WSU versus Iowa, predictions and pregame discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU versus Iowa, predictions and pregame discussion

Here's the deal. Let's talk turkey. We want our beloved Shocks to run the table. The noise we want to hear is "whisk, whisk, wisk" and not so much "tweet, tweet tweet." A win could be quite beneficial and I believe we can pull this W off. The turkey will be less apt to stick in my craw Thursday with this needed win. We may be winning ugly but there are positives. We are breaking presses with ease and make it difficult for teams to score on us. Our depth is being developed along the way and 3G will play the players that are producing on a given game. DePaul has scored lots of points before, but not against us. Now we must find a way to dim the vision of these Hawkeyes and bring home the gold.

Shockers---77.77777

Hawkeyes-------70.3
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 23, 2012, 11:14 AM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I think our offense finally starts to click in this one.

WSU 79,
    Iowa 64

Comment

We finally get out and run again like we like to do.

Wheat - 88
      Corn - 70
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

As long as our D continues to show up, I think we will be too athletic for them. I, however, do not feel our offense goes nuts. I think our offense will improve some when the boys have more time to practice between games again. It's been so many games in such a short time they really haven't had time to actually work on much, other than just preparing for the next team.

WSU - 68
        Iowa - 62
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I think the Shockers play a different style this game. More running, less ugly. Cleanthony Early will score a ton of points as Iowa has no one to match up with him from an athletic standpoint. I think we push the tempo, press hard, and end up with a fairly comfortable lead and more points than most people expect.

If I'm coaching this game (and thank Heavens I'm not), I go for psychological domination from the beginning of the game. At the 4:00 mark, I sub in DWill for Armstead and Early for Wessel (normal starting lineup), and I force my team to run. I want EO to block every shot near the basket and I want to be up by 10 points by the second media timeout.

I do NOT want Iowa to stick around in this game or to get into a half-court set against us. They are a fundamental team that won't get dragged down like DePaul or VCU against our defense, and I really question our ability to efficiently score on offense against a team that won't try and press us. Iowa shoots the rock fairly well (better than us anyway), and that could doom us if we play their game.

Anyway, I'm going:

Shocks- 86
          Hawkeyes- 72

Comment

We will turn these guys over big time. 72-65 Shocks.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Will our athleticism win out over their shooting?

We need to be disciplined with our perimeter shooting and make our bunnies. The dribble drive seems to be a strong suit for us there. Utilize it. Also, don't get overconfident.

I'm hoping we win this one. If everything clicks magically, there's a chance it could be another double-digit win.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hate people that come to a prediction thread and say "I don't care, as long as we win." No shyte, Bizwax, but this is a prediction thread -- you know -- for FUN. But this time, I don't care as long as we win. We're both 5-0. Crush those BCS wannabes. I WANT FREAKING TOURNAMENT HARDWARE!!!

With their slow, methodical MVC style offense and our in your face defense, this game could go either way. If it ends up one of those games where you grind them down for 33 seconds just to watch them make a last moment 3 pointer or long 2 pointer, time after time after time, it could get ugly for us. On the other hand if we can turn them over a LOT on their offensive end, it could get ugly for them as we make fast break after fast break.

But I want to win this tournament. I know that.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  But I want to win this tournament. I know that.
                  No shyte, bizwax.

Comment

Lets Go SHOX! Roll over the hawks. 75-67 Shox.

Comment

We win. They don't.

Comment

Quote From the Hawksnest. "Lets hope the shock is all their own when the Hawks bring their own version of Shock and Awe."

Comment

78 to 72 Da Shoxs
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I predict that I will be pissed if I have to miss this game (on the road to KC this evening). Anyone know the TV situation for this game yet?

Shockers 75
                            Hawkers 68

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                              Quote From the Hawksnest. "Lets hope the shock is all their own when the Hawks bring their own version of Shock and Awe."
                              Giggle.

Athleticism and lock-down defense wins 72-65.

BTW, how about we limit the FT to 20 or less.

--'85.
                              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                              X