Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressions from the game (Howard):

1. We cannot play this bad again and expect a win

2. Demetric Williams and Nick Wiggins are guys we need to put in when we aren't having success against the zone.

3. We missed Armstead today

4. Only Baker, Wessel, and Wiggins should be shooting 3s

5. Lufile has potential, but isn't there yet (mature, smart move, but only 3 points)

6. Every single team we play should zone us

7. Fred isn't quite ready for major point guard minutes

8. Marshall was angry

Better to play a sloppy game now than lay an egg in Cancun, I guess.

No worries here as long as this serves as a wakeup call and we arrive in Mexico ready to play. I suspect HCGM will make sure that we do.

Comment

didnt get to listen to the post game show, what happened to Malcom?
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

We are going to have to endure this kind of performances, especially for awhile. Our talent is very high, but long-term chemistry comes with growing pains (games like today). We are going to have nice performances like at VCU, backed up with challenging performances like today. The more games this group puts under their belt, the more chemistry they will build. When that happens...watch out!

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          didnt get to listen to the post game show, what happened to Malcom?
          Feeling under the weather.

Comment

Not feeling well. Marshall appeared perplexed wit Mal's lack of desire to play.
            In the fast lane

Comment

I don't know Mal from spit, but I would give the benefit of the doubt to the one feeling under the weather.

Comment

No fever, but didn't feel like playing.

Comment

He didn't sit out a year to be put under a microscope about not playing a game because he was sick. I would think because of that, if he thought he could be an asset in this game (regardless of the opponent), he would play.

Comment

My guess is that if he doesn't feel like playing again................he won't play again.

Comment

I'm with you MVC, but Marshall thought he was sandbagging. HCGM felt that Mal was resting to be healthy for Depaul and Iowa. I think Gregg wants to be the one deciding how much rest he needs.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        My guess is that if he doesn't feel like playing again................he won't play again.
                        You are probably right.

Comment

Again, I don't know anything about Mal. We are not in his shoes. If he says he is sick...he is sick. Until some other situation happens that brings us back to his toughness, or tolerability, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

During the pregame warm-up, I watched Cle shoot 3 balls.

He put up shot after shot. Not many were going in. I guess that less than 15% went in the hole.

After every miss, there was pure agony on Cle's face. It looked as if he knows that he is shooting poorly from three and cannot do anything about it and it is driving him crazy.

Sometimes it seems that his shot flattens out, but at other times, the arch is fine. However, it is never as flat as Toure's shot.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

EO, White & Lufile combined for 35 minutes and only 3 rebounds...ouch.

Comment

Working...
                              X