No announcement yet.

As of Mid-May 2024 --- Roster has been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of Mid-May 2024 --- Roster has been?

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    So....assuming final roster is set....upgrade over last year, about the same, or worse?
    That's a great question​.
    So far..., It's An Upgrade.
    82.05%
    Uh..., Same-Ol'-Same-Ol'.
    12.82%
    Ouch! Were Worse Off.
    5.13%

The poll is expired.

I said an upgrade.
    Name Old School New School Grade Minutes Points Rebounds Assists FT %
    Colby Rogers Wichita State Memphis B 30.4 16.4 3.4 1.9 82%
    Kenny Pohto Wichita State UC SB A- 21.4 7.7 4.9 1.2 63%
    Isaac Abidde Wichita State Cleveland State B 10.3 3.3 1.8 0.3 50%
    Corey Washington St. Peter's Wichita State A- 24.2 11.2 5.7 0.4 72%
    Justin Hill Georgia Wichita State B+ 25.8 10.8 3.2 3.3 76%
    AJ McGinnis Lipscomb Wichita State B- 20.9 8.3 2.3 0.8 74%
    Lost Per Game 20.7 9.1 3.4 1.1 65%
    Gain per game 23.6 10.1 3.7 1.5 74%

Comment

Hard to say.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        I said an upgrade.
        Name Old School New School Grade Minutes Points Rebounds Assists FT %
        Colby Rogers Wichita State Memphis B 30.4 16.4 3.4 1.9 82%
        Kenny Pohto Wichita State UC SB A- 21.4 7.7 4.9 1.2 63%
        Isaac Abidde Wichita State Cleveland State B 10.3 3.3 1.8 0.3 50%
        Corey Washington St. Peter's Wichita State A- 24.2 11.2 5.7 0.4 72%
        Justin Hill Georgia Wichita State B+ 25.8 10.8 3.2 3.3 76%
        AJ McGinnis Lipscomb Wichita State B- 20.9 8.3 2.3 0.8 74%
        Lost Per Game 20.7 9.1 3.4 1.1 65%
        Gain per game 23.6 10.1 3.7 1.5 74%
        I am skeptical of any grading system that rates Abide above McGinnis and just below Hill.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I assume grade is for the team not the player. Abidde is a B for Cleveland State as a portal pickup but would be an F is a P5 team picked him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            I assume grade is for the team not the player. Abidde is a B for Cleveland State as a portal pickup but would be an F is a P5 team picked him up.
            That makes sense but then Hill should definitely be an A.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think that this exercise is incomplete. It only shows who we lost to the portal and who we added through the portal.
              It does not include who we lost to graduation (Ridgnal, Germany).
              It also does not show how many minutes we lost at each position.

It does not show how many players have been added to positions that already have numerous players at those positions.
              While I really like our addition of Williams and Pipkin, we seem to have a glut of minutes already at their positions from existing players and new portal players.

It's clear we still have a problem at the 4 and 5 as well as backups if there is an injury. Likewise, we have a glut of players at the 1, 2, and 3.

Comment

Just how many Wichita State staff read this board? I think I have a feel for the approx. number watching "like" responses to posters on here (like Doc) who are connected and always towing the company line.

Comment

I'm "always towing the company line"?

It's been suggested that your stance on NIL was stolen from my 4th grade paper.

Comment

PG: Upgraded at the most important position so win. Cortez should improve and be solid off bench. Zion hopefully gets some minutes as a big time recruit
                    SG: 3 pt shooting slightly worse but 2 point game and defense should be better with AJ. I like X as a scorer off the bench
                    SF:Expect Harlond to continue to develop and be an improved player year 2 in the system. Throw in TJ getting some minutes and preparing to take over next year
                    PF: washington at the 4 spot. I expect him to be an upgrade over DR and RD3
                    C: QB is stud. Need a solid backup. Thank god KP is gone least favorite player since ES

overall improved. Hoping to finish season in 3-5 range in conference. Hoping for 20 win season. Get some post-season run and set up success for the future

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                      PG: Upgraded at the most important position so win. Cortez should improve and be solid off bench. Zion hopefully gets some minutes as a big time recruit
                      SG: 3 pt shooting slightly worse but 2 point game and defense should be better with AJ. I like X as a scorer off the bench
                      SF:Expect Harlond to continue to develop and be an improved player year 2 in the system. Throw in TJ getting some minutes and preparing to take over next year
                      PF: washington at the 4 spot. I expect him to be an upgrade over DR and RD3
                      C: QB is stud. Need a solid backup. Thank god KP is gone least favorite player since ES

overall improved. Hoping to finish season in 3-5 range in conference. Hoping for 20 win season. Get some post-season run and set up success for the future
                      DeGray will challenge Beverly for minutes at the 3. Beverly is a horrible 3 pt shooter (.258 vs DeGray .324) and his TOs are more than double DeGray's per minutes played.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I'm "always towing the company line"?

It's been suggested that your stance on NIL was stolen from my 4th grade paper.
                        4th grade was a strong and memorable year for ya eh?

Don't take it personal. I'm just "beating the grass to startle the snakes".

I will remain the countervailing force to all things illogical and depraved. This may at times position me opposite my friends. A very necessary inconvenience if we are to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

DeGray will challenge Beverly for minutes at the 3. Beverly is a horrible 3 pt shooter (.258 vs DeGray .324) and his TOs are more than double DeGray's per minutes played.
                          He’s a slasher. He’s mainly driving to the hoop to score. He was very good to finish the season. I don’t see RD3 as a 3. Not a great shooter either. More of a undersized 4 like Washington

Comment

AJ McGinnis rates as a poor defender, similar to Colby Jones, for what it's worth. He does seem to have a deeper bag offensively beyond just being a shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post

He’s a slasher. He’s mainly driving to the hoop to score. He was very good to finish the season. I don’t see RD3 as a 3. Not a great shooter either. More of a undersized 4 like Washington
                              Sorry if am confused.

DeGray shot 37 3s over 509 minutes played at a .324 clip. Beverly shot 66 3s over 1003 minutes played at a .258 clip. Over those minutes played, DeGray shot a 3 every 13.8 minutes played. Beverly shot a 3 every 15.2 minutes.

DeGray may very well be a slasher as well, but I remember several times last year where Beverly "slashed" to the bucket in the last minute or two and missed badly. Beverly also turned the ball over a lot.

With our new players, both their roles will change in what they need to (and can) do. With the addition of Washington, I wouldn't shortchange DeGray to be looking to take minutes at the 3. Don't see any reason he can't play there.

Comment

Working...
                              X