No announcement yet.

Coach Marshall Radio Show 11/14/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of a couple freshman and a Juco guy. One Juco guy per recruiting class I feel can be good to have. This year is an exception since we lost 5 amazing scorers. But from here on out, I definitely like the idea of having a Juco dude to look forward to.

Comment

Watson was a guy we landed before the start of his FR year at Chipola. I believe he's about 6'7" and 240 and crazy athletic. We'll need a more mature big with losing Ehimen and Hall.

Next year in the post we'll have Lufile (SR), Coleby (SR), Watson (JR), White (JR) and Morris (FR). Hopefully we can land another FR or two in next years recruiting class, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us target another JUCO and a FR instead. I'm okay with either.

Our depth isn't going away anytime soon though either. The following is putting players at about any position they could play and is not in order of where I think they stand in any position

PG - FVV (SO), Baker (RSO), Cotton (JR), Bowles (FR), Holland (FR)
      SG - Baker (RSO), Cotton (JR), Holland (FR), Wiggins (SR), Green (RFR)
      SF - Early (SR), Wiggins (SR), Baker (RSO), Cotton (JR), Wessel (JR), Green (RFR)
      PF - White (JR), Watson (JR), Coleby (SR), Early (SR)
      C - Lufile (SR), Watson (JR), Morris (FR)

Is that 14?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Watson was a guy we landed before the start of his FR year at Chipola. I believe he's about 6'7" and 240 and crazy athletic. We'll need a more mature big with losing Ehimen and Hall.

Next year in the post we'll have Lufile (SR), Coleby (SR), Watson (JR), White (JR) and Morris (FR). Hopefully we can land another FR or two in next years recruiting class, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us target another JUCO and a FR instead. I'm okay with either.

Our depth isn't going away anytime soon though either. The following is putting players at about any position they could play and is not in order of where I think they stand in any position

PG - FVV (SO), Baker (RSO), Cotton (JR), Bowles (FR), Holland (FR)
        SG - Baker (RSO), Cotton (JR), Holland (FR), Wiggins (SR), Green (RFR)
        SF - Early (SR), Wiggins (SR), Baker (RSO), Cotton (JR), Wessel (JR), Green (RFR)
        PF - White (JR), Watson (JR), Coleby (SR), Early (SR)
        C - Lufile (SR), Watson (JR), Morris (FR)

Is that 14?

Yipes! Stripes!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

14 current schollies.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            I'm listening to the archive of tonight - do some of these callers really think we care about hearing them talk?
            They don't care about US -- they like hearing themselves talk. How many times do you suppose THEY listen to the archives to hear themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              14 current schollies.
              Actually, it's 13 this year (Orukpe, Hall, Williams, and Armstead; Lufile, Early, and Wiggins (not a bad group to take in trade for Hamilton, Richardson, and Manigault, which illustrates why Marshall reloads better than his predecessor did); White, Wessel, and Cotton; Green, Baker, and Van Vleet, with 14 seemingly anticipated next year. (Four of the current 13 are seniors, and five are scheduled to join: Watson, Morris, Bowles, Holland, and Coleby, who's already on board and paying his own way as a transfer, so that does seem to make 14.)

But Marshall always makes it work and apparently chuckles at our concerns, or media concerns, about how it will happen -- maybe an exemption of some sort for Coleby; who knows? Really, though, who cares? As for me, I'm going to assume he knows more than we do, which should be a fairly easy assumption to make by now, and not worry about "14."

Comment

We have 14 commitments for next season at this point. One of those 14 will not be at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  They don't care about US -- they like hearing themselves talk. How many times do you suppose THEY listen to the archives to hear themselves?
                  Just something wrong when a guy talks for 10 minutes about how he is going to shoot himself for not watching the game while calling into the coaches talk show to discuss the game. Marshall did handle it with grace.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    We have 14 commitments for next season at this point. One of those 14 will not be at WSU.
                    Has it been said publically whether Coleby has been promised a scholarship next year?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Has it been said publically whether Coleby has been promised a scholarship next year?
                      I'll bet the house.

Comment

Maybe somebody pays their way?
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

HCGM describes an incoming guard as being able to "windmill dunk it". Man, this is my type of coach.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            Maybe somebody pays their way?
                            It should be no surprise with two current starting guards having paid their way for one year that we will see it happen again. Coach Marshall has made it a privilege for recruits to play at Wichita State instead of a right. He has single-handedly turned the "entitlement generation" theory on its ass with slick salesmanship and a winning tradition. When word gets out that HCGM is able to sign BCS-quality basketball players who are also 24k human beings, his services are going to become verrrry expensive. Don't ***** when your ticket prices keep going up because somebody is going to make coach a very rich man. Hopefully it will be us.

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                              Don't ***** when your ticket prices keep going up because somebody is going to make coach a very rich man. Hopefully it will be us.

T

I think we are already making him a VERY rich man. (Even coach thinks he's getting a big time salary) Someone will just try to make him a CRAZY rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Not necessarily true, pin. That's what I mean about Marshall knowing more than we do, and being amused about our concerns over this type of thing -- because you can bet that he's prepared for having all 14 show up and qualify.

Comment

Working...
                                X