Marshall not a Mover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall not a Mover!

So the guy that spent nine seasons in Rock Hill and turned down many other offers is suddenly going to only give this job one season? I don't see it. This guy does not jump jobs like this. And how much of a step up in pay would this be? The timing of this works in our favor as well...had this been one year ago, Marshall probably would have never landed in Wichita. I will say, I can't wait for Monday!!!!! Randy S. should have an interesting take or two on this as well during Shocker Soundoff Saturday morning...early show - 11A-1P and in studio this time. We will probably break format and take some calls Saturday, so feel free to chime in. And if there is a press conference Monday, we will carry it live for you. Here we go again! This will be the third straight year that we've been through this...remember the "I'm Staying" after-the-season celebration? Then Turgeon leaves...now this! Makes doing sports talk fun, that's for sure!

sure thing Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris for all the kind words. You are doing a good job, you and Randy are best local sport radio duo, especially over Bruce and Bob UGG i cant stand sports daily
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Thanks for all you do Chris. I hope Shocker Soundoff is here to stay. I particularly like hearing Gene's comments and appreciate that you take the time to involve him.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

If Chris is wrong, he gets banned.

Better collect those KGSO magazines with Marshall on the cover.

Comment

Yeah, Chris thanks for all that you guys do. Keep it up.

Comment

Re: Marshall not a Mover!

Originally posted by SportsRadio 1410 KGSO
              So the guy that spent nine seasons in Rock Hill and turned down many other offers is suddenly going to only give this job one season? I don't see it. This guy does not jump jobs like this. And how much of a step up in pay would this be?
              I believe the present coach at SC is making less than Marshall right now at WSU.

Comment

750k vs. 700k.

Dave Odom was the one who brought Tim Duncan in from Virgin Islands and help made him a star in college and the pros. I would think Dave could've gotten paid a bit more

Comment

I read one SC fan comment that if the next b-ball coach gets a substantial raise, they'll have to give Spurrier a raise. Take it for what it's worth.

But I don't think money is or will be an issue.

Comment

Chris, you are a worker. People can say whatever they want about you, but no one can call you lazy. Your show is great with Randy. Anyway I can get the show in the Great Northwest?
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                      Chris, you are a worker. People can say whatever they want about you, but no one can call you lazy. Your show is great with Randy. Anyway I can get the show in the Great Northwest?

I listen everyday on my phone over the net from KC!!

Love it!!!

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                        Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla

I listen everyday on my phone over the net from KC!!

Love it!!!

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
                        Nice tip, Joco!
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

This is a excerpt from Dave Odom's resignation speech on USC's home court:

"When I got to that arena, on those different nights, and I didn't feel that the arena was excited to see our team play, more than that, I didn't feel that the arena was excited to help our team play. Our team can play the way it played in Arkansas and in Vanderbilt, in the Colonial Center. But to do that, we have got to have our fans. We have to have our students. We have to have everybody pulling for our guys and not against me."

WSU fans are better and we have a better tradition. Fogler never got them past the first round of the NCAA Tournament. What's more, in time, Gregg can do better. Turg played his cards to a Top 25 program and passed on the BCS bottom feeders. Home may be where the heart is, but just as Gene proved sometimes going home isn't the best thing to do.
                          Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Right on bro! :posterwu: :( :(
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Smithson....sometimes should just keep his mouth shut
                              1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Working...
                              X