2024-25 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Meeks seems to have some great WuShock hair.
    I hope he keeps it for the upcoming season! That's total WuShock hair right there is what it is. Total!
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

I hope he keeps it for the upcoming season! That's total WuShock hair right there is what it is. Total!
      Perfect social media fodder. Get a pic of him and Wu side by side with "Separated at birth?"
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Perfect social media fodder. Get a pic of him and Wu side by side with "Separated at birth?"
        Separated at birth, repatriated 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Meeks seems to have some great WuShock hair.
          Boris Johnson is envious

Comment

The 2024-25 roster is complete and updated.

This is a bit of surprising, although meaningless trivia:

This big question is will Zane, Quincy and Bijan be saddled with the frickin' upside down 2's that look like an S on their uniforms again this year.

Comment

Stumbled onto this thread on QB when he was younger. Excitement of this Season is high because another summer of hard work with Coach Acy will result in QB being improved and equipped to make a strong finish. Here is the bonus and icing on the cake. When QB does come out for a breather, our calvary subs with give us more of an inside/ outside twist than so last Season IMO.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                The 2024-25 roster is complete and updated.

This is a bit of surprising, although meaningless trivia:

This big question is will Zane, Quincy and Bijan be saddled with the frickin' upside down 2's that look like an S on their uniforms again this year.
                Probably. But rumor has it that this might be the last school year of Under Armour before Nike comes back. So that might help things soon.
                Last edited by WuShock16; 1 day ago.
                78-65

Comment

As long as we're still wearing Under Armour, yes.

Comment

If Washington is going to wear #6, he needs to have a little Dr. J in his game. Then he can earn the name, Dr. C.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      If Washington is going to wear #6, he needs to have a little Dr. J in his game. Then he can earn the name, Dr. C.
                      Too bad his first name isn't Pepper.

Comment

I've been out of the loop for a while and I'm just noticing that we have a 6-9 pro from Croatia. Very nice. Looking over that roster, we are mature, experienced, and tall. I like it. Congrats, Paul Mills. Show us what you can do with this group. Expectations very high. Final Four.

Comment

Final four is like saying the swedish army will kick China and Russians butts in a war. Just a bit lofty expectations there.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                            I've been out of the loop for a while and I'm just noticing that we have a 6-9 pro from Croatia. Very nice. Looking over that roster, we are mature, experienced, and tall. I like it. Congrats, Paul Mills. Show us what you can do with this group. Expectations very high. Final Four.
                            Final Four of the NIT?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                              I feel like I have maybe unrealistic expectations for the Shocker basketball and even I would be pleasantly surprised with just making the tourney.

Comment

Feels like the theme for a western show:

Trollin', trollin', trollin' ... keep them doggies trollin' ... raw hide!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X