2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Sorry, but if we finish 5th with such an experienced team, I will feel the season was a failure. We should be top three with an eye on 1.

We have the pieces.
    The goal should definitely be top 3 and, as I said, I think WSU should be projected as #3 going into next season.

Comment

I feel like UAB has some flash-in-the-pan vibes. They were absolutely dreadful the first half of the year, picked it up late.. but still got blown out by Rice at home and also lost to us at home, ending a long losing streak… they did beat USF in the conference tourney but also only had to get through us and Temple. That was pretty fortunate.

Did they add a lot of new and better pieces? Otherwise I think they can easily be had and are being overvalued for their fluky cupcake conference tournament run.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Did they add a lot of new and better pieces? Otherwise I think they can easily be had and are being overvalued for their fluky cupcake conference tournament run.
        They added the #3 JUCO recruit, ostensibly improved their supporting pieces, and return all of their top players except for Eric Gaines (who was a bit of a chucker, despite his solid defense).

I think they should be solid, but wouldn't be surprised if WSU ended up being the better team.

Comment

ESPN or Fox had early predictions. They had Memphis, FAU, and UAB as the top 3 in the AAC. Then they stopped. Last Season by now I thought somebody covered and predicted all of our AAC teams by now. Not finding that so far.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'd prefer the preseason polls picked the Shox in the 5-6 range. That could go a long ways in promoting team chemistry, and it could open the door for Mills to get some CoY recognition. The opportunity for that would be there. Then it would be up to Mills and the team to take advantage of the opportunity.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

FAU has a lot to prove after losing a coach and their best players. UAB will be solid and Memphis is always inconsistent no matter how much talent they have. I still think the conference is up for grabs with Memphis in the drivers seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                FAU has a lot to prove after losing a coach and their best players. UAB will be solid and Memphis is always inconsistent no matter how much talent they have. I still think the conference is up for grabs with Memphis in the drivers seat.
                Memphis also has a lot of scholarships to fill still. I think 4 still?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Memphis also has a lot of scholarships to fill still. I think 4 still?
                  They also have no Small Forwards on the roster, but Memphis fans keep insisting that doesn't matter. It feels like every offseason Memphis comes out hot in the portal but still finishes with roster holes.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

They also have no Small Forwards on the roster, but Memphis fans keep insisting that doesn't matter. It feels like every offseason Memphis comes out hot in the portal but still finishes with roster holes.
                    Rogers may have to play the 3

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Rogers may have to play the 3
                      He better hope he doesn't have to guard Corey Washington at the 3 when they play us. That will not end well for Rogers.

Comment

The Shockers for sure will improve from 10th place. Sight unseen of the rosters of our foes, 5th place seems very possible. That same pick of mine last Season seems much more approachable this Season. Maybe better after we find the roster scoop for all the AAC SQUADS.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Can we check to see if Coach Q might have some eligibility left.

Comment

That is a man among boys

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

He better hope he doesn't have to guard Corey Washington at the 3 when they play us. That will not end well for Rogers.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X