WSU (5-13, 15-18) Versus (UAB 12-6, 20-11) Predictions And Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU (5-13, 15-18) Versus (UAB 12-6, 20-11) Predictions And Game Thread

As FSF, I am struggling this whole Season. As a fan, I'm trying not to get too high or too low. The Shocks have won 4 of the last 5 games, broke an AAC Tourney shooting % record (Us? YES, WSU), and Colby is now the Shocker record holder of most 3 pointers in a Season. Beating Memphis was rare and thus made some of us Shockly giddy.

A win in this game would make us 6-0 versus UAB. Last game, Colby had 29 points and UAB star Eric Gaines scored 0 on their home floor. What? Yes, so that resulted in a 74-66 Shocker victory. Three other players the Shockers have to contain to win are Yaxel Lendeborg, Christian Coleman and Mr. Vasquez.

UAB did defeat a good SMU team in their last game. On March 3rd, Memphis beat UAB 106-87.

We will soon see if our Shockers have some more March Madness AAC wins left in their tank. History repeats itself.

WSU 74

UAB 66
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Game time?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Game time?
      2pm
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If a 16-seed can beat a 1-seed in the Big Dance, a 12-seed can beat a 4-seed in the pre-party event.

Shockers by 12.

Let's Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Game time?
          Listed at 2pm CT, but the previous game tips at noon, so WSU-UAB probably won’t start until closer to 2:30. Why the conference schedules the next game to start straight-up two hours after previous game seems dumb. But whatever. They didn’t ask me.

78-65

Comment

Shockers are 6-0 against UAB. Never bet against a streak. Good thing I didn't bet for Memphis though.

Comment

The sceptic in me wonders when fatigue sets in.

Comment

I am going to guess............pickem line

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  It already did halfway through the 2nd half .. but we fought through it

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    I think we're screwed in this regard unless we have world class nutritionists and trainers on hand.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      I am going to guess............pickem line
                      UAB -4.5
                      Sort of surprised considering we whooped em at their place. Was guessing it'd be 1.5 or 2 at most.

Comment

I’d imagine most of UABs prep this week was spent on Memphis. Go Shox!

Comment

If you were told a month ago that standing between this team and the semifinals was a game against UAB, you’d be shitting yourself.

This is an opportunity to exorcise a lot of demons from this year and it’s more than doable. As long as they don’t revert back to the things they did in 29 of their previous 33 games.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't think 3 games in 3 days is going to work out well for a team that seemed to have some conditioning issues.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I think we're screwed in this regard unless we have world class nutritionists and trainers on hand.

I think I heard Patty is running a cold bath for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X