Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The current answer is no you can not .. (until someone sues)

Comment

• I wonder how much this dude cost?
      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
        Can’t believe he didn’t commit to Purdue.

Comment

• NCAA proposes eliminating football's spring transfer window
          The NCAA's FBS and FCS oversight committees have recommended college football get rid of the spring transfer window and move to a single transfer period.

Max Olson, ESPN Staff Writer
          Aug 27, 2024, 05:12 PM ET

"College football's spring transfer period is officially in danger of being eliminated after the NCAA's FBS and FCS oversight committees recommended the sport move to a single offseason notification-of-transfer window.

Under their proposal, the 30-day transfer window in December would become the lone opportunity for FBS and FCS players to enter their name in the transfer portal and seek a new school. For the past two years, the transfer portal has also opened for a 15-day window in April...."

​​​If I remember correctly, men's basketball has a single 60-day window which begins the day after Selection Sunday for the. men's basketball championship. I would guess that basketball would follow the direction of football.

Comment

• I believe there has been previous talk about basketball being shortened to 45 days.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• NCAA's Division I Council votes to shorten transfer windows play
              The NCAA's Division I Council has voted to shorten the transfer portal windows for football as well as men's and women's basketball, and in all sports, players will continue to get an additional 30-day transfer window in the event of a coaching change.

Max Olson, ESPN Staff Writer
              Oct 8, 2024, 06:34 PM ET

'...Men's and women's basketball will also move from a 45-day to a 30-day transfer window that open on the day after the end of the second round of their NCAA tournaments. The transfer window in basketball previously opened on the day after Selection Sunday.

In all sports, players will continue to get an additional 30-day transfer window in the event of a head-coaching change, opening the day after the departure of their head coach is announced.

Once they've entered the portal, players will still be able to transfer to a new school at any time. Graduate transfers are currently allowed to enter the transfer portal between Oct. 1 and the end of their sport-specific transfer window."​

Comment

• NCAA approves elimination of National Letter of Intent program
                The NCAA Division I Council has approved the immediate elimination of the national letter of intent program, marking a historic shift to the recruiting landscape.

Eli Lederman, ESPN Staff Writer
                Oct 9, 2024, 03:31 PM ET

"The NCAA Division I Council has approved the elimination of the National Letter of Intent program effective immediately, the NCAA announced Wednesday, marking a historic shift to the recruiting landscape.

Established in 1964, the NLI program has existed as the formal, binding agreement between prospective athletes and college programs for the last 60 years. The NLI will be replaced by a new financial aid agreement that will provide many of the same core functions as the NLI and will likely be tied to a contract related to an impending revenue-sharing model across college athletics.

Under the new rules, transfer athletes will be allowed to sign with a new school after they've formally entered the portal. Per the NCAA, once a prospect has signed a written offer of athletic aid, other schools will be "prohibited from recruiting communications."..."​

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  NCAA approves elimination of National Letter of Intent program
                  The NCAA Division I Council has approved the immediate elimination of the national letter of intent program, marking a historic shift to the recruiting landscape.

Eli Lederman, ESPN Staff Writer
                  Oct 9, 2024, 03:31 PM ET

"The NCAA Division I Council has approved the elimination of the National Letter of Intent program effective immediately, the NCAA announced Wednesday, marking a historic shift to the recruiting landscape.

Established in 1964, the NLI program has existed as the formal, binding agreement between prospective athletes and college programs for the last 60 years. The NLI will be replaced by a new financial aid agreement that will provide many of the same core functions as the NLI and will likely be tied to a contract related to an impending revenue-sharing model across college athletics.

Under the new rules, transfer athletes will be allowed to sign with a new school after they've formally entered the portal. Per the NCAA, once a prospect has signed a written offer of athletic aid, other schools will be "prohibited from recruiting communications."..."​
                  LOL, yeah that's not going to stop schools for reaching out. The NCAA isn't going to enforce jack crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

LOL, yeah that's not going to stop schools for reaching out. The NCAA isn't going to enforce jack crap.
                    I mean technically NIL can't be used for recruiting so those discussions can't be cobsidered "recruiting communications", riiiight?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Actually, this being a financial agreement might make it have some teeth. Schools might be able to go after damages from tampering now.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Actually, this being a financial agreement might make it have some teeth. Schools might be able to go after damages from tampering now.
                        But it's a contract between a player and his school of choice. I don't see the courts giving a crap about a different school recruiting that player. NCAA rules say they can't recruit a player under that contract, but since when did the NCAA care about enforcing their rules on P5 teams?

Now if the school puts a buy out clause in the contract with the player, that may work, as any other school would probably have to pay the kids buyout to get him to their school

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

But it's a contract between a player and his school of choice. I don't see the courts giving a crap about a different school recruiting that player. NCAA rules say they can't recruit a player under that contract, but since when did the NCAA care about enforcing their rules on P5 teams?

Now if the school puts a buy out clause in the contract with the player, that may work, as any other school would probably have to pay the kids buyout to get him to their school
                          Tortious interference is a thing. But if the NIL contracts are one year contracts like scholarships, then it's not obvious you would be interfering.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                          X