No announcement yet.

Poll Watch, 2012-13 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol, he's been making seven figures for sometime.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
      Not going to start a new thread on this because if we continue to win, it's just gonna get worse.

On ESPN:

The Weekly Forecast

By Myron Medcalf
      ESPN.com
      A quick look at the temperature of college basketball as we head into a new week: Coaches Hot: Wichita State made a smart move when it restructured coach Gregg Marshall's contract in March. He's making seven figures now. But will that be enough to stop a bigger program from making another run at him, now that he's led the Shockers to an 8-0 start (wins over VCU, Iowa) despite losing most of his top contributors from last season? Bigger question: Will he listen?
      You'd think someone at ESPN would be more on top of things. He hit seven figures a few years before last season and I believe is a little over 1.5 now.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        You'd think someone at ESPN would be more on top of things. He hit seven figures a few years before last season and I believe is a little over 1.5 now.
        Just ask 'Cold', he has it down to the penny.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
          Yeah and if I had cracked 2100 on my SAT I would have gone to Yale. But let's try to deal in reality, can we do that?
          That is reality. If we were in a BCS conference, we'd be at least top 15 with that record.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            fyi... IIRC, he and Marshall are buddies. Regardless, he's a good guy.
            Not sure about that, but Bardo was Dr Beggs neighbor growing up in Illinois. Maybe thats what you are thinking of.

Comment

• Originally posted by AG1219 View Post
              Not sure about that, but Bardo was Dr Beggs neighbor growing up in Illinois. Maybe thats what you are thinking of.
              Thanks! I knew I was losing it... Tim Brando!!
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                Yeah and if I had cracked 2100 on my SAT I would have gone to Yale. But let's try to deal in reality, can we do that?
                You have seriously GOT to be kidding me?

I, for one, do not believe for a second that you would ever qualify to even TAKE an SAT exam.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  Not going to start a new thread on this because if we continue to win, it's just gonna get worse.

On ESPN:

The Weekly Forecast

By Myron Medcalf
                  ESPN.com
                  A quick look at the temperature of college basketball as we head into a new week: Coaches Hot: Wichita State made a smart move when it restructured coach Gregg Marshall's contract in March. He's making seven figures now. But will that be enough to stop a bigger program from making another run at him, now that he's led the Shockers to an 8-0 start (wins over VCU, Iowa) despite losing most of his top contributors from last season? Bigger question: Will he listen?
                  I've read a decent amount of Myron's stuff over the last couple of years. He's definitely not the brightest, nor sharpest knife in the drawer. He always seems to be a tick off in whatever he talks about.

Haven't we already been through this before? Hasn't Marshall already turned down "bigger" programs while at here before? The coaching salary plug was completely off. Seriously, Myron. Do some freaking research before you go spouting. At least try to back 1 of the 3 fallacies you made.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Just ask 'Cold', he has it down to the penny.
                    HCGM should be pretty close to $1,582,000.00 for the 2012/2013 season.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      HCGM should be pretty close to $1,582,000.00 for the 2012/2013 season.
                      You are forgetting the Final Four bonus.

Comment

• I thought he made a little over 1.6 last year.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Are the KU, Kentucky, UNC or Duke jobs opening soon? No? Ok, I'll go back to sleep.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25

The MVC has fout teams in the top 25, with three in the top six. Also, three other teams are getting votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                              CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25

The MVC has fout teams in the top 25, with three in the top six. Also, three other teams are getting votes.
                              Gregg Marshall would appreciate you not referencing that poll in any way as it relates to the Shockers. Thank you.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                Gregg Marshall would appreciate you not referencing that poll in any way as it relates to the Shockers. Thank you.

T

Okay that is fine, but the next time you have breakfast, lunch, or dinner with our glorious leader tell Coach Marshall he needs to have that converstion with himself.

VOTING PANEL: Casey Alexander (Stetson), Murry Bartow (East Tennessee State), Randy Bennett (St. Mary's), Horace Broadnax (Savannah State), Milan Brown (Holy Cross), Will Brown (Albany), Kermit Davis (Middle Tennessee), Billy Donlon (Wright State), Bruiser Flint (Drexel), James Fox (Davidson), Tyler Geving (Portland State), Mike Gillian (Longwood), Seth Greenberg (ESPN), Steve Hawkins (Western Michigan), Willie Hayes (Alabama A&M), B.J. Hill (Northern Colorado), Dick Hunsaker (Utah Valley), James Jones (Yale), Greg Kampe (Oakland), Danny Kaspar (Stephen F. Austin), Kerry Keating (Santa Clara), Tod Kowalczyk (Toledo), Gregg Marshall (Wichita State), Greg McDermott (Creighton), Tom Moore (Quinnipiac), Jeff Neubauer (Eastern Kentucky), Jimmy Patsos (Loyola MD), Buzz Peterson (UNC-Wilmington), John Shulman (Chattanooga), Don Verlin (Idaho), Ron Verlin (Pacific).

Comment

Working...
                                X