X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox need better guard lay and ball handling next season
    The Assman

Comment

• UAB finally gets a win against the Shocks. Rogers had 29 at their barn. The 2nd half they kept the ball out of Rogers hands. Rogers was off today but what a great run he had of scoring.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

HCPM did not have a good 2nd half.
        UAB put a chaser on CR and no obvious adjustment was ever made to counter it.
        Then the killer 30 seconds when Cortes fouled the trey shooter and then the turnover on the ensuing inbounds.
        Time out right there!!!
        Nope, nothing and another turnover and another 3 point bomb from UAB and that folks, was it.
        It went from WSU 54 UAB 52 to UAB 63 WSU 54 and it was toast.

They had a good run though and sent Memphis home.
        So some satisfaction happened this year in Ft. Worth.

That is all.
        I agree with all of that. Did not seem to have the urgency that was needed.

Comment

• 1. Really needed a good whistle. Didn't get one.
          2. Bell can't shoot, Rogers can't drive.
          3. DR needed to play more minutes, no?
          4. HCPM can't run some sets to get Colby open?
          5. The big kid for UAB is great. GREAT, actually.
          6. Their defense is really good, part players, part scheme.
          7. Out-everythinged in the second half, no legs.
          8. Ballard will be highly sought after, Rogers maybe not.
          9. Better heart and effort than I thought we had in us.
          10. I hope Mills is making phone calls on the ride home.

Comment

• Sour grapes or not I thought the officials allowed them to get away with a lot. FT's were keeping them in it when the game was close. Good effort by our guys.

Comment

Then the killer 30 seconds when Cortes fouled the trey shooter and then the turnover on the ensuing inbounds.
              Time out right there!!!
              Nope, nothing and another turnover and another 3 point bomb from UAB and that folks, was it.
              He was waiting on the under 4. Bad mistake.

Comment

• Tough to have a bunch of offensive sets ready to go when you are playing your 3rd game in 3 days. Especially when UAB was switching between man, their 2-3, and their trapping 1-3-1. Great job by them.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  1. Really needed a good whistle. Didn't get one.
                  2. Bell can't shoot, Rogers can't drive.
                  3. DR needed to play more minutes, no?
                  4. HCPM can't run some sets to get Colby open?
                  5. The big kid for UAB is great. GREAT, actually.
                  6. Their defense is really good, part players, part scheme.
                  7. Out-everythinged in the second half, no legs.
                  8. Ballard will be highly sought after, Rogers maybe not.
                  9. Better heart and effort than I thought we had in us.
                  10. I hope Mills is making phone calls on the ride home.
                  We actually were ahead of them until around the 4 minute mark. Once Cortes fouled the 3 point shooter we lost it.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• 1. Don't play on Wednesday.
                    2. I hope UAB can keep Lindeborg for the Conference, but I doubt it. Serious motor and good skills.
                    3. Don't be shitty enough to play Wednesday.
                    4. Strength and conditioning may VERY WELL BE the number one concern during the off season. We are last in our conference there, imho shoxlax ?
                    5. Up 2 with 6 minutes and change remaining, we give up 11 points in 12 seconds.
                    6. That's damned near a point a second folks.
                    7. That's on EVERYONE. Fatigue, whatever. I get it, foul problems exacerbated our fatigue. Forced us into odd lineups. Call timeout, figure it out.
                    8. Still very pleased with how they fought and won 2 games down there. It's something not to just be thrown aside.
                    9. Don't finish 11-14 and play on Wednesday.
                    10. Don't give up a point a second during any 10 second stretch of any game, ever.
                    11. When you're bleeding, stop.
                    12. Do not be shitty enough that you have to play on Wednesday.
                    13. Hats off to 4 of the CUSA additions for bringing their collective lunch pails this season. Well done. Hope we can hold up our end from now on.
                    14. Defensively speaking, holding a team to a point a minute is too much to ask....a point a second is not.
                    15. Avoid 5 point possessions.
                    16. Avoid back, to back, to back 3s with an offensive board off a missed 3 and 1 resulting in 2 Free Throws whenever possible. And if you do, try to burn more than 12 seconds while getting 0 shots.
                    17. I hate that the team that had a guy throwing a punch wins. Just seems wrong.
                    18. Be better defensively next season. Everywhere. After you get in shape and stronger.
                    19. Don't give up a point a second.
                    20. Go Shocks. Now the work really begins.
                    21. These are good people. Good players, good people. I can and will support that (just not NIL).

Comment

HCPM did not have a good 2nd half.
                      UAB put a chaser on CR and no obvious adjustment was ever made to counter it.
                      Time out right there!!!

They had a good run though and sent Memphis home.
                      So some satisfaction happened this year in Ft. Worth.

That is all.
                      Excellent post. I've expanded on this with my own thoughts

Comment

• DrWu, you forgot to mention about not playing on Wednesday I think.

Comment

• I’ll take:

1. Going over ball screens and not under. UAB scored multiple times on that.
                          2. BLOB plays that actually work, and not a 50-50 - toss up in the air and hope we get it - ball.
                          3. A collective higher bball IQ from all our guards, regardless who they are.
                          4. A random full, 3/4, or 1/2 court press…just to change things up.
                          5. Guards who can break a jr high 1/2 court press.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Cross our fingers KS and Armchair or whatever have something competitive to offer.
                            Hopefully but ultimately doesn't matter. Results are all that do

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              DrWu, you forgot to mention about not playing on Wednesday I think.
                              Outstanding point. Playing on Wednesday, resulting in potentially 5 games in 5 days, when you are likely not to be able to handle 3 games in 3 days, is a scenario you want to avoid, if at all possible. Thanks for pointing that out!!!

Comment

• Rebound totals were similar. With our foul issues and not boxing out very well all Season, here is still another factor we saw all Season. Our best rebounder, DR had 4 rebounds in 8 minutes tonight, and was not even in foul trouble. He gave full effort as I thought all of our Shockers did today.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X