANIZE better. Some people in the student section need to orchestrate something. That's the difference in turning a lame student section to a really good one. I dunno why nobody wants to step up. You'd figure the students would want to show a little pride with their section to the point of it getting some good recognition. Right now, it's just a disorganized mess.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• It's not filled with students, it's empty

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                                I would have helped with the war chant but I don't know the words.
                                The university, nor students don't seem to give a **** about it. It's too bad, because it's a cool chant.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X