CBE Classic Kansas City - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBE Classic Kansas City - 2013

"Texas, DePaul and BYU will join Wichita State in Kansas City’s Sprint Center next November for the CBE Classic, according to several sources. Dates for the 2013 CBE are Nov. 25-26.

Texas was also in the field in 2009, WSU’s last appearance in the tournament, although they did not play each other. The Shockers defeated DePaul in last week’s Cancun Challenge."
    Source: http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/28/258...rt-nov-28.html

This is sure a lot better than the Cancun Challenge. Now let's hope the pre KC teams are not too bad.

P.S. I will probably get in trouble for starting this new thread as it is not about our next opponent "Air Force" on Sunday afternoon. Heck it's not even about any games this year or this season. It's about games a whole year from now!!!

Turd sandwich. Texas just lost to Chaminade. DePaul is a perennial RPI drag. BYU is not a name win.

Comment

Texas will be fine. Hopefully DePaul will be better. BYU should be solid. It's not great, but it's probably better than what we had with Cancun. I hope we get to play Texas.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Disagree on the 'turd sandwich' thought...both Texas and BYU have very recent NCAA cred, and while down THIS year, don't stay down long. Better field than KU saw this year.

AND...REAPER,SHAME ON YOU FOR LOOKING AHEAD!!! TUNNEL VISION!!!:)

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Hopefully DePaul will be better.
          There are like 30 people who have been saying this for the last 20 years. Hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            There are like 30 people who have been saying this for the last 20 years. Hasn't happened yet.
            Not since Mark Aguirre in the early 80s.

Yes, I know that I am exaggerating a touch, but not too much.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm good with Texas and BYU. DePaul is a little disappointing. Even though the Big East is quickly turning into Conference USA I would still rather have Cincinnati, Marquette, Georgetown, UConn, St. John's, Villanova, Seton Hall or South Florida over DePaul. Oh well, hopefully we get BYU first then Texas in the finals.

Comment

Texas is extremely young. The roster is all freshmen and sophmores with 2 seniors who barely see the court. They could be a handful next year as their freshman class has 5 players rated from 90 to 97 including 4 top 100.

Comment

Just looking forward to hangin in the P&L with some Shocker fans, hopefully.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Oh God, not DePaul again. Like a bad penny.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Cart ,,,,,, meet Horse ,,, Let's just focus on this season first
                      From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

OTR, the news of the field just broke--why wouldn't people want to talk about it?
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I think the reason the field seems so meh is because we've elevated ourselves above those programs. We look to be the premier team in a pretty high-end early season tournament. But really... DePaul again??

Reaper, that was a swing and a miss at your last point. This is relevant newsworthy stuff. Comparing this to the Creighton game on the 19th is not even close to one in the same. Get a handle on things.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I like this field- it's a tournament we can win where 2 of the other 3 schools are likely to be top 50 teams. And it's driveable for our fans. If I can't have Maui or Battle4Atlantis, this is exactly what I want in an early season tournament.

Texas will be good next year, borderlining on REALLY good if they fire Barnes and bring in someone who can coach all the young talent he's assembled. Illinois this year is a perfect comparison.

BYU is always solid and would be a great RPI builder.

DePaul...meh. They're young so we'd get to drop the hammer on the same dudes again next season. Fingers crossed we draw either BYU or Texas in the semis instead. BYU seems more likely.

Comment

I would be stunned to play Texas first...most likely BYU...

Comment

Working...
                              X