Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234
    Originally posted by kcshocker11
    Dont see why everone thinks hes going! :posterwsu: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    because alot shocker fans are really insecure
    If this was any other program other than South Carolina I would agree with you. No way GM would leave. But if there was one opportunity that would entice GM to ponder the thought of leaving this is the one. (Except of course, Duke, UNC, KU etc).

Unlike you, I do believe GM has given this job some thought and what it would mean to bring his family back home to be with the rest of them. On the other hand, GM is still young and has plenty of time to stick around here and transform our program into a winner again. Once he does that and if another opportunity arises on the SE coast we'll experience all over again a coaching transistion and what it is to be a BCS stepping stone destination.

Comment

A reminder that the whole stepping stone thing is hardly the sole province of "mid-majors."

Ask KU, West Virginia, Kansas State, Texas A&M, Pitt, OU, Illinois, Notre Dame, Stanford, Providence, Seton Hall, Utah, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Mississippi, Iowa State etc. I am sure there are many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
        ^What's your reasoning he's not going to go?
        Because right now, he is the coach at WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY! That is the current REALITY and speculating and worrying and wondering is, to be quite honest, not good for anybody. I choose to wait until I hear anything from him regarding the situation before I worry about it. Besides, what can we do about any of it? If he goes he goes, if he stays he stays.

Comment

I didn't say we could change his mind at all. What? we can't wonder or ponder about the manner?

Comment

Some people are correct, you are not going to get a clear answer come Monday. You are going to hear I am focused on the remainder of the year, and concentrating on getting this team to improve its play. Something to that effect.

GM will acknowledge the situation but won't elude or give hints of considering the job. We might as well relegate ourselves to the wait-and-see bench until the season is over.

Comment

You may be right, but don't you think that would kill recruiting? He might as well say he is leaving.

Comment

I know I said I wouldn't do it (post on this subject), but I couldn't help myself...

I think he'll be definitive in his announcement, otherwise what's the point in making one? If he's doing it to quell our fears, he's not going to get that done with some sort of vague statement.

You have to look at his motivation for making an announcement. He could ignore all of the rumors all together, or talk about it in a sound bite from one of the post/pre game interviews.

It seems to me that he's doing this to say something definitive. I sincerely think it's that he's NOT leaving and has no plans to do so. He's definately not hired at SC yet (or at least that's highly unlikely) , so this 'formal' announcement in my mind can only be one thing--he's a Shocker and plans to stay a Shocker.

We'll find out Monday for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                  I didn't say we could change his mind at all. What? we can't wonder or ponder about the manner?
                  You can do whatever you want. I just say I'm not going to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                    Some people are correct, you are not going to get a clear answer come Monday. You are going to hear I am focused on the remainder of the year, and concentrating on getting this team to improve its play. Something to that effect.

GM will acknowledge the situation but won't elude or give hints of considering the job. We might as well relegate ourselves to the wait-and-see bench until the season is over.
                    That's laughable!

With your scenario, we are done recruiting for the year... no recruit or family would let Marshall in their front door... especially if he was recruiting for WSU. According to Bruce on today's telecast, last night our entire staff was out recruiting in the St. Louis area... I suppose they were recruiting for SC?

The logic level of this board has plummeted greatly the past couple of days.
                    :roll:

KC, I have a serious question for you... what is your profession? The answer might shed some light into your physcie.
                    SFL is back!

Comment

Oh, a lot of things could be 'right' for Marshall and USC:

1) Home state
                      2) Family there
                      3) Dream job
                      4) Not so good season here.
                      5) His resume is right.

What is not right:
                      1) Other very qualified candidates, some much easier to negotiate for salary and benefits.
                      2) Other candidates doing better this season, some are in rebuilding also.
                      3) Tougher league play leaves 'gray areas'.

Questionable:
                      1) Recruiting ability for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

That's laughable!

With your scenario, we are done recruiting for the year... no recruit or family would let Marshall in their front door... especially if he was recruiting for WSU. According to Bruce on today's telecast, last night our entire staff was out recruiting in the St. Louis area... I suppose they were recruiting for SC?

The logic level of this board has plummeted greatly the past couple of days.
                        :roll:

KC, I have a serious question for you... what is your profession? The answer might shed some light into your physcie.
                        WTF are you talking about? My comment isn't some sort of military coded encryption that I'm asking you to decipher. Listen, I'm expecting GM to act as 'business as usual' come Monday. Which I've mentioned above, stating he is concentrating on the here-and-now and, making the team better etc.

Where did I mention that GM has secretly been hired by SC which in turn cause him to half-ass his remaining tenure with the Shox? I expect GM to continue to run this program, teach skills, recruit players, watch film and coach on gamedays. I realize that SC isn't going to make a job offer tomorrow, SC is currently conducting research on potential candidates. I anticipate this taking the remainder of the season for them.

Then, once the season has ended, SC will then begin to offer the candidates interviews. A lot can happen between tomorrow and the end of the season, you nor I are positive what the outcome will be when that happens. Who knows, GM can say he is not interested in the job tomorrow, but 3 months from now change his mind. You don't think that is possible?

Therefore, we are in the wait-and-see mode. I will not be totally comfortable with this situation until I read about SC having hired their new coach. All you have to do is refer to the Dana Altman's and Billy Donovan's of the world to see a situation turn on a dime in an instant.

Comment

Who knows, GM can say he is not interested in the job tomorrow, but 3 months from now change his mind. You don't think that is possible?
                          If I hear/read a definitive statement by Gregg Marshall, I will take him for his word and expect him carry through on whatever he promises.

If it is non-definitive then your right it will be a wait and see what happens and this won't be put to rest until S.C. hires a coach.

I think he has to make a decision, does he want to roll the dice and try and be a candidate with the risk that it will hurt him at WSU if he's not hired.

Or does he decide the time is not right and that his loyalty is to Jim S. and WSU and he's here to build this program?

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

There is no way he says he's interested. That would kill him around here if he's not hired. He'd have recruits de-committing left and right and fans calling for his head. It would possibly be the worst coaching move in history if he says anything other than "I'm not interested in the SC job."
                            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                            X