Starting 5 monday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting 5 monday?

I'll guess EO, Carl, Wessel, Malcolm, and..............Baker.

Hall, Early, Wiggins, Baker, Armstead or if we go with a twist of more experience it could be Armstead, D-Will (only if his injury is healed), Cotton, White, and Hall.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Hall, Early, Wessel, Baker and Malcolm

My reasoning for the prediction is Marshall has pretty much said Malcolm and Hall are guaranteed starters. He has also strongly indicated how important Early was going to be, but has also said that he basically knows the 4 and is just starting to learn the 3. That leads me to believe he will start in the front court with Hall and leaving EO, White and Lufile coming off the bench. As far as the 2 and 3 positions, I would go with Cotton and Williams, but both are currently injured / recovering from injuries and the lack of recent practice time will keep them out of the starting lineup. Injuries have also slowed FVV, but I think he'd be coming off the bench anyways. Marshall has indicated Wiggins still has some work to do to step up to the D1 level. This process of elimination leaves Wessel and Baker as the starters.
      Last edited by dregn; November 4, 2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

EO, Hall, Wessel, Baker and Armstead also. Next five, Lufile, Jake, Early, Cotton and Demetric. Geez we are soooo loaded!

Comment

It will be EO, Hall, White, Armstead, and Early.

T

...:cool:

Comment

EO, Hall, Early, Armstead and…DWill or Cotton. Whomever is healthier.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Interesting 5 Cold. White at 3 & Early a 2??
              In the fast lane

Comment

With Williams recovering nicely it's now EO, Hall, Early , Williams and Armstead.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  It will be EO, Hall, White, Armstead, and Early.

T

...:cool:
                  I'm curious, who do you have playing the 2??? I can only see EO starting if Marshall is trying to build his confidence against a smaller team.

Personally, I think it will be:

Hall at the 5
                  Early at the 4 (but wouldn't be surprised if White impressed enough to start and move Early to the 3)
                  Armstead at the 1

The 2 and 3 slots are the tough one. If White starts at the 4 then Early is at the 3, but I agree w/ dregn that he'll probably need more time learning the 3 (meaning Early will start at the 4). So, Wessel at the 3 because it appears Marshall likes his work ethic.

Lastly, I think it will be Baker at the 2. I would've said Cotton, but due to the recent injury I think his playing time might be limited.

However Marshall is the only one who knows, and he might not even know until tip-off.

Comment

I still see Baker as the third option at the PG and SG.

I like Cotton and Wessel, but don't like both on the floor at the same time. They are both athletic, hustle, glue guys and I prefer there not be more than one at a time.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Hall
                      White
                      Wessel
                      Williams (Baker, if DWill is injured)
                      Armstead

I could also see
                      EO
                      Hall
                      Wessel
                      Williams/Baker
                      Armstead

Reasoning in both cases, remove the "pressure" of starting from newcomers. Substitutions will be free floating and frequent, of course. Hopefully 3G will insert the newcomers one at a time so the fans can appropriately welcome each of them to WSU fandom.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Agreed, substitutions will be very liberal as Marshall tests different line-ups together. In fact, just because someone starts doesn't mean they will have the most minutes in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                          With Williams recovering nicely it's now EO, Hall, Early , Williams and Armstead.
                          This seems like the only choice. If healthy I don't know how you don't start a four year senior. There is only one non senior position available and early takes it at the 3

Comment

Early has yet to practice at the 3.............

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                              Hall
                              White
                              Wessel
                              Williams (Baker, if DWill is injured)
                              Armstead

I could also see
                              EO
                              Hall
                              Wessel
                              Williams/Baker
                              Armstead

Reasoning in both cases, remove the "pressure" of starting from newcomers. Substitutions will be free floating and frequent, of course. Hopefully 3G will insert the newcomers one at a time so the fans can appropriately welcome each of them to WSU fandom.
                              I agree with this one. It's most likely one of these two lineups.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X