Gorillas at Shockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrschh View Post
    I would temper your argument regarding no team wanting a one-on one w/out a help defender. Remember this was a DII school that EO was 5 to 6 inches taller than their biggest player. If EO doesn't show he's at least a consist threat down low, the DI teams who are only giving up 2 or 3 inches to him, are going to take that chance on the one-on-one match-up. Especially, if our perimeter continues to be as effective as they were last night.
    I thought EO played better defense in the second half than the first. Of the 15 points scored by PS-ew, 6 came on EO "altering" the shot right in the basket. In the second half the 3 or 4 "altered" shots didn't go in. I guess I saw something different than Aargh last night. I didn't see any more cheating on EO than they did on CH or any other big man they might play against in the future.

Comment

• I said it once already but I just hope Lufile gets healthy very soon. Need some real depth down there at the 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
        I thought EO played better defense in the second half than the first. Of the 15 points scored by PS-ew, 6 came on EO "altering" the shot right in the basket. In the second half the 3 or 4 "altered" shots didn't go in. I guess I saw something different than Aargh last night. I didn't see any more cheating on EO than they did on CH or any other big man they might play against in the future.
        Thanks for your assessment. I only listened to the game, so I only went w/ what Aargh described. I'll still contend that if EO can't show to be a threat in the offense set, then defenses will take their chances w/ a one-on-one match-up and press our perimeter players, instead.

However, will his defensive potential out way his offensive liability? I guess we have an entire season to see how it unfolds. It might prove out as EO gets more PT his offense improves, too.

All I know is I can't wait to see how the season unfolds!!

Comment

• Couple of times Wessel refused to get EO the ball. My take was that EO was not positioned correctly on the secondary break and they are not to give it to him unless he is set up exactly right.

Comment

• I will commend EO on the first play of the game. He didn't receive the attempted alleyoop where he could handle it, so he made sure to control it as he came back down to earth, then elevated and hammered it down. My guess is last year he would have fumbled it out of bounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Couple of times Wessel refused to get EO the ball. My take was that EO was not positioned correctly on the secondary break and they are not to give it to him unless he is set up exactly right.
              I would hope we don't try to force the ball to any of our players who aren't in good position.

EO had great position a couple of times early in the game. One time he was behind the defender and Evan's pass was underthrown and was intercepted. The second time Evan either missed him or for whatever reason decided not to attempt the pass, but it wasn't because EO did not have good position because he had great position.

I don't remember who got the ball to EO for his little jump hooks in the second half but their didn't seem to be much hestitation on those plays.

I'm not advocating we run the offense through EO and I'm confident that's not going to happen, but EO's play on the offensive end of the ball last night was at a minimum very acceptable.

Comment

Working...
              X