2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Way-To-Early Springtime Edition” - POLL PREDICITON: 20.8 Wins

Hot Days, Fire Works, Cold Beer, and Hot TBT Hoops coming to the Roundhouse in July!!!​

So, what do we know today: we know who left (players/coaches); who stayed (players/coaches); who arrived (players/coaches); we have confirmed about 60% of our non-conference games will be against (still 4-5 to go) this season; and our AAC pairings have yet to be announced (should happen by late July).

8 Non-Conference Games (perhaps 4-5 more)
    18 Conference Games
    1+ Conference Tournament Games
    ?+ Post Season Games
    31-33 Total Games

Here is how our "Summertime" projected wins versus actual wins have fared for the last few seasons:
    Summertime 2018-19 2019-20 2020-21* 2021-22 2022-23 2023-24#
    Projected Wins 23.1 24.6 23.3 24.7 19.9 - na -
    Actual Wins 22 23 22.5 15 17 14
    Over/Under +1.1 +1.6 +0.8 +9.7 +2.9 - na -

*Covid shortened season and was estimated.
    # No Poll: Members complained I was starting too many threads, so I stopped for the rest of the year.

​​​
    Very Low: 18 wins or less
    2.50%
    Low: 19 to 21 wins
    7.50%
    Medium: 22 to 24 wins
    72.50%
    High: 25 to 27 wins
    15.00%
    Very High: 28 wins or more
    2.50%
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; 6 days ago.

I said Low (20 wins) in the "Way-To-Early Springtime Edition" Poll.

I am now at 22 wins, with a more bullish outlook based on the roster and known schedule. Depending on the rest of the non-conference schedule, I might be willing to extend beyond 22 wins.

Let's Go Shockers!!!

Comment

I'm drinking some great Kool aid, it may be spiked with the good stuff but don't judge
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Has anybody tried that apple pie moonshine. I did and it was amazing,,,24 wins this year

Comment

I'm hoping for a 20 win season. I would love to see the Shockers win all of their home games, no matter the opponent, and if they could, I have to hope that pushes the win total higher.

Comment

Poor chemistry 19 W's, good chemistry 22-24 and very good chemistry 25-27. What I really want to see is full houses and excitement returning

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Has anybody tried that apple pie moonshine. I did and it was amazing,,,24 wins this year
              I prefer watermelon. Cut it with a little lime.

Top 65 team, 23+ wins which include AAC tourney. Top 3 in the conference. Bubble discussion most of the year if not better. This team will hang some kind of banner.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Might take a shot but basically stick to my Eagle Rare over shaved ice

Comment

19-21 prediction this time for me. This eternal optimist picked us 5th in AAC last Season and I think we took 10th. We will be improved for sure in Conference play at least.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I prefer watermelon. Cut it with a little lime.

Top 65 team, 23+ wins which include AAC tourney. Top 3 in the conference. Bubble discussion most of the year if not better. This team will hang some kind of banner.
                    I am basically here.

First time in a couple of years I am actually kind of excited.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I am basically here.

First time in a couple of years I am actually kind of excited.
                      Same. It’s been a rough 5 years in all honesty. I’m ready for us to be respectable again. This year seems like it could be interesting, particularly if the team clicks early on the way they did just before the AAC tourney.

Comment

Man, I really want to be excited. This team is old, so that’s good. Are they going to be able to handle the playbook? Will they play together and trust each other? How well does JH see the court? We’ll see.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Man, I really want to be excited. This team is old, so that’s good. Are they going to be able to handle the playbook? Will they play together and trust each other? How well does JH see the court? We’ll see.
                          I think we'll have 9 players on this roster that will be 22 years or older (several will be 23+) at the start of the season. That's a crazy stat. All of them with lots of on court experience. I don't know how we could have positioned ourselves better after having a losing record last year. I'm not saying it'll be automatic success because we have a lot of veterans. However, I think it's okay to feel more optimistic than we've been in recent years at this point in time.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Meeks seems to have some great WuShock hair.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X