No announcement yet.

CBE Classic Kansas City - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas should be much better next year shouldn't they? DePaul sucks.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Texas should be much better next year shouldn't they? DePaul sucks.
      barring turnover yes!

Explore the 2023-24 Texas Longhorns NCAAM roster on ESPN. Includes full details on point guards, shooting guards, power forwards, small forwards and centers.

super young

Comment

ATLANTA -- Wichita State is going from surprising Final Four contender to tournament headliner.

The Shockers will participate in the CBE Classic in November at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo., as part of the College Basketball Hall of Fame induction festivities. They'll be joined by Texas, BYU and DePaul in the tournament championship rounds.

We're the STAR!!
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Hopefully playing Texas wont hurt our RPI
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Interesting. What does being the "Headliner" even mean other than a nice article on ESPN about six month old news?
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              Interesting. What does being the "Headliner" even mean other than a nice article on ESPN about six month old news?
              It means that every time the media has promos on this event next year, we are the team they are going to be talking about, not just a team that is essentially a "also participating" footnote.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                It means that nobody in KC gives a damn about DePaul and BYU so come out and see the Shox lay a can of whoopass on Texas (to appeal to KU and KSU fans I guess)...

Comment

Texas will be top 50 (more likely top 25) if Kabongo comes back, book it. He returned with 9 games left on UT's Big XII regular season slate and the Horns went 6-3 in those games. They are young, talented and return everyone (literally).

You can also bet that we will be matched up with DePaul in the semis unless a hissy fit from our coaching staff influences the bracket. We will be the #1 seed, Texas/BYU will be the 2 and 3, and DePaul will be the 4. The sucktitude of this field is why the staff is still seeking marquee opponents for next year's schedule.

We will get 2 horrible RPI killers at home, another RPI killer (DePaul) in the semis, followed by one good opponent (Texas/BYU) in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                    Texas will be top 50 (more likely top 25) if Kabongo comes back, book it. He returned with 9 games left on UT's Big XII regular season slate and the Horns went 6-3 in those games. They are young, talented and return everyone (literally).

You can also bet that we will be matched up with DePaul in the semis unless a hissy fit from our coaching staff influences the bracket. We will be the #1 seed, Texas/BYU will be the 2 and 3, and DePaul will be the 4. The sucktitude of this field is why the staff is still seeking marquee opponents for next year's schedule.

We will get 2 horrible RPI killers at home, another RPI killer (DePaul) in the semis, followed by one good opponent (Texas/BYU) in the finals.
                    Maybe only 1 horrible RPI killer at home! Last time Arkansas-Monticello didn't hurt our RPI!

Comment

One of Texas' stars, Sheldon McClellan has asked for his transfer (it's still pending). If he is granted his release and Kabongo enters the draft, then Texas may again suffer another disappointing season. Regardless, I'll take a win over Texas any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                        One of Texas' stars, Sheldon McClellan has asked for his transfer (it's still pending). If he is granted his release and Kabongo enters the draft, then Texas may again suffer another disappointing season. Regardless, I'll take a win over Texas any day of the week.
                        Any chance to play and beat a BCS team is a good thing... Can't wait to see next years team with FVV, Tekele, Ron Baker, Evan Wessell, CLE, Nick, Chadrack, Jake White, Shaq Morris, Kadeem Coleby, DeRail Green, Rian Holland and DJ Bowles in the Sprint Center... Can't wait...

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          Any chance to play and beat a BCS team is a good thing... Can't wait to see next years team with FVV, Tekele, Ron Baker, Evan Wessell, CLE, Nick, Chadrack, Jake White, Shaq Morris, Kadeem Coleby, DeRail Green, Rian Holland, Andrew Wiggins and DJ Bowles in the Sprint Center... Can't wait...
                          Fixed.

#Believe

Comment

I checked up on BYU, their top 7 seven scorers are made up of 4 sophomores and 3 seniors. Their best player or at least, second best player Brandon Davies is a Senior, but they'll be bringing back Tyler Hawes who averages 21 PPG.

A BYU sophomore is actually a senior right (when factoring their missionary commitments correct?).

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              A BYU sophomore is actually a senior right (when factoring their missionary commitments correct?).
                              Age-wise, yes (assuming they did their mission before college- many do not). Eligibility-wise, no.

Comment

Just went online and bought my tickets for both days at the CBE Classic. Seat are great. The first night the tickets in the lower bowl are $20 and the second night they are $40. Off course there's all the fees and taxes that go with it, but I thought that was very reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                                X