No announcement yet.

2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been looking forward to a season this much since the one when GM was fired (before he was fired). Just excited to see some good basketball and a team that has a chance to win nearly every game they play.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Feels like the theme for a western show:

Trollin', trollin', trollin' ... keep them doggies trollin' ... raw hide!

Comment

Men's Basketball | 7/2/2024

Listen to the podcast

Wichita State basketball newcomers Corey Washington, Zane Meeks, AJ McGinnis and Justin Hill talk about their journey to Wichita State, early impressions of practices and favorite NBA players. They agree on the NBA's GOAT, dispense advice to the youngsters and discuss football as a second sport.

Washington is a 6-foot-6 forward from Little Rock, Arkansas. He transferred to WSU from St. Peter's University in New Jersey. He has two seasons of eligibility at WSU.

Meeks is a 6-foot-9 forward from Prairie Village, Kansas. He transfers to Wichita State from Arizona State, where an ankle injury limited him to five games. In 2023, he averaged 10.3 points while starting at the University of San Francisco.

McGinnis is a 6-foot-4 senior guard who transfered from Lipscomb, where he averaged 13.2 points and 2.3 rebounds.

Justin Hill is a 6-foot senior guard from Houston. He transfers to Wichita State after two seasons at Georgia, where he averaged 9.5 points and 3.2 assists in 2024.​

Comment

Zane Meeks was pretty impressive in his segment of the RH podcast. His early impressions after 2 weeks of practice: "We're old and very loud, two very good things, and we look like we can shoot..."

He talks like a guy who might have a decent amount of BBIQ.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; 2 days ago.

Comment

A.J. McGinness was very good as well. When asked what stood out with him at this early point: "the thing that sticks out to me the most is how good we are together and we haven't even been around each other that long."

Justin Hills observation of early practices has been the competitiveness of the guys.

Corey Washington says he is an energy guy. Dalen Ridgnal with better skills perhaps? Corey was a little quiet but perhaps he was just sitting too far away from the mic.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; 2 days ago.

Comment

I like how Justin Hill talked about PJ being helpful in steering him to WSU. This could be a very good pipeline for us.

Comment

Podcasts are OK, but would much rather have videos from practice!

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
                  Podcasts are OK, but would much rather have videos from practice!
                  I’d much rather have games

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    I like how Justin Hill talked about PJ being helpful in steering him to WSU. This could be a very good pipeline for us.

Already is (has been).

Comment

PJ has a couple more potential studs that we have offers out to. I'd be really excited if something started to flow there beyond Zion.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

There's an argument to be made that no one over the past decade has done more to provide an outside pipeline to WSU than PJ. He really loves this place and doesn't get enough love or credit.
                        ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          There's an argument to be made that no one over the past decade has done more to provide an outside pipeline to WSU than PJ. He really loves this place and doesn't get enough love or credit.
                          ​​​​
                          10,506 people yelling, “COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ!” will do that to a person.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                          X