No announcement yet.

CBE Classic Kansas City - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I get to hang out with Eddie Sutton again! That guy can put down a few.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Texas is extremely young. The roster is all freshmen and sophmores with 2 seniors who barely see the court. They could be a handful next year as their freshman class has 5 players rated from 90 to 97 including 4 top 100.
      That's the story every year at Texas, and every year they disappoint.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Texas is really missing their star player right now (Kabongo I believe). He is either hurt or suspended and hasn't played yet this year. If they had him, they probably would be at least a one loss team right now. They will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
          I know who the designated driver was the last time we went to kc. Who was the DD with eddie?

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
            OTR, the news of the field just broke--why wouldn't people want to talk about it?
            Oh ,,, I dunno maybe because it's a whole yr away. and between now and then any of a number of things could happen. The teams can have heartbreak or heroic seasons this yr. Maybe they will gain significantly over the next summer ,,, maybe they will have coaching changes, transfers, in and out of the programs who knows?

Not too mention that we (WSU) are the last undefeted MoValley team this yr and we have a significant road game in less than 4 days. Seems to me there is plenty of reason this isn't high on my radar as a subject of conversation right now,, (but that's just me I guess)
            From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

If you're not interested, it is certainly not against the law to ignore it. I don't understand why so many people on this board want to tell everybody else what they should be interested in. I probably open 10% or less of the threads because I only open the ones I think will be interesting to me and if I find I'm not interested, I can certainly move on without telling you what you should read. We all have our varied interests.

Comment

If you can't handle more than one topic at a time, you must be awful at dinner parties....

Comment

There's a reason why in the rule forum that endless, off topic thread starting is frowned upon. This particular thread definitely doesn't fall under that category. However, the poster before me definitely likes starting random threads that could otherwise just be regular posts in other threads but somehow thinks every thought that comes to their head needs to be a separate thread, thus making it hard to navigate through the forum. Those are the types of threads that nobody likes to see the place littered with for no other reason than the thread starter likes to feel self important.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Dont forget that BYU might be sporting the #2 recruit in the country next yeat in Jabari Parker.

Comment

Great match-up! Jabari Parker versus Andrew Wiggins!!!

So, I don't actually believe we will land Andrew, but I'm going to keep writing it until I do!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post

Said the OSU Campus Police Chief . . .

crime-stoppers.jpg

Last edited by Rixtoy1; November 30, 2012, 08:45 AM.
                        If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

ESPN must be looking for anything Wichita State related right now.

Currently on the front of the Men's College Basketball page is this:

Wichita St. to headline CBE Classic

ATLANTA -- Wichita State is going from surprising Final Four contender to tournament headliner.

The Shockers will participate in the CBE Classic in November at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo., as part of the College Basketball Hall of Fame induction festivities. They'll be joined by Texas, BYU and DePaul in the tournament championship rounds.

The semifinals will be held Nov. 25 with the third-place and title games the following night.

The Shockers will be playing Louisville on Saturday night in their first Final Four since 1965. BYU went 24-12 and reached the NIT semifinals this season, while the Longhorns (16-18) and Blue Demons (11-21) will be trying to rebound from subpar years.

Kansas beat fellow NCAA tournament participant Saint Louis to win last year's CBE Classic.
                          Yes, this is old news. But note the title of the article now. In a field that includes Texas, Wichita State is now the tournament "headliner."

That's what a Final Four run does for you.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            ESPN must be looking for anything Wichita State related right now.

Currently on the front of the Men's College Basketball page is this:

Yes, this is old news. But note the title of the article now. In a field that includes Texas, Wichita State is now the tournament "headliner."

That's what a Final Four run does for you.
                            That wouldn't have happened last time. I really like all the pub that the program is getting now.

Comment

I cant wait to go to this.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The question is.... do we get matched with Texas on Monday and a chance to play Iowa on Tuesday? Depaul and Texas may be the weakest in that field.

Comment

Working...
                                X