Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU (5-13, 14-18), VS. MEMPHIS 11-7, 22-9) Predictions, and, or Game Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

2 particular posters on this forum would probably cream themselves.
    And then double cream themselves if the Shox brought back IB.

Comment

• I'm not sure if anyone has seen the Memphis post-game presser, but its quite uncomfortable.

Press conference with Memphis head caoch Penny Hardaway, Nae'Qwan Tomlin and David Jones following the Tiger's 71-65 loss to Wichita State in the second roun...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Where did this Bijan Cortes come from. In the two tournament games he has scored 23 points on 9-15 from the field including 3-5 on 3-pointers and 2-2 from the line and perhaps most importantly 10 assists and only 2 turnovers and throw in 7 rebounds as well.
        You know...the thing about it is that it's really not, to me at least, outside what I would consider standard deviation. What I mean is, yes, the numbers and play are very good, and while it IS unusual, it's not crazy like stats and play that is way above his pay grade. He's under control, being aggressive in the right situations and not getting sped up too much (which has been a HUGE problem for him to date). Yeah, he's not a 45% 3 guy, but he's not a bad shooter, just needs to take good shots. It helps when they can make teams pay for paying too much attention to Colby (obviously I know) but Colby is a stone cold killer down the stretch right now. You HAVE to dog him or he's going to light you up the way he's playing right now (6 of the last 7 games he's torn out the other team's liver).

Bijan has finally allowed the game to come to him, and the results have been very, very solid.

#WhyNotUs

Comment

“My sister (Aunt Charmain) is like an egg,” Dawn said. “Hard on the outside, but soft and gooey on the inside.”
          sounds like Pin.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
            I'm not sure if anyone has seen the Memphis post-game presser, but its quite uncomfortable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcjsN0hMEHs
            Yeah...uncomfortable really doesn't describe it adequately, and don't misunderstand me, I certainly don't have the words to describe it.

The first question for the players was a HORRIBLE question....so I guess the response also matched.

Penny working 20 hours a day to make the team better. Perhaps he could benefit from a good night's sleep.

The punishment is going to get better with Penny.

He's got their backs, but harsh reality is right around the corner.

7:45 MUST SEE

You might want to ask the players why they were so flat...we were prepared. OUCH.

8:50 NIT QUESTION

ZERO.

Comment

• Also, who gives themselves a high five for the way they've helped their mom?

I feel bad for him and his family, but why doesn't he have ALL the help in the world with his mom???

It kind of reminded me of President Obama giving himself a "good solid B+". Only about 1000 times creepier.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

In all fairness Doc, I post a lot crap (attempts at humor). I’m sure many glossed over the post. It deserved a thread of its own and I should have taken the time to do it. It really touched me and I also wish we could have read about it sooner. Stories like this make me less critical of our team and the future of college athletics. I believe Craig Porter was at a crossroads in his life and overcame the obstacles of a troubled youth.
                I'm sure not many know the absolute hell on Earth CPJ lived through. No doubt some of it is still with him today. You can't wash that off. Seeing him succeed is a double edged sword...on one hand, completely thrilled his drive, dedication and perseverance have paid off, but at the same time, completely nervous knowing that factors sometimes beyond his control can blow it up in an instant. Saying a regular prayer for that young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Yeah...uncomfortable really doesn't describe it adequately, and don't misunderstand me, I certainly don't have the words to describe it.

The first question for the players was a HORRIBLE question....so I guess the response also matched.

Penny working 20 hours a day to make the team better. Perhaps he could benefit from a good night's sleep.

The punishment is going to get better with Penny.

He's got their backs, but harsh reality is right around the corner.

7:45 MUST SEE

You might want to ask the players why they were so flat...we were prepared. OUCH.

8:50 NIT QUESTION

ZERO.

The questions were horrible. Penny seemed to never really take accountability for how the team played. Turning down the NIT without talking to administration, but also saying he has too much family stuff going on to consider going to the NIT.

Comment

The questions were horrible. Penny seemed to never really take accountability for how the team played. Turning down the NIT without talking to administration, but also saying he has too much family stuff going on to consider going to the NIT.
                    Yea, but everything is about Penny. Players are second. Penny first. Same reason why even though he seems to bring on some really solid assistants, they never seem to get better. Also probably why he seems to have a revolving door at assistant too. Why be brought on "for your experience" when its just all about what Penny wants anyways

Comment

Plus you could easily take a leave absence and turn the team over to your assistants for an NIT run to finish out the year.

Comment

Plus you could easily take a leave absence and turn the team over to your assistants for an NIT run to finish out the year.
                        The team would probably play better with the assistants anyways

Comment

• Maybe I'm off base but it seemed like Jones looked at him in that press conference like he couldn't stand the guy.

Good coach's do not throw their players under the bus by saying the coaching staff told them everything and they just didn't do it.

Comment

• Good points on the last couple of posts. Answering that question unilaterally was either the result of frustration, lack of time to really think about it, or incredibly selfish. What if the players would like to keep playing?

Comment

Turning down the NIT without talking to administration, but also saying he has too much family stuff going on to consider going to the NIT.
                              Not too busy to collect that paycheck though..
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Good points on the last couple of posts. Answering that question unilaterally was either the result of frustration, lack of time to really think about it, or incredibly selfish. What if the players would like to keep playing?
                                100%. That is a player decision, primarily. If the team wants to keep playing you keep playing. How arrogant to be above the NIT. Freaking win some games so you don't have to worry about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X