Poll Watch, 2012-13 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll Watch, 2012-13 Edition

T-33 in AP Poll with 13 votes, nada in the Coaches Poll.

Interesting. No votes for VCU. UNI getting 2 votes but none for the Redbirds seems odd, too.

Comment

Anyone voting for UNI is doing so because they just arose from a 2 and a half year nap.

Comment

Interesting that Shaka Smurf didn't vote for us. Actually, that's not that surprising. And yet his Rammies still are getting 12 votes..
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

whatever, just win and the rest will take care of itself... pretty insightful eh?

Comment

Getting top 25 votes is the LAST thing (right now at least) this team (or fan base for that matter) needs.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Getting top 25 votes is the LAST thing (right now at least) this team (or fan base for that matter) needs.
              I get where you are coming from. But...

At some point the program has to learn to live with prosperity. As well as the expectations and pitfalls that come with it. We talk about RPI all the time, but when was the last time a team was left out of the tournament when they were ranked? Nothing drives name recognition like your score on the ticker every 5 minutes and having your game recapped every night on SC. Ranked teams get that.

Like I said, I understand what you are getting at, but the program needs to move past rankings as something that is uncommon and we can't handle.....players and fans alike.

Comment

I don't disagree with you...in fact I completely agree with you, but maybe I would have been better off saying that this team hasn't earned the distinction of getting votes in the top 25 yet (imho).

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

At some point the program has to learn to live with prosperity. As well as the expectations and pitfalls that come with it. We talk about RPI all the time, but when was the last time a team was left out of the tournament when they were ranked? Nothing drives name recognition like your score on the ticker every 5 minutes and having your game recapped every night on SC. Ranked teams get that.

Like I said, I understand what you are getting at, but the program needs to move past rankings as something that is uncommon and we can't handle.....players and fans alike.
                  spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Agreed. We need to be a program that expects to be ranked every year.

Comment

I already expect to be ranked every year. I wish the program and fan base would catch up with me! :)
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Interesting from USA Today. Wonder if this will go to the player's heads?

Comment

Well, the Shockers are ranked behind Creighton and Illinois State.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            Interesting from USA Today. Wonder if this will go to the player's heads?

http://usatoday.com/picture-gallery/...untry/1688049/
                            Koch Arena looked a little empty and quiet tonight. And I have never seen Coach Marshall in a game at Koch in a polo.

Comment

Thanks to the VCU win tonight, Seth Davis, Jason King and Dickie V are saying good things on Twitter about the Shockers. Our votes will go way up.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X