Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Hopefully but ultimately doesn't matter. Results are all that do
    It will definitely will end up mattering but agreed on second point no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

2. I hope UAB can keep Lindeborg for the Conference, but I doubt it. Serious motor and good skills.
      Dude is a beast. Putting it lightly.

Comment

• Statements of the obvious and some questions:

1) That 8 point turn around doomed us. Wouldn't have had to be over at that point but it was.
        2) Why was our best rebounder sitting on the bench for most of the game?
        3) I know they teach blocking out in junior high but apparently our players either didn't go to junior high or they need a refresher.
        4) Why can we not get the ball in on out of bounds plays?
        5) It appeared that the game plan was to hold the ball until the shot clock was almost out and then try to get a shot off. Was that on purpose? Because it seemed like our guards were looking over at the bench while they were wasting the first 20 seconds of the clock.
        6) Our basketball IQ is off the low end of the chart.
        "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Rogers, DR and RD 3-21 sums it up along with that nightmare 30 secs. The reason DR doesn't play as much as many would like is defense. He gets lost alot and over matched by bigger PF's.

Comment

• #dontplayonwednesday

If we can avoid that next year…That would be preferable.

Comment

• Remember N. Iowa giving away a ton of points at the end of the game in a very short time many years ago at the Dance? Their inbounds passer got shaken up and came out of the game with a nice lead for N. Iowa. The other Panthers kept throwing bad passes in so close, Texas A&M kept stealing the rock for quick easy chip shots galore under their own basket, and overcame the big deficit for the win in a short amount of time. See clip below. Final was Texas A&M 92- N. Iowa 88 in double overtime.

Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 16, 2024, 07:46 AM.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Remember N. Iowa giving away a ton of points at the end of the game in a very short time many years ago at the Dance? Their inbounds passer got shaken up and came out of the game with a nice lead for N. Iowa. The other Panthers kept throwing bad passes in so close, Texas A&M kept stealing the rock for quick easy chip shots galore under their own basket, and overcame the big deficit for the win in a short amount of time. See clip below. Final was Texas A&M 92- N. Iowa 88 in double overtime.

https://youtu.be/DNGmD6FcQdY?si=eH2RuqXEizjwniEP
                I remember that one well. Billy Kennedy was A&M’s coach. Exhibit A, “it ain’t over til it’s over”.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Yes, and that loss also cost WSU money. It's one for everyone to remember just how fast a nice lead can melt away in in the fast and furious game of basketball. Of course years before that one, N. Iowa did come back and shock and surprise KU at the Dance too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                    Statements of the obvious and some questions:

1) That 8 point turn around doomed us. Wouldn't have had to be over at that point but it was.
                    2) Why was our best rebounder sitting on the bench for most of the game?
                    3) I know they teach blocking out in junior high but apparently our players either didn't go to junior high or they need a refresher.
                    4) Why can we not get the ball in on out of bounds plays?
                    5) It appeared that the game plan was to hold the ball until the shot clock was almost out and then try to get a shot off. Was that on purpose? Because it seemed like our guards were looking over at the bench while they were wasting the first 20 seconds of the clock.
                    6) Our basketball IQ is off the low end of the chart.
                    Guessing the answer to #5 is combat fatigue.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Guessing the answer to #5 is combat fatigue.
                      I think that #5 was a "slow down", and limit turn overs (especially atomic bomb that would result in a layup for UAB) game plan. Did you notice how much quicker their guards (they were smaller too) were than ours? They were doubling our guards and we didn't have an answer. It didn't work, but it did when we beat them at Birmingham.

We had plenty of open shots but we aren't a good shooting team.

Comment

Here is a prediction. UAB will beat USF too.
                        UAB 93

S. Florida 83

A foul Fest

Comment

UAB 93

S. Florida 83

A foul Fest
                          That was a football game.
                          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Working...
                          X