Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez
    This season was always going to be rough. But let's face it, GM is taking notes and he's a smart guy.
    What was some Illinois St. player saying to the Shockers (Gal?)?

Coach mentioned it on the post game show and said he didn't like it and he would remember it, and they would answer for it (maybe not this year though).
    :good:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
      Originally posted by ShockerPrez
      This season was always going to be rough. But let's face it, GM is taking notes and he's a smart guy.
      What was some Illinois St. player saying to the Shockers (Gal?)?

Coach mentioned it on the post game show and said he didn't like it and he would remember it, and they would answer for it (maybe not this year though).
      I love hearing that. The last thing the Valley wants to do is give WSU a coach that has a freaking grudge to go along with the grugde most of us fans carry always.

I believe that both MT and GM are very competitive, but I think that GM is the kind of guy is not above holding a grudge against someone. And that is the kind of guy I want as the head coach.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If Gal always played like he did tonight nobody would ever complain. He had a lot more assists then I'd thought but he played under control and didn't try to force too much passing or shooting. Hopefully this is another step in the right direction. Even next year we're going to need someone who can run the point when Hannah is on the bench. It'd be nice to have a JR that could do it rather than depending on a FR.

Ramon played very well tonight. A lot of hustle and heart and had a few more pointes than I thought. I love his energy and wish the rest of the team would feed off of it more.

Lance did well. He's quick and could cause some problems on D and has a decent shot when left open. A few spot minutes per game wouldn't be a bad thing.

Hatch made a few mistakes but I like how he looks out there. Still has a sweet shot. I think I have to say that every game now. He's much more comfortable and that'll only improve with more experience.

Mantas looked good. It's nice to see him shoot without hesitating. Hopefully he's getting more comfortable and more confidence and will start to show a little more of what he's capable of.

Did PJ have more fouls or minutes played? It was brutal watching him attempt to play tonight.

Phil was kinda whatever tonight. Not as bad as PJ.

JT needs to get it together. I'm surprised he came back in as I wouldn't be surprised if he gets diagnosed with a concussion. If that's the case, I'll cut him a little slack on his poor D after he came back in and just be nice and blame it on the head trauma.

Wendell did not have one of his better games.

Matt looked good in a suit.

Burley still didn't see action.

Too many stupid turnovers kept this game from being anywhere close to competitive. If they take decent care of the ball we come out of this game with a respectable loss as opposed to the horrible blow out that we witnessed.

Hopefully we have more success on saturday. Lucky for us, SIU hasn't had much outside success this year. So even though this year is going to be rough and brutal, maybe there's a small glimmer of hope that this is the year we take out SIU in Carbondale

Or not.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It was Dom Johnson that was jawing with Gal (when a ref had to step in). It wasn't Boo Richardson like coach Marshall said during post-game. But it could be they were both talking crap and we only saw the stuff with Johnson.

Comment

Wendell Preadom missed another three point attempt. On the season, he is 1-10.

Preadom Career 3FG%
            12.5% (5-40)
            Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
              Wendell Preadom missed another three point attempt.

Preadom Career 3FG%
              12.5% (5-40)
              ouch
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Gal was solid.

i was very happy with his game. he took the pressure well. much better than preadom and hatch.
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
                  Wendell Preadom missed another three point attempt. On the season, he is 1-10.

Preadom Career 3FG%
                  12.5% (5-40)
                  That's pretty bad, but so is the team which is at 28% right now. He's just a contributing member to this god awful shooting. Believe it or not, coming into the game tonight, Mantas was shooting 18.5% from the three line and PT was at 13.3%. So there's plenty of blame to go around.

Comment

Is it me or does anybody just wanna scream everytime Phil tries to shoot a 3, most of the time it barely hits the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                      Is it me or does anybody just wanna scream everytime Phil tries to shoot a 3, most of the time it barely hits the rim.
                      Personally I wish he would use that quick first step he has and try to drive in that spot. Draw a foul maybe... Get a couple freebies... You know just play aggressive. Hes much quicker than most the centers he is matched up with. I dont mind him taking a 3 here and there to keep the d honest and make them call all the way to guard him out there thus creating space inside for someone like say pj top post up and take advantage of a mismatch. But what do I know. Even if he cant sink his free throws maybe we can get someone in foul trouble and that cant hurt our cause either. Now I'm rambling past what i think of phil taking 3s though so I'll leave it at this.

Comment

You and me both! Jeez Phil, please take it inside and at least attempt to draw a foul.
                        :good:
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I don't scream. I pray....

......for a rebound.
                          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                          Students > Alumni
                          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                            I don't scream. I pray....

......for a rebound.

Comment

After looking at the box score a couple things stood out to me

1) 7 free throw attempts for us total. We have got to be aggressive and get to teh line more.

2) Turnovers everyone that played had at least 2-3 turnovers. Everyone...!!!

3) Assist. Not many guys on this team capable of getting assist besides gal and pj. I hardly recall seeing that extra pass this year for the easy look or basket. PJ hasnt been in a good position to draw players to him and dish. A lot of new guys still figuring out where to be and how to play with each other will add to the difficulty of that though.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                                A lot of new guys still figuring out where to be and how to play with each other will add to the difficulty of that though.

Its the middle of January. The players should be able to play with each other and they should know where they're supposed to be. They've been running this offense and playing with everyone for 6 months. That shouldn't be an excuse anymore.
                                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X