Impressions from the game (Howard):

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    Again, I don't know anything about Mal. We are not in his shoes. If he says he is sick...he is sick. Until some other situation happens that brings us back to his toughness, or tolerability, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
    you ain't coach

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      you ain't coach
      He ain't God either. Believe it or not coach isn't always right in his judgements and assessments, especially when it is a thing like degree off sickness within a certain individual. We all tolerate sickness in a different manner. Does coach have a scientifically trusted measure of how any individual is suited to play when their sick? If so, he will make much more than the 1.5M he gets for coaching basketball.

Comment

I'm just telling you he was furious.

Comment

Would like to continue this senseless conversation, but taking the wife to a movie...carry on!!!

Comment

WHATCHA SEEIN?......we headed to karaoke........
            Last edited by pinstripers; November 17, 2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

He ain't God either. Believe it or not coach isn't always right in his judgements and assessments, especially when it is a thing like degree off sickness within a certain individual. We all tolerate sickness in a different manner. Does coach have a scientifically trusted measure of how any individual is suited to play when their sick? If so, he will make much more than the 1.5M he gets for coaching basketball.
              What do you know? You don't know anything about this situation except 3rd hand information and you are making judgements. You don't know the players or the coaches except what you read or hear. No temperature, or stomach flu. Just a sore throat according to coach. He was released to play by the doctors.

Comment

If I were a coach, an I am far from it by the way, I could see myself getting angry if a guy wanted to rest up for bigger games. It implies he might think he is absolutely necessary and more important than other players on the team. It implies he thinks he is a guaranteed starter who will be needed heavily while other guys aren't. If I had a guy taking it easy for more important games to come when it is this early in the season I would consider benching him to show him that there are other players in his team. Armstead might not realize it and he might have innocent intentions but that disrespects other players if that's what he did and that doesn't build deep team chemistry. This is going to produce smashing results and we are about to start the domination :)

Comment

If the player tells the coach he rather sit this game out and prepare himself for the beaches in Cancun because this is an inferior opponent - I don't think the coach needs some scientific trusted measure to understand maybe he's not a warrior, and coach Marshall pretty much said he looking for 5-8 warriors who want to go to battle every game. D-Will was a warrior and Fred V. is getting better each game....might find that Malcom can be sick every game.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    If the player tells the coach he rather sit this game out and prepare himself for the beaches in Cancun because this is an inferior opponent - I don't think the coach needs some scientific trusted measure to understand maybe he's not a warrior, and coach Marshall pretty much said he looking for 5-8 warriors who want to go to battle every game. D-Will was a warrior and Fred V. is getting better each game....might find that Malcom can be sick every game.
                    If you don't think Malcolm is a warrior you must have missed the VCU game. I don't disagree that coach isn't happy about it but Malcolm isn't losing his job over this.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                      If you don't think Malcolm is a warrior you must have missed the VCU game. I don't disagree that coach isn't happy about it but Malcolm isn't losing his job over this.
                      Right. I think Malcolm made an innocent misjudgment and had no idea what he was about to get himself into. I think he IS a warrior and this is going to be a team galvanizing moment for everyone and it may very well produce a monster beat down or two in cancun

Comment

Coach also has a lot more than Mal on his plate right now. Granted, some of the the following was due to Mal not playing (even when he was in the game) with the "starters".

We were only up 11-9 at the around the 8:30/8:45 mark of the 1st half and the "starters" had already been in for the second time. A mixed group then ran a 14-5 run to 25-14 when non-starters DWill, White, Cotton, Wiggins, Early mostly finished the half with a 12-0 run to 37-14.

Second half much like the 1st. Starter's were outscored 5-7 in the first 6 minutes. In comes DWill, White, Cotton, Wiggins, and Early and played about 5 1/2 minutes with a 12-7 run, leaving with a 54-28 score and at one point having the biggest margin of a 28 point lead. Starters come back in and over the next 5 minutes get outscored 9-12. Yes, I'm sure had DWill and FVV traded squads, it would have been a little different. We do need Mal in the lineup and, for now, DWill needs to be the 1st backup at PG.

Cold won't like this, but the EO experiment took a step back today. EO, playing with mostly Hall, Wessel, Baker, FVV/Armstead, saw only 9 minutes of action against Howard going 0-0 FG, 0-2 FT, 0 points, 0 Reb, 1 Blk, 1 TO, and 2 PF. Lufile, playing mostly with White/Early, Wiggins, Cotton, and DWill, played 10 minutes with a line of 1-1 FG, 2-3 FT, 4 points, 2 Reb, 1 Stl, 1 Blk, and 0 PF. EO was supposed to own Howard this game, yet, while he was in the game with the "starters", the team was barely better than even with Howard.

Comment

I will admit, I was disappointed in EO. I can usually find silver linings with him when I want to but this game was bad especially for him. I do believe the games like this one will not be the norm for him though. He will do better and he will respond to the coach's disappointment and anger just like everyone else. It is fitting that our only 4 year man was the brightest spot in a game that went like this.

Comment

EO still gonna get his 18?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              What do you know? You don't know anything about this situation except 3rd hand information and you are making judgements. You don't know the players or the coaches except what you read or hear. No temperature, or stomach flu. Just a sore throat according to coach. He was released to play by the doctors.
                              Yea, I don't know **** apparently like you arse does, huh. Make judgements? Just an opinion. FYI, this is a fan forum. You know, where you give opinions, judgements, etc...You have apparently heard from just the coach...not Mal. If Mal comes out tomorrow or the next day and says "My bad judgement...I should have sucked it up and played more," than so be it. Until then I stand by my OPINION

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                WHATCHA SEEIN?......we headed to karaoke........
                                Lincoln...absolutely a brilliant movie. A must see IMO. I hope you sang like Sinatra tonight. Also, thanks for the spirited, respectful discussion tonight, unlike some knuckle brains.

Comment

Working...
                                X