WSU (5-13, 15-18) Versus (UAB 12-6, 20-11) Predictions And Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
    We'll win this game if the mentality is the same. We didn't shoot that well from 3 and Colby struggled with turnovers and we still won against Memphis. I like our chances.
    I do agree with this. It's my feeling and hope as well.

It was nice not having to shoot 70% in order to win. They proved they could up their toughness and overcome. Now hopefully they believe it enough to do it again.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

With the current AAU structure, 3 games in 3 days is nothing for these guys. They've spent the last 5-10 years playing multiple high-level games per day throughout a weekend. HCPM noted in his pre-tournament presser he has a science/plan for rest and recovery for the 5 games in 5 days. I laughed it off initially but now I am intrigued with what their plan for this is. I hope it works as much as he thinks it will. Lets go Shox!!

Comment

Let's Gooooooooooo!!!!
        As excited as I've been this whole season!!!
        Go Shocks!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Let's Gooooooooooo!!!!
          As excited as I've been this whole season!!!
          Go Shocks!!!
          Remember eons ago when the Shockers were not very good, posting and dreaming here on SN late on work nights of the Shocks being a National force to contend with. Then along came Coaches Turgeon and Marshall.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I think we're screwed in this regard unless we have world class nutritionists and trainers on hand.
            I heard they were getting advise on what kind of cocktails Joe Biden's caregivers worked up for him prior to the the recent SOTU game.

Comment

A wise man once said "If they believe they deserve it, more than we believe we deserve it, it could happen. But if we believe we belong, and this is our time, its gonna happen."

Comment

This will raise some eyeballs, but one of our best hopes today lies in Kenny Pohto. He only played 10 minutes yesterday, so he's very fresh.

I'm concerned about DeGray and potential concussion, plus he played 28 minutes yesterday. So I'm also leaning on Ridgnal heavy today as well.

I think we have a path to victory if Pohto and Ridgnal bring their A games.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If the the first couple of 3 point shots are coming up short, we will know that their legs are fatigued. Drive the paint from the start. We know what the first shot will be anyway.

Comment

Would it be asking too much for us to go up 30 so we can get our starters some rest?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Would it be asking too much for us to go up 30 so we can get our starters some rest?
                      Last time I remember a lead like that was at halftime in the Coach Marshall Era against Baylor around the Season or two before they won the National Championship. In that game, if I recall correctly, Baylor got within 6 or 8 but we still defeated them.

Comment

Tom Crean and Josh Pastner understandably gave edge to UAB but said that UAB’s changing defense is hard to prepare for in less than 24 hours.

Ummm…didn’t WSU just play UAB a couple weeks ago? There is at least some recent familiarity with it.
                        78-65

Comment

Giddy up! Coach Perry in the house!

Comment

We've already missed some opportunities. Can't do that when we know the legs are going to go early in this one.

Comment

Pretty clear UAB wants to run us down knowing it's our 3rd game in 3 days. I will be shocked if we can run with them. Gotta try and slow them down if we can. Easier said than done.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We don't look tired so far. This could be a close one.

Comment

Working...
                                X