No announcement yet.

WSU (5-13, 15-18) Versus (UAB 12-6, 20-11) Predictions And Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The substitutions and various combos seemed to hurt us more than help us in 1st half.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Keep going to Colby, he keeps missing. DO SOMETHING ELSE

Comment

This is mostly effort. Better on the boards probably is all we need. Coleman and Yaxel can't have 7 more O boards.

Control the boards, lock down the D just a little bit and advance.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          The substitutions and various combos seemed to hurt us more than help us in 1st half.
          That's the effect of not bringing Ridgnal back in. I can only assume it's to protect him from getting too emotional in a chippy game. But we could use his rebounding and shooting right now.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Not trying AT ALL to be unrealistic, but this game has become, to me at least, a must win for the program.

There's really no excuse to not beat a team you've already beat on their court, after they lost their best shooter. We should be able to find some ways and schemes to exploit that deficiency and come away with a win.

And that's not saying anything negative about the coaches, or players etc. Just find a ****ING way to get to Saturday.

Go Shocks
            If I'm not mistaken the Shocks played games on Wednesday and Thursday. No way they should be favored to win this game from the #4 seed who is playing their first game. That doesn't mean they won't win it, but with or with out their best shooter beating UAB in these circumstances would certainly exceed my expectations and would be a major accomplishment.

Comment

Looks like CR is a bit tired. Hope Coach rolls out DR in the second half. Keep grinding Shocks...the legs are burning...but keep grinding!

Go Shocks!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Rogers will find his shot. Hoping DR, QB, and DeGray get in lots second half so we can get on the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

That's the effect of not bringing Ridgnal back in. I can only assume it's to protect him from getting too emotional in a chippy game. But we could use his rebounding and shooting right now.
                  Agreed 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                    Couple of mental mistakes hurt. Where is DR?
                    Just speculation on my part but I am thinking PM wants to force UAB to beat us from the perimeter and that is why he has QB and KP in together.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Looks like CB is a bit tired. Hope Coach rolls out DR in the second half. Keep grinding Shocks...the legs are burning...but keep grinding!

Go Shocks!!!
                      Not sure if it was fatigue or just a brain fart, but that last foul by CR was as stupid as any foul I've seen in years!
                      I just don't know what the hell he could have been thinking!

That is all.
                      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Wondering if fatigue has set in and HCPM actually has to use Germany? I hope not!

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Don’t feel like we are playing all that well but are right in this. Very winnable, but need to play smart.

Comment

• Thank God there aren't any Pop-tarts in the house.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              I really wasn't expecting a flagrant 2, but Ok. Refs probably trying to get control before it gets out of control.
                              Seems to me they lost it when Degray got run over. I thought then the players were going to push until the referee's wrestled control back.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Not sure if it was fatigue or just a brain fart, but that last foul by CR was as stupid as any foul I've seen in years!
                                I just don't know what the hell he could have been thinking!

That is all.
                                To top it off, he looked upset at the bench for not knowing he already had a foul and/or they didn’t have a foul to give.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X