2024-25 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calfan View Post
    In addition to Aguirre, They had a guy named Terry Cummings.

Within the halls of DePaul University there exists a legacy carved in hardwood, and at its core lies the enduring impact of Terry Cummings. A standout figure in the world of…

and Rod Strickland…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

WstateU, thanks for the reminder. I forgot about him. They must have been a pretty good team.

This is the good side of a message board.

Comment

Comment

If Taylor is right about the Shockers heading to the ESPN Events Invitational in the Orlando, Florida for Thanksgiving, the games will be held on Nov. 28th, 29, and Dec. 1st. Brackets are typically released mid-to-late August.

Here is how teams have finished the three seasons (no tournament in 2020 due to Covid) and if they made the post season.
          Year 2021 Post Season 2022 Post Season 2023 Post Season
          First Dayton NIT 2nd Round Oklahoma None Florida Atlantic NCAA First Round
          Second Belmont NIT 1st Round Ole Miss None Virginia Tech NIT 2nd Round
          Third Kansas NCAA Champs Siena None Texas A&M NCAA 2nd Round
          Fourth Iona NIT 1st Round Seton Hall NIT 1st Round Iowa State NCAA Sweet 16
          Fifth Alabama NCAA 1st Round Memphis NCAA 1st Round Butler NIT 1st Round
          Sixth Miami (FL) NCAA Elite Eight Stanford None Boise State NCAA 1st Four
          Seventh North Texas NIT 2nd Round Nebraska None VCU NIT Quarterfinals
          Eighth Drake CBI Quarterfinals Florida State None Penn State None

Comment

I can vouch that Taylor is right about Orlando because I heard same. Should be a good tournament with better opponent name appeal than we’ve had in recent years.

Good memories of 2008 when Gregg clowned Andy Katz after the Siena win. Going into the tournament, AK made multiple comments of how this was such a great field…”except for Wichita State.” So when the Shocks prevailed against a very good Siena team…

AK: “Hey Gregg, can I interview you?”
            GM: “Fine, but I’m about to bust your ass on national television.”

Then we were handling the eventual natty runner-up until there was a rain delay because torrential rain leaked through a ceiling vent. Good ol’ Ed Hightower had to let everyone know that he was in charge and had things under control.

We won’t talk about 2015.
            78-65

Comment

Can confirm Florida will also be in the ESPN Events Invitational
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                Can confirm Florida will also be in the ESPN Events Invitational
                It appears that Nevada will be as well.

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

It appears that Nevada will be as well.

Had heard this but couldn't confirm. Will try to find the rest!
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                  X