No announcement yet.

ISU game - Positives, Negatives, Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WP is a hard worker and does what he is told. He plays D and there is always room on this team for a team player like WP. Lance Harris sure was a bright spot tonight and I am sure he will be rewarded with more minutes.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Wendell I think is best as a 3rd string shooting guard. I agree though, he should graduate here. He just doesn't have the skills to be too much of a threat to anyone but us at times. He was just overmatched tonight, but as everyone knows, we're REALLY hurting from injuries.

Just think--in the great season we had a couple of years ago, the cupboard was far less bare, and we had more talent and more importantly didn't lose anyone to injury. That's no coincidence either.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        Wendell deserves to graduate from Wichita State.

If we can't have one Wendell Preadom who has stuck it out through thick and thin and has done everything asked of him and never caused a problem then I don't want to be a supporter of the program.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
        I'd consider keeping him around too if he doesn't mind sharing minutes with Bret Michael next season. Wait...that might be unfair to Bret. Given that, Wendell, it's your choice.

Comment

Assuming we have no changes with the guys we expect to come in next year, neither one of those kids are likely to get anything but mop-up minutes.

Wendell and Bret won't play 20 meaningful minutes all year.

But I still want him here.

Comment

This season was always going to be rough. But let's face it, GM is taking notes and he's a smart guy. He's a competitor and he's in this thing for the long haul. What this season is going to give us is a great learning experience for GM and his program. There are lot of new coaches and every game he is learning and taking note on how to beat them in seasons to come. I think we will all agree that we have the right guy in place to build a foundation for long-term success.

I think that most Shocker fans that have experienced the past will understand that things don't come easy for us. We endure a lot of downs and a lot of beating. But we don't forget and when we have a breakout year, I will venture to say that most of us savor that more than other programs that take it for granted. When we went to the sweet 16, it meant a lot because I remembered how much crap we took and for once, we were giving some of it back and it felt good. And times like tonight, I tend to look forward and think about how great it is going to be when GM figures this thing out (and he will).

So while we can look at little positives and negatives, I would rather look at the big picture and trust that the men running things are taking every piece of information and using it to build that foundation. It will never come easy for us, but in some twisted way, we almost need to have these experiences in order to never take success for granted and to always appreciate any success that comes in the future and understand just how difficult getting there is.

Go Shox!
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Doc...

I think in any other year, we wouldn't hear any complaining about Wendell or the role he plays and has played since the beginning. However, our dire guard situation has just forced guys like him into roles they just aren't able to properly fill. Not their fault, but a fact of life for this season. Cameron Ledford is a perfect example of a guy that could contribute in more ways than minutes on the court. Wendell could be a real positive guy and could help the team in off the court leadership as well. After all, he has been through it all.

BTW.. my wife and I sat in front of Cameron and his wife (?) at the UMKC game and he seems like a real great guy. I can see why he was so important that year.

Comment

nm
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                  This season was always going to be rough. But let's face it, GM is taking notes and he's a smart guy. He's a competitor and he's in this thing for the long haul. What this season is going to give us is a great learning experience for GM and his program. There are lot of new coaches and every game he is learning and taking note on how to beat them in seasons to come. I think we will all agree that we have the right guy in place to build a foundation for long-term success.

I think that most Shocker fans that have experienced the past will understand that things don't come easy for us. We endure a lot of downs and a lot of beating. But we don't forget and when we have a breakout year, I will venture to say that most of us savor that more than other programs that take it for granted. When we went to the sweet 16, it meant a lot because I remembered how much crap we took and for once, we were giving some of it back and it felt good. And times like tonight, I tend to look forward and think about how great it is going to be when GM figures this thing out (and he will).

So while we can look at little positives and negatives, I would rather look at the big picture and trust that the men running things are taking every piece of information and using it to build that foundation. It will never come easy for us, but in some twisted way, we almost need to have these experiences in order to never take success for granted and to always appreciate any success that comes in the future and understand just how difficult getting there is.

Go Shox!
                  The best post since the return of Shockernet! :clap: :good: :D
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I completely agree that Preadom should be allowed to finish his career at WSU if that's what he chooses. With the influx of apparently talented guards and the need to get some quick D1 experience for 3 newcomers - plus the likelihood that Mekel and Hatch will get their share of minutes - Wendell may prefer an opportunity elsewhere.

If Preadom wants to be the #7 guard at WSU, that should be his choice. Marshall mentioned in the pre-game interview on radio tonight that Preadom would be the backup PG tonight (with Michael out) and that Preadom was #4 in the depth chart at that position. Preadom may desire something other than falling behind a walkon on the depth chart.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I agree 100%. Marshall is the right coach for the job and we'll be where we want to be and possibly better than we've ever imagined in due time. I think it's just that the 'Marshall Plan' is going to be in effect for many, many seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                        I completely agree that Preadom should be allowed to finish his career at WSU if that's what he chooses. With the influx of apparently talented guards and the need to get some quick D1 experience for 3 newcomers - plus the likelihood that Mekel and Hatch will get their share of minutes - Wendell may prefer an opportunity elsewhere.

If Preadom wants to be the #7 guard at WSU, that should be his choice. Marshall mentioned in the pre-game interview on radio tonight that Preadom would be the backup PG tonight (with Michael out) and that Preadom was #4 in the depth chart at that position. Preadom may desire something other than falling behind a walkon on the depth chart.
                        If Coach wants him here and he wants to be here, I'm ok with that. It's probably the right thing to do given that he's a good guy off the court.

But a junior on scholarship should never be behind a freshman walk-on on the depth chart.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

It appears to me that most fans are finally realizing this team just does not have it. It is too bad that a Sweet 16 team from two years ago has depreciated to this level. It started last year and has unfortunately gotten worse. At this point I believe that we just don't have the horsepower, plain and simple. You can blame it on the players, injuries, the coach (HCGM), or Turgeon, it doesn't matter. The failures of this year's team were set in motion long ago and the only thing that will give WSU the team we expect and really should have is to get good players and have a coach that will get the maximum level of performance out of each and every one of them.

I agree with those who believe PJ is not the player many thought he would be. Let's face it, maybe the young man is limited and really can't shine without a great supporting cast. To compound things, it appears his attitude and mind set is poor. Gal is a much better player than some give him credit for, but he is just one player and playing a position right now that is not best suited for him. The rest of the players are nothing more than role type players.

I appreciate the positive attitude many fans are trying to maintain and I know it is tough. But the bottom line is winning is as blend of atttitude, hard work, preparation, talent and skill. It is apparent we are lacking in each of these areas. To judge the direction this program is headed in the future based on this year's performance would be wrong. I maintain the next two years will be critical for this program and I sincerely hope it gets turned around. I will always support the Shocks no matter what the circumstances are. We are a program of proud tradition. I am saddened to see how much we have lost in such a short period of time.

Comment

Coach says the sun's coming up soon and I believe him. It's not this year but maybe and hopefully next year

Comment

This season was always going to be rough. But let's face it, GM is taking notes and he's a smart guy.
                              What was some Illinois St. player saying to the Shockers (Gal?)?

Coach mentioned it on the post game show and said he didn't like it and he would remember it, and they would answer for it (maybe not this year though).

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                                This season was always going to be rough. But let's face it, GM is taking notes and he's a smart guy.
                                What was some Illinois St. player saying to the Shockers (Gal?)?

Coach mentioned it on the post game show and said he didn't like it and he would remember it, and they would answer for it (maybe not this year though).
                                I dont know, but he prolly got the idea from shockerfever
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X