No announcement yet.

Southern Miss game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500, 750, 1000....whatever it needs to be reduced from current level. The students make it up to the band and thats about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
      It's not filled with students, it's empty
      It'll fill up better during Valley games.

If it's empty, the solution needs to be to get more students there, NOT to fill it with 45 year olds.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
        It's not filled with students, it's empty
        That's what I was thinking. It would be different if it was full, but it never is. Maybe even just doing that with the last few rows would be something. What do I know

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          It'll fill up better during Valley games.

If it's empty, the solution needs to be to get more students there, NOT to fill it with 45 year olds.
          You argue as though I'm trying to take away student section. Not true, I'm looking at what they use and what they don't. Let them keep what they use and fill the rest. After one season if they always claim the allotted 500 or 750 or whatever the number needs to be then raise by another 250 the next. Continue adjusting on a season by season basis.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that some of the student section is 45 years old........hey oh!

Also who knows maybe the people who would buy the season tickets would only show up to certain games and it wouldn't help anymore than just selling them as individual GA 48 hours before, who knows.

Comment

• The students don't use their free seats. If they would fill up that section, maybe the place would be louder.

Comment

• Those seats are a available to the public if the students do not take their allotment.

I tend to beleive that a few things need to change for the student section to get better:

1) the people who are in their thirties and forties need to step back twenty rows. Your time has came and went. Move on.

2) the student fee structure needs to move back to the pay to play from the pre-Koch days. The YMCA will tell you that members are always more enthusiastic if they have To pay a minimal amount. Ten years ago you didn't pay much, but it was a "commitment" and I think it helped get students into the routine of going.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                2) the student fee structure needs to move back to the pay to play from the pre-Koch days. The YMCA will tell you that members are always more enthusiastic if they have To pay a minimal amount. Ten years ago you didn't pay much, but it was a "commitment" and I think it helped get students into the routine of going.
                Didn't we pay $50 for a student season ticket and something like $150 for a student guest in the late 70's/early 80's??

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• -Reduce student tickets to 500 and sell the rest as season ticket with no SASO requirement. There are never more than enough students to go half way up. I know the tickets not taken by students sell GA but if you offered those as season tickets with no SASO at the start of the season I promise they would sale out quick and would always be full.

Are you serious???????

How about if we give the students the PRIME seating and put the "corporate zombies" behind the basket? The university is about the students and not the financial backers.

IIRC, a substantial committment was made from student fees to support the Koch rehabilitation. The student body needs to be more involved, not less.

--'85.
                  Yes, put the check writers in the end zone and see how that works out for you.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

So now you're suggesting Southern Miss was a name opponent? Which is it, flippy?

By the way, I wasn't the one that made the tweet. A WSU player did.
                    Name opponent, NO. Quality opponent, YES. A hard core fan should know the difference. No "flippy" here. I've said all along that to get a large crowd at IBA, it will take a "name opponent". You and I know that USM is a quality, non-con opponent, better than any we've seen at Koch this year. For us to beat such an opponent short-handed would take a unique effort, one appreciated by all fans. That is what happened. Probably the most exciting game a walk-on freshman has seen in front of the hometown fans so far.

Comment

The university, nor students don't seem to give a **** about it. It's too bad, because it's a cool chant.
                      Well, Fever, I'm calling HCGM Thursday and I suggest all of us Netters do the same. I think Coach has a little pull when it comes to firing up the crowd. I am going to push this until someone tells me it can't be done. Oh and I've spent 23 years in the military and the chant doesn't offend me one damn bit.

.....that is if Ron and Dennis don't suck all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Well, Fever, I'm calling HCGM Thursday and I suggest all of us Netters do the same. I think Coach has a little pull when it comes to firing up the crowd. I am going to push this until someone tells me it can't be done. Oh and I've spent 23 years in the military and the chant doesn't offend me one damn bit.

.....that is if Ron and Dennis don't suck all the time.
                        Great idea, lax. Marshall has dropped the "war" usage multiple times. It's embedded in our history with MTXE, with X, Carr, etc. It's not meant in the literal sense but in a basketball sense, for sure.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• seriously tho there needs to be some organization in the student section. Someone should just make a sheet to give everyone that says what to say in a chant and when to say it. Its not really that hard.
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Marshall about ready to list the reasons why the IBA game is important on Sports Sunday..
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Is there a link or podcast?

Maybe that's on TV?
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Marshall sounds like William Shatner in that Hanukkah, Christmas, shockernation postgame speech.

Oh and "nick wiggins parachuted down from the upper deck to get that rebound and dunk" is my favorite line of the speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X